Hacking Wii Sports Resort

johny48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zapaz said:
i get to the 4 wm+ vids EVERY time,either with usb loader gx or tthrough neogamma using the wii resort test 1,if i disable alt dol loading i get 001 error,funny thing is i loaded up coverfloader and changed nothing,i just booted it and would you believe it,it worked,weird eh so whats wrong with neogammer etc?

Hi
after reading this i tried loading via coverfloader as i had similar problemes using neogamma and usb gx loader and it works im using 3.4 software and cIOS38 rev13a.
cheers johny48

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zapaz said:
i get to the 4 wm+ vids EVERY time,either with usb loader gx or tthrough neogamma using the wii resort test 1,if i disable alt dol loading i get 001 error,funny thing is i loaded up coverfloader and changed nothing,i just booted it and would you believe it,it worked,weird eh so whats wrong with neogammer etc?

There's nothing wrong with NeoGamma, NeoGamma is compatible with Sam & Max, and that's why it's not compatible with that game with cIOSrev13a. Do you really get 001 with the Wii Resort test version of NeoGamma?

zapaz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
zapaz said:

There's nothing wrong with NeoGamma, NeoGamma is compatible with Sam & Max, and that's why it's not compatible with that game with cIOSrev13a. Do you really get 001 with the Wii Resort test version of NeoGamma?

if i turn off alt dol,yes

so what your saying is if i stop using 13a and change to say 13b,wsr will work with neogamma with the 002 fix turned on(playing from DVD)? as well as other games such as indy?

murfMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it to work perfectly with usb-loader GX on a NTSC 4.0 Wii with cios rev 10 installed

here's how i did it:

to see the motion plus video you need to use wii scrubber to extract the player.dol file and place it in the root of your SD card.

Gh0sT5 said:
-> partition2 -> sys -> mpls_movie -> player.dol

extract player.dol and rename it : RZTJ01.dol, put this file in alt-dol folder in your sd card and lauch usbloader gx, don't forget to activate it in the game's options!

launching the game you will be able to see the video of wiimotion plus after it reboots the wii, so relaunch usbloader gx and deactivate the alt-dol option your game will work perfectly! enjoy^^

and here are my game settings under usb-loader:

Video Mode: Force NTSC
VIDTV Patch: ON
Game Language: Japanese
Ocarina: OFF
IOS: 249
Parental COntrol: 0(Everyone)
Error 002 fix: ON
Patch Country Strings: OFF
Alternate DOL: Off (the first time you run the game turn it on, second time and after its ok to leave off)
Block IOS Reload: ON

With these settings the game runs flawlessly for me. hope this helps someone out there!

domshen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
markedmanner said:
Ok everyone that is having trouble with this..... Here is my setup and how I got it work.. I am using a NTSC Wii. I have System Menu 4.0 installed. I have Wankinkokos cIOS 38 rev 13 (aka rev13a) I have no idea if it works with rev 13b or not. There has seem to be alot of bugs with 13b. So use just rev 13. I am using the USB Loader GX rev 566. I did the whole wii scrubbing method that has been described. Open up the ISO with wii scrubber and look at partition2/sys/mpls_movie/ to find player.dol extract it to your computer. then rename it the game id is for Wii Sports Resort. It will probably be RZTJ01 which is what is for me. So the player.dol file should be named RZTJ01.dol or whatever the game id is if it happens to be different. Now put in the root of your SD card. NOT in the root of the apps folder or in any other folder. RZTJ01.dol should not be in any folder. It should simply be in the root of the SD. Now fire up USB Loader GX. Using the following settings:

Video Mode: System Default

VIDTV PATCH: OFF

ERROR 02 FIX: ON

Alternate DOL: ON

Block IOS Reload: OFF
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point when the game loads you will click on the screen then it will play a video in Japanese telling you how to use the Wii Motion plus. It last about 10 minutes. Let it play and finish... You will then be taken back to the main system menu. After this you MUST power off your wii and power it back on. After you do this go back into USB Loader GX and change ONLY this setting in the game settings. Alternate DOL: OFF. Now the game should load and you will be able to play only if you have Wii motion plus. this tutorial should work for anyone with a NTSC Wii I would assume.

This worked perfectly, thank you very much for the post. Only part I had any trouble with was finding the stupid key.bin for wiiscrubber, but i did and was able to get this working :-)

On another note, is it just me or does USB loader gx just keep getting better and better and better :-D

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zapaz said:
WiiPower said:
zapaz said:

so what your saying is if i stop using 13a and change to say 13b,wsr will work with neogamma with the 002 fix turned on(playing from DVD)? as well as other games such as indy?

There's really never any reason to use rev13b instead of rev13a. The Wii Resort test version of NeoGamma should work for the game while the regular doesn't. If it does not work for you i need lots of information to fix this, and even more information to be able to tell Waninkoko how to fix this, so that a loader can be compatible with that game and Sam & Max at the same time without a switch.

domshen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
zapaz said:
WiiPower said:
zapaz said:

There's really never any reason to use rev13b instead of rev13a. The Wii Resort test version of NeoGamma should work for the game while the regular doesn't. If it does not work for you i need lots of information to fix this, and even more information to be able to tell Waninkoko how to fix this, so that a loader can be compatible with that game and Sam & Max at the same time without a switch.

