• Likes 3

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you mean by "It took almost 3 years for the 3DS"
neimod technically has a hacked 3ds with the ability to alter saves.
The amount of stuff added in the last week in 3dbrew points towards hacks
To that end unless I see more proof I'm still not believing the Wii U has been hacked.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Maybe they just found a way to send video to the gamepad itself, and haven't actually hacked the wii u?
If that was the case, they'd just lose credibility and anger the community.
I wish they'd just announce exactly what it is that they've accomplished.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
jnuNe.jpg
Well, that was quick. Someone in the security department must've really screwed up - that's one of the quickest hacks in history, as if they didn't even try all that hard. That said, I wonder how much can be done with the system at this point.
quicker than vita? lol

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think they only broke the gamepad wireless encryption, still as great as when people figured out they could use the DS3/X360 controller/wiimote/kinect with their computer, lots of potential.

Reactions: oddMLan

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
quicker than vita? lol
The WiiU hack was relatively quicker than Vita. The Vita's unreleased root-mode UVL hack wasn't demonstrated until about 10 months after the Vita launch. Vhbl doesn't count, its a PSP mode sandbox hack.

If vhbl sets the standard for system hack virginity, then the 3ds was hacked on launch day. (r4 gold team-- w/ds flash card)

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did they say somewhere that they hacked it? Because what if they just posted a picture from a gamepad?

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The WiiU hack was relatively quicker than Vita. The Vita's unreleased root-mode UVL hack wasn't demonstrated until about 10 months after the Vita launch. Vhbl doesn't count, its a PSP mode sandbox hack.

If vhbl sets the standard for system hack virginity, then the 3ds was hacked on launch day. (r4 gold team-- w/ds flash card)

oh yea lol.
well no videos of 3ds mode or wii u mode running homebrew yet.
only emulator hacks ds mode/wii mode. running flashcards & homebrew.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
oh yea lol.
well no videos of 3ds mode or wii u mode running homebrew yet.
only emulator hacks ds mode/wii mode. running flashcards & homebrew.
Folks like Failoverflow and Team Twiizers don't need to post videos. They've proven themselves. Over and over.
Yifan-lu is the same way -- if he merely posted "I hacked the Vita" on Wololo, he would be believed. And deservedly so.

Reactions: 2ndApex

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Folks like Failoverflow and Team Twiizers don't need to post videos. They've proven themselves. Over and over.
Yifan-lu is the same way -- if he merely posted "I hacked the Vita" on Wololo, he would be believed. And deservedly so.

I know team twiizers, they were the reason for sudokuhax on dsi. I have sudokuhax on my dsi for dsi mode homebrew dev.
& I have seen ram hack pictures of 3ds, from this other guy neimod. & stuff on 3dsbrew.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/neimod/with/8078325837/#photo_8078325837

& well now this picture on wii u, & the pic on the 3ds is hacked page
http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-hack-we-hacked-it.339271/

hopefully there will soon something be public that we can do on our own 3ds/wii u consoles. I'm ready for wii u & 3ds homebrew development lol and for what will become of it.

CobraStr1ke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this person is on gamefaqs but they are very knowledgeable, frequent many forums and I am also waiting for them to point me to where this was stated. I would have laughed if it was one of the many trolls or immature peeps on gfaqs but I have seen them many times before. I will edit this post if they have a source but this is what they stated.

*** Update ---> I was told to look at Richiswesome's post .....http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=45572188

If true I personally hope this doesnt lead to the games being ripped and loaded. I want the Wii U to stay free of iso loading etc for a while before that stuff happens. Playing Zelda a Link to the Past or any other VC games you have purchased off the gamepad, cool, but other than that I dunno \ 0 /
I know theres plenty of other people who feel like this too as weird as it may sound to some of you...All I know is I like my 2d HD games and regardless Ill support them for those alone, as well as a new Zelda and 3 dimensional Mario whenever those come out regardless of what goes down lol.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
What logic is there to say "<insert device> was hacked in 1 year, now way <other device> can't be hacked in only 2 months because it has better security"?

Anyway, I think Marcan is part of the Failoverflow team, he was one of the big names in wii hacking. (One of the creators of HBC right?)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Nintendo say they had a plan already prepared where they could change like some parts of the Wii U (or change something, can't recall what) just in case the Wii U ever did get hacked?

Then as a hacker, I'd patch that part of the OS first, so that shit couldn't happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4