icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know about installing the wads after getting them from NUSD but i was just wondering if priiloader prevented the update from happening or not since if you try to load the wii shop channel your prompted for an update.

Basically does the hack block online updates apply to both the wii shop channel asking for an update and trying to run an update through the wii settings menu.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I believe it does not, because you're connecting to Nintendo's servers when going through the Wii Shop Channel. On non-hacked Wii consoles, they're all going to have the latest IOS and Shop Channel version. Connecting to Nintendo's servers is basically sending them a message whether you have the latest Shop Channel / IOS or not. Older Shop Channels won't be able to connect to the server as they are replaced by the newer versions as they are released, which is why they ask you to perform a system update to obtain the latest versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...