Hacking Wii system memory is full

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a couple of channel .wads today and when I did a reset I received a nice large "Wii System Memory is Full" message and it forced me to the data menu.

I managed to delete a couple of save files and recover enough blocks to make it back to the system menu. (super smash bros. brawl creates a large save file)

I need to free up some system memory and I'm looking for the best way to do that. I started out using WAD Uninstaller which seems to do a good job of removing the wads I install, not sure if any traces are still left behind?

From what I have read, it seems like the best method to remove ANYTHING such as .wads , channels, ios is to use AnyTitleDeleterDB which I have not tried yet. Before I do so, I just want to make sure I do the right thing.

I still have all of the default channels like:

Weather
News
Wii + Internet get connected (noticed it's like 1000+ blocks)
check mii out channel
Wii Shop Channel (don't ever plan on using)

I really have no use for these channels and I would like to remove everything I don't need and never plan on using in the future.

It also appears I can remove channels with the channel manager within the Wii menu but once again it seems like AnyTitleDeleterDB is the way to go and superior to all.

Should I ALWAYS use AnyTitleDeleterDB to remove everything I install and try out? I want to maximize my Wii system memory capacity.

Basically, what is safe to delete? What isn't? To my understanding, you should NEVER remove an IOS because those are overwritten anyways.

What should I uninstall? What should I leave?

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
i ALWAYS use the WAD that i installed, to Uninstall.

That is how I have been doing it but is that the best way to go? It seems like AnyTitleDeleterDB does the same thing but I don't know if the .WAD needs to placed in the WAD folder for removal?

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Digital1980 said:
thc42O said:
i ALWAYS use the WAD that i installed, to Uninstall.

That is how I have been doing it but is that the best way to go? It seems like AnyTitleDeleterDB does the same thing but I don't know if the .WAD needs to placed in the WAD folder for removal?

ATD works too but if u use a .wad to install naturally it knows what it put where ect and can easily be removed.
you do need the .wad to remove it

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use ATD (Red Squirrel edition), for the most part, as it's the quickest/easiest method and, yeah, you should never-ever remove IOS'...ever...at all...period.

I also dumped all of the Nintendo channels except for News/Photo/Mii (even though I'm 99% certain you can nuke them with no ill-effect).

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the english ssb? it takes like 300 blocks
use the japanes version if you need it pm me.
if you currently have the english and replace it with the official japanese one it'll save you like 140 blocks or more.

phpgeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Digital1980 said:

You can get rid of this to start with as it's taking up 1/2 the space! It's just a tutorial movie explaining how to connect your Wii to the internet. I deleted mine without so much as giving thought to watching the thing, lol!

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
phpgeek said:
Digital1980 said:

You can get rid of this to start with as it's taking up 1/2 the space! It's just a tutorial movie explaining how to connect your Wii to the internet. I deleted mine without so much as giving thought to watching the thing, lol!

What is it? I've never heard of this
unsure.gif

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine it is lousy if you know what you're doing--if not, it's a fantastic way to cut down on their costs/reduce customer frustration by heading off tons of calls to their tech support line.

I imagine, in the future, all the platform-holders will be filling our new consoles with all manner of tuts for the uninitiated.

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is my Wii semi bricked if it restarts every time I exit an APP or the HBC? Also when I power down it shows a red light instead of orange like it used to.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't you just copy/move/backup some unused save files or channels or games to an SD card or am I missing the point ?
Ever since update 4.0 I installed everything I have on the Wii ( Wiiware/VirtualConsole) and successfully moved everything on my 4GB SDhc leaving only a few channels on the Wii system memory....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious