Hardware Wii U hardware revisions

contezero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I noticed a few cosmetic differencies on different WiiUs. The back connectors on the earliest units are yellow for the AC adapter, red for the sensor bar and black for the multiAV, same colors on the Wii. On latest units all connectors are black. The earliest units, with colored connectors, on the label in the bottom of the unit have "(C) 2012 Nintendo", the latest units have (C) 2012 Nintendo Co. Ltd. the other parts of the label are also different, different font, different address of Nintendo of Europe and many other details (on the label). The model is identical for all units I saw: WUP-101(3) and all where manfactured in China but some are LTB2-WUP-S-EUR-C0 while the later are LTB2-WUP-S-EUR-C2. Probably the most important difference is also the less noticeable: earliest units donot have any anti-tampering label; if you are careful you can remove the covers of the screws and put them back because they are made of black plastic. On the latest models those covers are made of transparent plastic printed in black. If you try to remove them you will peel the black ink revealing the manumission.

Anyone knows if there is a list of all the hardware revisions of WiiU?

essence25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this thread is old but will add this, on newer models 2016 with Mario Kart bundle, there is a difference in the way the OS loads with more Please Wait screens, even with no games installed. For example when exiting from "setup" back to the dashboard the system displays "please wait" for about 7-8 seconds where the older one does not. Even after runing Haxchi id does a brief Please Wait where the older unit does not.
It also displays please wait at cold boot and other locations where the old one does not. There are also different build versions shown of same firmware (5.5.5U) due to the Mario Kart game being bundled (title id in fw?).
So technically the newer model is slower at loading due to the please wait delays. I wonder what it checks since that please wait is an indication of verifying something before loading dash/desktop after every operation.

88861951-EAD3-4988-9593-06B5773E0906.jpeg

Old model:

CB839A92-FC9D-4335-90D0-3859B8504952.jpeg

Last edited by essence25,
Reactions: contezero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care