Frege

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello people,

I'm having a little bit of desperation because I think I softbricked my Wii U?

I can turn it on and it can load environmentloader, Tiramisu and Aroma, and everything runs alright up until I have to select the Mii User, after which the console gets locked into the background with the things floating around, but never comes to load the menu.

Is there any solution to this? Did I lock my console?

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello people,

I'm having a little bit of desperation because I think I softbricked my Wii U?

I can turn it on and it can load environmentloader, Tiramisu and Aroma, and everything runs alright up until I have to select the Mii User, after which the console gets locked into the background with the things floating around, but never comes to load the menu.

Is there any solution to this? Did I lock my console?
More information would be nice......What were you doing with the console before the problem occurred ?

Frege

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Just before this happened I was running a GCN game because I was testing some nincfg.bin configurations for the memory. I turned off the console, took the SD to the PC and deleted the "keys.bin", "nincfg.bin". Maybe it had to do with "keys.bin"? but I put it back where it was (the root of the SD) and the same problem keeps happening. The only other thing I was moving around in the SD was the nintendont files (trying different builds). So this was either because I unplugged the Wii U in a bad moment (in the middle of a game?) or because I turned the system on without that file?

As explained before, I can turn on my console and open the EL, Aroma and Tiramisu, but when I select a user in the first menu, it loops indefinitely on the loading screen and when I turn off the gamepad the console freezes. Tried the same without the SD with the same result (besides the warning that environment loader didn't boot because there's no SD).

Here's how it looks like:

EDIT: Is there a way to return to the default action of Tiramisu/Aroma so I can run directly the vWii or the Homebrew Channel and run the nanddump? Maybe there's a way to save the console, considering there's people that have been able to save bricked consoles. Should I buy a Raspberry Pico? Like, maybe I can coldboot it with the Wii U Recovery Menu, but then there's the possibility it acomplishes nothing and it keeps looping forever.

Last edited by Frege,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hold X while booting. When at the Environment Loader scroll to Tiramisu, hold START and press A. This should bring you to Tiramisus boot selector. Start Homebrew Launcher from there. Then start Wii U FTP server. Use it to download storage_slc:/sys/logs. Lastly zip the downloaded directory and upload it so we can have a look.

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: xoINARIox

Frege

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hold X while booting. When at the Environment Loader scroll to Tiramisu, hold START and press A. This should bring you to Tiramisus boot selector. Start Homebrew Launcher from there. Then start Wii U FTP server. Use it to download storage_slc:/sys/logs. Lastly zip the downloaded directory and upload it so we can have a look.
Hey, this worked! Thank you very much!
(Sorry for the late answer, I had a busy week and I left my whole Wii U ordeal for later)

alhamad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait what do you mean I launched Wii U for server and it just shows me listing and many numbers and I clicked everything but it’s just the same screen and how do I download the files where and I didnt understand the lastly zip the downloaded directory and upload it like wdym by that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and from that, crystal BLUE meth, jesse PINKman, walter WHITE
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I haven't even got him a new HD yet, lol, have to run tomorrow
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4.89evilnat iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4.9 evilnat out now, but Yea same basically
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats evilnat?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also i feel like coming back to roblox
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bad guy that got arrested for abusing bug extermination
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Custom firmware for ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i dont think i have evilnat, i only have ps3hen, multiman and webman
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it would be ps3HEN, those others are apps, kinda
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I forget what I had to do to get a 2tb HD to work on ps3, but only use 1.5tb. I think I used WD format tool, been so long, you know kennyboy?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Put your duck in the slit and press the insert button
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that worked, thanks!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, wut the heck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just format it to ntfs or fat32 I don't remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh when you put it in the ps3, it asks to format I thought. I just look it up when I get the new hd.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sorry but i cant join the conversation despite having a ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Run it in safe mode
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never knew linksys was owned under foxconn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Evilnat is custom firmware for PS3, ofc.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I used to have Rebug on there, but I didn't like how they weren't pushing a lot of updates.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why update something a small percent cares about
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm mostly upgrading his hd, he has a 120gb in it now, lol, gonna give him a 2tb (1.5tb), not sure if he has it cfw or not, i haven't even turned it on yet. Ill mess w it tomorrow, I'm busy killing clowns right now.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is he paying you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh, I told him not worried bout it, but he paying for the new HD. He will prob buy me a case ole beer, or a sack for doing it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nuh, I told him not worried bout it, but he paying for the new HD. He will prob buy me a case...