Hacking Wii-U's Wii mode already hacked

elmis tejada

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello I only sign up so I can post this started to test some emulator and they work confirme working Snes9X GX version 4.3.2 vbagx 2.2.7 haven't tested sega genesis one

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Why don't you test what BC dose? (it is start able)
Wish I had a Wii U to perform that test on but since the Disk Channel doesn't have a gamecube disk image so I'd guess that even if you put a GC disk in using an adapter so it'd physically accept it the system menu wouldn't do anything with it. Maybe a good way to test it would be using the gamecube homebrew launcher in WiiXplorer which should try to call the BC.

Even then, what traditional BC's do is call boot2 which in turn calls the MIOS so since vWii doesn't actually have a boot2, there's no telling what this will actually do.

Reactions: ozl

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried WiiXplorer through Smash Stack and was able to boot it. Unfortunately, nothing was showing up in my SD card even though the stuff on it can be seen when card is in my computer... Anyone know what is going on?

On a side note, I tried LetterBomb and it somewhat works kinda. I went to the site for it and used the Mac address from my Wii U. The Letter icon does indeed show up in message board on the Wii side, but when you click it it only shows question marks where a message would be.

Reactions: ozl

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tried WiiXplorer through Smash Stack and was able to boot it. Unfortunately, nothing was showing up in my SD card even though the stuff on it can be seen when card is in my computer... Anyone know what is going on?

On a side note, I tried LetterBomb and it somewhat works kinda. I went to the site for it and used the Mac address from my Wii U. The Letter icon does indeed show up in message board on the Wii side, but when you click it it only shows question marks where a message would be.
It might be possible that vWii is actually seeing a different MAC address than Wii U mode. You should check the vWii MAC address with homebrew just to make sure it's the same.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be possible that vWii is actually seeing a different MAC address than Wii U mode. You should check the vWii MAC address with homebrew just to make sure it's the same.

How would I check/find vWii MAC address? Also, how do I get SD content to show up in WiiXplorer? SD content shows up when in my computer...

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
What I have found to work was to run MMM from the exploit, then change the current IOS to like IOS58, then your SD card and your USB drives will be usable for running other homebrew.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I have found to work was to run MMM from the exploit, then change the current IOS to like IOS58, then your SD card and your USB drives will be usable for running other homebrew.

I tried booting MMM from exploit, but MMM file was .dol format instead of .elf. Can I convert it to .elf if possible? Please help and thanks :)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

are you telling me that all homebrew and usb loaders will work on the wiiu??!! if thats true than my wii is going and i'll be getting a wiiu next week! :blink:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tried booting MMM from exploit, but MMM file was .dol format instead of .elf. Can I convert it to .elf if possible? Please help and thanks :)
Yes.
Use this tool: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Doltool

I've seen this question asked before and it's surprising no one remembers this tool. For a while when HBC released an update that made old ELF files incompatible, people had to use this tool to convert them to DOL until all their homebrew updated. That's the only reason I know about it though.
I wasn't sure if it could convert them back to ELF though, but I checked and it does.

are you telling me that all homebrew and usb loaders will work on the wiiu??!! if thats true than my wii is going and i'll be getting a wiiu next week! :blink:
Homebrew yes. USB loaders, probably soon. Right now there is no way to install a cIOS but since crediar has already found a working IOS exploit, it's likely WAD installing and cIOSes will not be too far behind.
However, it might take a while since apparently vWii IOSes are coded to block installing system menu updates and IOSes (taken from the Wii Mode keys thread).

Right now you can run homebrew using SmashStack, and run out of region games with Gecko OS.
Emulators work, but you can't install system titles, so no HBC. That means every time you want to run or switch homebrew you have to start SSBB in order to use SmashStack.
Not a very convenient way to run homebrew, so I probably won't bother with it at all and I'll just use my Wii for that. Plus, I don't have SSBB.

A HBC update will probably be released as soon as Wii U is out in all regions since there is already an IOS exploit found by crediar, so when I get my Wii U on Nov 30 it'll probably be possible to install HBC shortly after.

I hope USB loaders will work on Wii U soon so I don't have to keep my Wii connected all the time. I might even sell it to GameStop. However I don't know if they'd accept it when it's missing the stickers covering the screws. I still have them though, they're a bit mangled but GameStop won't check them that thoroughly.

No guarantees as to how soon USB loaders might work, I'm guessing IOS installation will be possible soon, but I might be wrong.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Not at all!!! Backup loaders and things that require cIOS or AHBPROT to be disabled are still not usable at this point. There is a chance that they may never be usable.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
Use this tool: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Doltool

I've seen this question asked before and it's surprising no one remembers this tool. For a while when HBC released an update that made old ELF files incompatible, people had to use this tool to convert them to DOL until all their homebrew updated. That's the only reason I know about it though.
I wasn't sure if it could convert them back to ELF though, but I checked and it does.

How do I change the vWii OS though so it recognizes my SD data? Sorry, am noob to this stuff. Also, would I have to change vWii OS every time I boot Smash Stack exploit?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Smash Stack and let it autoboot MMM. Every time I try loading something from Smash, it said no SD found (Card is in system) and no USB Gecko or something not found either. Had to unplug system to turn off. Anyone know what I can do?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You need to change the currently loaded IOS while in MMM before trying to access the SD card or USB device.
This seems weird though. Why does it require IOS58? Homebrew seemed to work fine on Wii no matter what IOS HBC was using. The USB 2.0 support of IOS58 shouldn't matter at all when the homebrew is being ran from the SD card.
Also, the video of SmashStack on Wii U shows the guy running WiiXplorer directly from Smash Stack then proceeding to run other homebrew without changing IOS, and it works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64