Wii U failing during boot sequence

MontyMole98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just got a parts/repair Wii U off eBay that I'm planning on, well, fixing and reselling. It came with a GamePad, which powers on fine, but it gives the "Unable to connect to the Wii U console" message when trying to boot into the Wii U Menu. If I try to turn the console on to pair it, however, the console doesn't output video through the AV port OR the HDMI port. I also have been trying to get it to boot into the UDPIH recovery menu (using a hacked switch) to dump the syslogs, but I only got the switch to even SAY that it succeeded once, even though the console's power light was still blue, not purple. The disk drive works fine, as far as I can tell, inserting games on boot will make it run (though it rejects them at any other time) and ejecting discs also works. That's one extra reason to say it didn't boot into the recovery menu when the switch thought it did - it would try to eject a disc if you pressed EJECT. Just for extra info, UDPIH gets frozen at stage 2, the last line that it prints is:

0x80 0x6 0x200 0x1 0x5390

Before giving error code 2. Any help is appreciated.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

MontyMole98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by MontyMole98,

MontyMole98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to solder a Raspberry pico, you can see the wiring here: https://github.com/jan-hofmeier/wii_u_modchip/blob/wiring-diagram/pico_defuse/README.md
Don't wire up 3V3 for now.

Get the latest release from here: https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/wii_u_modchip/releases and follow the instructions in the readme.

We should then see in the terminal what is happening and why it is crashing
Ok so I soldered it, the motherboard seems to be a different version, as there is no copper rim around it. How am I supposed to see the errors? Through the monitor.sh file? It won't run, just pulls up Git for a second and closes. Building it also fails. Sorry that I'm not able to figure this out now lol, any help would be appreciated.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, you don't need the script. The Pico should show up as a COM device, you can select in in putty. Select 115200 baud

MontyMole98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you don't need the script. The Pico should show up as a COM device, you can select in in putty. Select 115200 baud
Would you be fine sending me the build UF2 script for the Pi Pico? I can't seem to get it working.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need to press the button on the pico while connecting it to the PC, it will show up as a flash drive and you just copy the file there, it will disconnect and then it is ready

MontyMole98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to press the button on the pico while connecting it to the PC, it will show up as a flash drive and you just copy the file there, it will disconnect and then it is ready
I get that, but I can't compile the UF2 file from the source code. I was asking for the compiled UF2 file if you've got it.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Get a 2GB card, that will make installation easier as all the packages are sligltly above 1GB. 2GB is the maximum SDSC size.

MontyMole98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a 2GB card, that will make installation easier as all the packages are sligltly above 1GB. 2GB is the maximum SDSC size.
Just got the card, but with the new release on ShinyQuagsire23's page should I follow the new SD method that doesn't require flashing (from what I can see) or just continue?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes to have to flash the SD. And after flashing you have to format it with FAT32 and resize the partition

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d0-EuoBjkKI&pp=ygUqd2F0Y2htZW4gaSdtIG5vdCB0cmFwcGVkIGluIGhlcmUgd2l0...