Homebrew Wii U modding questions

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know why it didn't post my question so I'll just reply to myself with the details.

Alright. So I've been on 5.5.1 and haven't really followed Wii U modding since I have been unable to but since there's a kernel exploit I really want to look into it. I'm familiar with 3DS modding and somewhat familiar with Wii modding.

The Wii U modding scene seems sort of confusing to me and I would like some clarification.
Ok so the Wii U modding is it closer to Wii or 3DS modding?

I'm guessing that the .elf files are similar to .3dsx with the 3DS homebrew loader as they run in userland mode, is that correct?

Also launching the homebrew menu to run the .elf files is like browserhax as it requires going to the interent to run the exploit and must be done every time you want to run a homebrew app? Is there some type of secondary exploit available or will there ever be one?

What is WUP Installer? Is it like installiing WADs on the Wii where homebrew and VC games show up on the home menu or is it just for updating? If not, when will we see something like that or possibly CFW/emuNAND?

What all can I do with modding. I understand Loadiine to run backups, Gecko for cheat codes (Built into Loadiine??), Saviine for save injection and mods (maybe??). Anything else cool?

If I went into modding my Wii U is it traceable and deletable like homebrew menu? Also will this hurt my Wii U in anyway? (I understand I'll need to block updates and won't have access to the eshop)

Any other info I need to know about going about this (I did read the definitive guide but it was very hard to understand since I'm just now jumping into the mod scene)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...