I would love a reliable sam and max fix

Souldat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I watched the wii motion plus video, and the game ran fine. I played it about 10 times. Now when I try to play it just restarts the wii. Any ideas? I am on 4.0, using rev10 and usb loader gx.

domshen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Souldat said:
I watched the wii motion plus video, and the game ran fine. I played it about 10 times. Now when I try to play it just restarts the wii. Any ideas? I am on 4.0, using rev10 and usb loader gx.

what if you do the alt dol trick again?

kwirky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you played Wiiware from SD card.

Souldat said:

Souldat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea doing the alt dol trick gets it working again, thankfully. I was more curious as to why it stopped working and kwirky is right. Hopefully that can get fixed some how.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am still clinging onto cIOS rev9 (3.2U) - thankfully with rev 566 of the GX loader and using the alt-dol on/off trick it runs flawlessly.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
markedmanner said:
Ok everyone that is having trouble with this..... Here is my setup and how I got it work.. I am using a NTSC Wii. I have System Menu 4.0 installed. I have Wankinkokos cIOS 38 rev 13 (aka rev13a) I have no idea if it works with rev 13b or not. There has seem to be alot of bugs with 13b. So use just rev 13. I am using the USB Loader GX rev 566. I did the whole wii scrubbing method that has been described. Open up the ISO with wii scrubber and look at partition2/sys/mpls_movie/ to find player.dol extract it to your computer. then rename it the game id is for Wii Sports Resort. It will probably be RZTJ01 which is what is for me. So the player.dol file should be named RZTJ01.dol or whatever the game id is if it happens to be different. Now put in the root of your SD card. NOT in the root of the apps folder or in any other folder. RZTJ01.dol should not be in any folder. It should simply be in the root of the SD. Now fire up USB Loader GX. Using the following settings:

Video Mode: System Default

VIDTV PATCH: OFF

ERROR 02 FIX: ON

Alternate DOL: ON

Block IOS Reload: OFF
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point when the game loads you will click on the screen then it will play a video in Japanese telling you how to use the Wii Motion plus. It last about 10 minutes. Let it play and finish... You will then be taken back to the main system menu. After this you MUST power off your wii and power it back on. After you do this go back into USB Loader GX and change ONLY this setting in the game settings. Alternate DOL: OFF. Now the game should load and you will be able to play only if you have Wii motion plus. this tutorial should work for anyone with a NTSC Wii I would assume.

Wanted to add to the thanks for this. This setup worked perfectly and made the most sense (although I used cIOS 222, but that doesn't matter at all).

Mr Esteves

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My wii sports decided to stop working after an update to firm 4.0 (waninkoko upgrade) when a tried to launch the game it returns to the wii menu so i did the alt dol thing again and watched the video, then turned off my wii and change the settings to run off alt bot dol but i get black screen all the time already tried block iso reload on and off and patch video mode on and off its the same result, runing a wii with Cios rev 13a usb loader GX (570) wii 4.0 IOS 60 patched, maybe i ned to downgrade some IOS?

Valygar

Trophies
XP
Country
The game works but... My TV is Pal, like the Wii I own, and though it plays PAL 60 hz without flaws, all ntsc games play on black and white without autopatch.

The problem is that autopatch just don't work with Wii Sports Resort, it gives a Black screen... the only video modes that work for me are disc default and force ntsc.

PD: I tried to patch the game to change its video mode (like if I was going to burn it into a dvd) but tried it with usbloader gx... with the same result.

grkazan11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time i try to run it with the alternative RZTJ.dol it was always tell me sd/apps/usb-loader/RZTJ.dol not found and i even put it in that directory and the root of the sd card

can anyone please help me with this error??? any help would be appreciated

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
grkazan11 said:
every time i try to run it with the alternative RZTJ.dol it was always tell me sd/apps/usb-loader/RZTJ.dol not found and i even put it in that directory and the root of the sd card

Its RZTJ01 you need for GX (least thats what I used) - I believe Neogamma uses RZTJ - which loader are you using?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
grkazan11 said:

Assuming you're using USB Loader GX (not likely here...) make sure the custom path is set to the SD, not the USB drive. I got that error on GX loading everything from the USB drive. Putting the alt.dol in the root of the USB drive doesn't work for whatever reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    a house divided will not stand
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i think it was Lincoln or maybe grandma that said that
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    it was you yourself who said it, 24 minutes ago
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    making history my friend!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    iu

ayo u eatin dis?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Pfffffft I used to make dat :creep:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Watching a movie
    +2
    which one?
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I watched Hundreds of Beavers the other night, pretty damn awesome, bit long but funny all through it and clever as hell.
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    Also watched Late Night with the Devil, I thought it was pretty meh, but my son really dug it.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    since i'm sick i don't see anything better to do than binge sonic prime ngl
    +3
    So sorry hun. :sad: Hope you get better :mellow:
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I just came off a 3 day migraine from hell, here's hoping you feel better soon.\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finished watching it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you can get and watch Fallout, it was pretty good.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, havent downloaded new Vegas yet
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I own it, and finished it on Xbox already, is a classic.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think you will like Vegas better than the first few ones.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the only legitimaly owned PS3 game I have is metal gear solid 4
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and yea I will probably like new vegas more
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can get Fallout 3 also on PS3
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I have a unnoficial digital PS3 store downloaded (not gonna say the name cuz piracy is not allowed here
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also my download speed is quite slow
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also my download speed is quite slow