Homebrew Wii U turns off after playing games for about an hour in WiiSXR 2.3

L0w

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am having this strange thing, my Wii u turns off automatically after I have played a(ny) game for about an hour.
I am using WiiSXR 2.3 Beta and it is installed as a channel on the NAND, just like this video:
It doesn't matter which game I play, the Wii U acts the same for every game. All the games are .iso and .cue files.
Is anyone familiair with the same problem?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

I am having this strange thing, my Wii u turns off automatically after I have played a(ny) game for about an hour.
I am using WiiSXR 2.3 Beta and it is installed as a channel on the NAND, just like this video:
It doesn't matter which game I play, the Wii U acts the same for every game. All the games are .iso and .cue files.
Is anyone familiair with the same problem?

Maybe the Wii U is getting hot ?
Since WiiSXR is an VC Inject and uses the "full Speed" of the Wii U´s CPU´s maybe the Console is overheating ?
Did you have checked the Fan is running ?

L0w

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good morning Alexander, thank you for your answer.
I can play any Wii U game for many hours without any problems (the console won't turn off).
For the Playstation games that I play I don't even run the sign_c2w_patcher, as the games run great without it.
Could it still be a fan problem in this case?
I will check it out though :-)

Reactions: Alexander1970

L0w

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got you.

You need to turn off the save energy settings in the wii u settings.

This happens because the wii u thinks it doesn’t get any controller inputs and turns off after exactly 1 hour
Thank you for your answer prince_h.
That sounds odd, but I think you might be right.
Kind of strange, as I am using the controller all the time, or does this have to do with the emulator hack?

Reactions: Alexander1970

L0w

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it has to do specifically with how the wii u gamepad is coded as a controller.

Normal wii controllers for example won’t have this problem, since the wii u recognizes them as an active input

Thank you prince_h, I will try it and I think you have given me the solution I was looking for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYaFp_WnSP8