PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

Just wanted to let people know whats happening.
The hosting company have taken down the site and all of the subsites on the hosting package due to a few hacking attempts and also due to high resource usage on the site. They have deleted all the files im told even before they were fully backed up. I have all the code , just the newest boxart is missing but can be recovered quite easily.

We will be working to find another good hosting server with unlimited bandwidth to get the site back up and running asap though the timing couldnt have been worse as im bogged down in personal projects for the next few days and getting time to do this will be stretched.

If anyone knows a good hosting site, preferably with unlimited or very large bandwidth allowances (the site used 1200 gigs of data transfer in December) please let me know. The actual space required isnt too big but the transfer usage is very big.

Thanks guys and sorry for any trouble caused. Im sure the good guys in www.wiitdb.com will gladly take the traffic for now.

Yod4z

Trophies
XP
Country
France
why don't combine forces? why don't go with WIITDB? the host of WiiTDB accepte lots of Giga a month and cost a lot.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They have enough bills as it is under normal cisrumstances for data transfer and ive seen them go down a few times recently so i think having 2 seperate sites independant of each other mioght lessen to load.
I was delighted to see them set up to be honest as the data transfer i was getting was massive and it eased off the site a bit when they started it up.

I dont really want to leave them in a situation where they might get overrun with data transfer on their own but yes the transfer amount is pretty huge.

I do work for an ISP and i have loads of servers i could throw something together on , but im not sure my boss would approve of me using that much bandwidth for personal use either.

I might have a word with him and see if i can organise something - thanks for the input anyway guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabio_Lanzoni