404 Error: Member Not Found
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So it appears that wii speak will require a 16 digit code to download the wii speak channel to use the microphone. And that this code may only be used once, and if lost will not be replaced by nintendo. The really bad part is that without the channel the mic will be useless. Wonder how long it will take before the speak channel is floating around as a wad. Anyone interested in RTFA'ing Click Here
Note: article is not entirely about wii speak

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@joker86 You have to dump your NAND and then with some app extract the .wad you want..... hmmmm I was wondering if the Mario Kar channel can be done in .wad..!!!
smile.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Comes out the 16th in the US... I give the WAD for the WiiSpeak channel 2 days to appear online...

by the 18th of November, we'll see the WiiSpeak.wad floating around.

But my question is... what if you legit bought the game, and had to send your Wii back to nintendo... do you get to download the channel again? What if you don't play AC:CF for a while, and delete the channel, or format your Wii... does the code work for downloading more than once? It just says in the article that it won't be REPLACED... so if you lose it, your SOL, but what if you wanna download it after you format your Wii? Nintendo might face a lawsuit here in the US if someone does that...

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
Comes out the 16th in the US... I give the WAD for the WiiSpeak channel 2 days to appear online...

by the 18th of November, we'll see the WiiSpeak.wad floating around.

But my question is... what if you legit bought the game, and had to send your Wii back to nintendo... do you get to download the channel again? What if you don't play AC:CF for a while, and delete the channel, or format your Wii... does the code work for downloading more than once? It just says in the article that it won't be REPLACED... so if you lose it, your SOL, but what if you wanna download it after you format your Wii? Nintendo might face a lawsuit here in the US if someone does that...

You probably end up with the buy registered to your Nintendo Shop account as any other buy from there; with the difference it wasn't bought with Wii (soon to be Nintendo) Points in the first place. So I don't think redownloading it to the same Wii will be a problem; it's just when you want to use it on your second Wii or sell it that this will pose a problem. (That is until WiiSpeak.wad pops up of course.)

johnelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding the speaker will still work with games. You just won't have the wii speak channel which allows you to connect and speak with three other wiis (outside of a game), and allows you to send messages with audio.

weirdfate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im hoping someone can work this into something that can be used like all the other's like xbox have where you can chat in all online games while your playing........

somewhere over the rainbow.......

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There wouldn't have to be a wad if Nintendo didn't treat it's customers to a software version of an ever coming prostate exam.

Wait...Mario Prostate.....imagine the controller.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
ether2802 said:
@joker86 You have to dump your NAND and then with some app extract the .wad you want..... hmmmm I was wondering if the Mario Kar channel can be done in .wad..!!!
smile.gif
There already is a Mario Kart Channel WAD
wink.gif

Yup, but only the PAL Mario Kart Channel because the scene release of the PAL version used the old wiiscrubber that removed it.

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Here it is, the 21st, and still no WAD... what's going on? where is it guys!

Wii Speak Channel doesn't launch until December...

The only channel you can get is one that basically tells you when the Wii Speak Channel is available
tongue.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trancepara said:
zidane_genome said:
Here it is, the 21st, and still no WAD... what's going on? where is it guys!

Wii Speak Channel doesn't launch until December...

The only channel you can get is one that basically tells you when the Wii Speak Channel is available
tongue.gif
thats still the channel. Its still considered launched but not active.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i'm writing an essay about a poem (i had to) and i chose one about death, so i decided i'd drop...