Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will it be possible with an IOSU exploit to install something (like a custom app/homebrew loader) that survives a reboot?
I doubt anything would survive a reboot since it still depends on the browser exploit, but I no think it's something to worry about, if the exploit is stable you'll only need to always start the browser from quick start menu in the gamepad before even the wii U starts. But we'll see what surprises Hykem has for us ^^

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Will it be possible with an IOSU exploit to install something (like a custom app/homebrew loader) that survives a reboot?
As long as we're able to patch title management in someway we should be able to. I already have a few games I packaged up with some of the retail info instead of debug (debug common key changed to retail, ticket parts, that kind of stuff) but since I can't sign tickets I'm still waiting to find out. Lol

Might still need to run the IOSU exploit every time, similar to 3DS emunand or something.

This isn't a guarantee or anything tho.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I doubt anything would survive a reboot since it still depends on the browser exploit, but I no think it's something to worry about, if the exploit is stable you'll only need to always start the browser from quick start menu in the gamepad before even the wii U starts. But we'll see what surprises Hykem has for us ^^
That's not very smart to do since having Quick Menu enabled also installs updates automatically.

Reactions: TheNerdWIzard

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great work Hykem!
Cant wait to use all tools on the latest Wii U Firmware.

I know its not really nice to ask you this, because you already spend a lot of time for Wii U, but could you also use your skills for the PS4? Unfortunately CTurt sopped any further PS4 research, so it would be awesome, if you could continue his work.

Cheers Chris

Swinky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work Hykem!
Cant wait to use all tools on the latest Wii U Firmware.

I know its not really nice to ask you this, because you already spend a lot of time for Wii U, but could you also use your skills for the PS4? Unfortunately CTurt sopped any further PS4 research, so it would be awesome, if you could continue his work.

Cheers Chris

No. Just no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DragonMals
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    DragonMals tempBOT: DragonMals has joined the room.