Hacking Wii System Update required?

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii has been softmodded. After installing the homebrew and backup channels the original Mario Kart disc worked fine.

I went ahead and downgraded my Wii to 3.2u a few days ago and now when I insert the Mario Kart disc I get the message "Wii System Update Required"

Is this OK to do it will it render my softmods useless?

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
don't update. use starfall to block disk update checks.

Will preloader v0.28 do the same thing? I have not installed that or starfall yet. Is it safe to install them both?

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes preloader can do it too(Its much better) just put that hack(google it or use search) in your hacks.ini file
and NO you cant install both of them(or atleast it would be pointless but i still think u cant)

steam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if u do a 'wiibrickblocker' on all your iso's before burning, doesn't that prevent all disks from inquiring if u wanna upgrade?

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pebls123 said:
yes preloader can do it too(Its much better) just put that hack(google it or use search) in your hacks.ini file
and NO you cant install both of them(or atleast it would be pointless but i still think u cant)

Thanks, it worked! Should I enable anything else? Preloader is set to boot system menu and skip updates, that's about it.

Riley said:
You could just use the hacks.ini creator, it has that option.

So I could have just put that file on the root of my SD and not install preloader at all? I thought the hacks.ini file belongs with preloader, at least the initial install. That file is useless with installing preloader first, correct?

QUOTE(steam @ Mar 24 2009, 09:25 PM)
if u do a 'wiibrickblocker' on all your iso's before burning, doesn't that prevent all disks from inquiring if u wanna upgrade?

This was an orginal copy but I'm wandering the same thing myself.

thevilman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've just done the same thing you did, downgraded my wii to 3.2 and all of a sudden mario kart wii start asking for system update. Instead of prealoder I would recommend you do starfall.
It's pretty simple, and reliable. I've loved it, the wii menu is not changed, it skips updates on wii discs, gives you access to the recovery mode, allow you to play foreign games. it's just great, safe and quick
=D

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thevilman said:
I've just done the same thing you did, downgraded my wii to 3.2 and all of a sudden mario kart wii start asking for system update. Instead of prealoder I would recommend you do starfall.
It's pretty simple, and reliable. I've loved it, the wii menu is not changed, it skips updates on wii discs, gives you access to the recovery mode, allow you to play foreign games. it's just great, safe and quick
=D

Preloader is better and the region free that starfall claims to have it is not true (nor the preloader ones for that matter), and the menu doesn't change at all, so this let us know how little you know about preloader..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
If u do a 'wiibrickblocker' on all your iso's before burning, doesn't that prevent all disks from inquiring if u wanna upgrade?
......the original Mario Kart disc worked fine........

READ..!!
lecture.gif

and the hacks.ini creator only creates the file "hacks.ini" so you still needed to install preloader, it is just that the tool lets you choose wich hacks do you want to put in the .ini file, wich region do you have and wich version of preloader is installed, still the only ones you need is the "no copy" ones, "skip update" "recovery menu" and all you want just not the region free for Wii or GC disc cause they don't even work..!!
smile.gif

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can use this program called Wii Update Manager to check your ISOs to see if they include a 3.3 or 3.4 update. If it's anything less, it's safe to update. Some games have specific updates just for that game that don't break anything.

Or you can use the program to install a 3.2 update file or just flat out remove the update all together before you burn it.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you have CIOScorp installed it is not good to update even if it is the 3.1 update, cause it will kill any cIOS you had installed, so the best thing is still:

USE PRELOADER TO BLOCK UPDATES

cause the game is an original retail, boughted in a store for around $50 bucks, not a downloaded from a torrent or all the other shitty places that chop the iso in 100 parts so you stay like 2 weeks trying to get it, but in the end you find out is the other region, or definetly it doesn't work at all, or is a bad dump
rofl.gif

seriously people, downgrade to 3.2 and install preloader, if you are smart, if not then BBlock and/or use anything you like...!!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious