Hacking WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Just grab the pieces you want like covers from the MasterMod pack.

Things like this are easy said - but require much time to figure out, for example, you need the covers with the shrunken spine 4 Wiiflow. And what about the names of the covers? If you have tons of games you need to figure out how the "Fuzzy Rename Tool" works to rename all your games & Covers properly. Than the correct names of the CD based games, on one system they have to have the .bin ending and on the other system it's the .cue at the end - and that's nowhere written or hinted at! ... on and on and on and... / No front @GreyWolf :)

Yo Rez9000,

I know Wiiflow Masterthing looks flashy and it sounds dope to have everything in one (console) box, but honestly.. i would just use the Wii for Wii and GC games. That's my view based on my experience. And here's why:

F*** the Controller-Stuff, call me old spirited - but it gets on my nerves if i want to play an old NES game and i have to hassle myself around with a controller attached to a frickin Wiimote and a Remote for the TV on top of this. Oh yeah, and don't forget the battery consuming B*tch this Wiimote is! If i play a GC game with a wired GC-Controller, the first thing i do after i'm inside the loader, is to disconect one battery out of the Wiimote so it dosen't suck on the energy.

I don't want to shoot down your boat, but there are alot more things to consider. My suggestion, like i said, use it for Wii & GC games.

Reactions: Rez9000

Rez9000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know Wiiflow Masterthing looks flashy and it sounds dope to have everything in one (console) box, but honestly.. i would just use the Wii for Wii and GC games. That's my view based on my experience. And here's why:

F*** the Controller-Stuff, call me old spirited - but it gets on my nerves if i want to play an old NES game and i have to hassle myself around with a controller attached to a frickin Wiimote and a Remote for the TV on top of this. Oh yeah, and don't forget the battery consuming B*tch this Wiimote is! If i play a GC game with a wired GC-Controller, the first thing i do after i'm inside the loader, is to disconect one battery out of the Wiimote so it dosen't suck on the energy.

I don't want to shoot down your boat, but there are alot more things to consider. My suggestion, like i said, use it for Wii & GC games.

Hey Mod - sorry for the late reply: been a busy week at work!

There's one consideration that motivates me to go with the everything-on-the-Wii approach: I travel a lot for my job and I take my Retropie with me whenever I have an overnight stay somewhere away from home. Having the ability to play Wii and GC games as well as my old retro games too is something I'd like to be able to do. Of course, the Retropie is a lot smaller, but I can still fit the Wii into the camera bag I use to carry my electronics around with me and the weight increase isn't a problem.

In the long-run, my plan is to set up an emulator machine using a more powerful small form-factor PC, but that's a long term project and I'd be looking to put a PS2 emulator on that one.

Re this project, I've got a fair way in, but I've had to backtrack a little. You're right - given a little effort it's certainly doable. :)

Last edited by Rez9000,
Reactions: modbrain

Rez9000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK. Have got a few things running, but now have an issue.

I'm using WiiFlow Lite and Nintendont.

To exit a GC game, there's a button combo I can press on my GC controller (R + Z + B + D-Pad DOwn) to exit a game. However, what that does is reset the Wii. Is there something I can do so that when I use the button combo, it exits back to Wiiflow?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. Have got a few things running, but now have an issue.

I'm using WiiFlow Lite and Nintendont.

To exit a GC game, there's a button combo I can press on my GC controller (R + Z + B + D-Pad DOwn) to exit a game. However, what that does is reset the Wii. Is there something I can do so that when I use the button combo, it exits back to Wiiflow?

Make sure you have the WiiFlow forwarder and hidden channel installed and have the loader set to return to it.

Reactions: Rez9000

Rez9000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, a couple of new questions:

Have installed Genesis Plus GX. Added a couple of test ROMs (one Master System and one Megadrive) and they load fine.

So the questions are these:

I've kept my USB drive as just a bog-standard drive. I've not set up an emuNAND on it. When I added the Sega ROMs to the USB, they don't appear on my coverflow, but do if I put them on the SD card. Is it a requirement for there to be an emuNAND on the USB and for the Genesis Plus GX plugin to be on that drive for Wiiflow to load titles to the coverflow from the USB? I do know that within the emulator itself, I can navigate to the ROMs on the USB, but that defeats the purpose of having them in a coverflow and would require me to either use the emulator via HBC or load a different ROM and exit to the emulator's load screen and then load the ROM I want, which is a hell of a lot of faff.

Which leads to the the second question: When I play a Sega ROM using Genesis Plus GS, I can load it from the coverflow, but when I exit the game, it returns to the Genesis Plus GX emulator, rather than Wiiflow. Is it possible to return to Wiiflow straight from a ROM or is returning to the Genesis Plus GX loader screen set in stone?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I changed the romdir argument in the ini files to "usb:/Sega/Master System" (and Megadrive, etc.) but this didn't seem to do anything.

Last edited by Rez9000,

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I think you have to search inside the Wiiflow Settings and change the direction Wiiflow is searching those roms. From SD change to USB1 (i think 1)...

PS: I have a big SD card (250gb) where everything is on there - so i don't need an extra USB attached to the machine. (But i have a small USB-Thumb in Port 1 - if you don't have that the WFlow loader loads slow when first starting up)

If you are in Wiiflow - and you play a rom - you can go back direct to Wiiflow - i think you can find this Option also somewhere in the MAIN Option Settings. Something like: Return to - Loader/Wiiflow

Last edited by modbrain,

Rez9000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think you have to search inside the Wiiflow Settings and change the direction Wiiflow is searching those roms. From SD change to USB1 (i think 1)...

PS: I have a big SD card (250gb) where everything is on there - so i don't need an extra USB attached to the machine. (But i have a small USB-Thumb in Port 1 - if you don't have that the WFlow loader loads slow when first starting up)

If you are in Wiiflow - and you play a rom - you can go back direct to Wiiflow - i think you can find this Option also somewhere in the MAIN Option Settings. Something like: Return to - Loader/Wiiflow

Thanks, ModBrain - I was under the impression that overly large SDs don't work. Is this not correct?

Will check out options, see what I can find.

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Help me please when i configure buttons on Marvel vs Capcom csp2 , when i éxit the configuration buttons don't save
I can't remember the EXACT way to do it, but it should be possible. You need to try some more in the settings inside of the game - retroarch.

I changed the aspect ratio from a stretched 16:9 to 4:3 and it kept it for every CPS1/CPS2 game - i remember it was a process to do, it didn't work at first - try one option, if that didn't work try an other. But it did work.

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
"FBA CPS1" coverfolder="retroarch"-----Path:\\fba_alpha/roms/CPS1-----***Capcom Play System 1 Arcade***
"FBA CPS2" coverfolder="retroarch".......Path:\\fba_alpha/roms/CPS2.....***Capcom Play System 2 Arcade***
"FBA Neo" coverfolder="retroarch"-----Path:\\fba_alpha/roms/NEO----***Neo Geo***
"FBA PGM" coverfolder="retroarch".......Path:\\fba_alpha/roms/pgm......***PolyGame Master Arcade***
"FBA Psikyo" coverfolder="retroarch"-------Path:\\fba_alpha/roms/psikyo-----***Psikyo Arcade***

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coverart Folder Names for WiiFlow Masterpiece Pack v4.2.3 (with rom paths)\par
[Plugin] [Folder Name] [Rom Path] [System ID]
***=Active ##=Inactive
"MSX" coverfolder="bluemsx-wii"-----Path:\\MSX/Games----***Microsoft MSX Computer***
"Tandy CoCo"coverfolder="coco"...........Path:\\roms/coco.....***Tandy Color Computer***
"DeSmuMe" coverfolder="ds"----------Path:\\ds/roms------***Nintendo DS***
"DOSBox" coverfolder="dosbox-wii".........Path:\\dosbox/.......***Windows Dos Games***
"Dragon" coverfolder="dragon"-------Path:\\roms/dragon-----***Dragon 32/64 Computer***
"FB Alpha" coverfolder="retroarch"......Path:\\fba_alpha/roms ***
"FBA CPS1" coverfolder="retroarch"-----Path:\\fba_alpha/roms/CPS1-----***Capcom Play System 1 Arcade***
"FBA CPS2" coverfolder="retroarch".......Path:\\fba_alpha/roms/CPS2.....***Capcom Play System 2 Arcade***
"FBA Neo" coverfolder="retroarch"-----Path:\\fba_alpha/roms/NEO----***Neo Geo***
"FBA PGM" coverfolder="retroarch".......Path:\\fba_alpha/roms/pgm......***PolyGame Master Arcade***
"FBA Psikyo" coverfolder="retroarch"-------Path:\\fba_alpha/roms/psikyo-----***Psikyo Arcade***
"FBZX" coverfolder="fbzx-wii".............Path:\\fbzx-wii/snapshots......***ZX Spectrum***
"FBZX"(tapes)coverfolder="fbzx-wii"-------Path:\\fbzx-wii/tapes-------***ZX Spectrum(Tapes)***
"FCEUltraGX" coverfolder="fceugx"............Path:\\fceugx/roms.......***Famicom/NES***
"FCEUMM" coverfolder="retroarch"-------Path:\\fceugx/roms------##Famicom/NES##
"Famicom Disk System" coverfolder="fds"...........Path:\\fceugx/fds.......***Famicom Disk System***
"C64" coverfolder="frodo"------Path:\\frodo/images------***Commodor 64***
"Creativision" coverfolder="creativision".........Path:\\roms/funny......***Creativision***
"Gambatte" coverfolder="retroarch"-----Path:\\vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE-----##Gameboy Advance##
"Gambatte GB" coverfolder="retroarch".......Path:\\vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE/GB.....##Gameboy##
"Gambatte GBC" coverfolder="retroarch"-----Path:\\vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE/GBC----##Gameboy Color##
"GenPlusGX-Retro"coverfolder="retroarch"............Path:\\genplus/roms ***
"Sega CD-Retro" coverfolder="retroarch"-------Path:\\genplus/roms/CD------##Sega CD##
"Game Gear-Retro" coverfolder="retroarch".......Path:\\genplus/roms/GG......##Sega Gamegear##
"Sega Genesis-Retro" coverfolder="retroarch"-----Path:\\genplus/roms/MD-----##Sega Genesis/Megadrive##
"Sega MasterSystem-Retro" coverfolder="retroarch".....Path:\\genplus/roms/MS....##Sega Mastersystem##
"SG 1000-Retro" coverfolder="retroarch"------Path:\\genplus/roms/SG------##Sega SG1000##
"GenPlusGX" coverfolder="genplusgx"...........Path:\\genplus/roms***
"Sega CD"coverfolder="genplusgx"-------Path:\\genplus/roms/CD-----***Sega CD/32x***
"Game Gear"coverfolder="genplusgx"........Path:\\genplus/roms/GG------***Sega Game Gear***
"Sega Genesis"coverfolder="genplusgx"-----Path:\\genplus/roms/MD-----***Sega Genesis/Megadrive***
"Sega MasterSystem"coverfolder="genplusgx".......Path:\\genplus/roms/MS......***Sega Mastersystem***
"SG 1000" coverfolder="genplusgx"-------Path:\\genplus/roms/SG------***Sega SG1000***
"Grim"coverfolder="RESIDUALVM".............Path:\\WiiFlow/Plugins......***Grim Fandango***
"Hatari"coverfolder="hatari"----------Path:\\hatari/fd---------***Atari ST***
"JzintvWii"coverfolder="jzintvwii"..........Path:\\JzintvWii/roms.........***Intellevision***
"MAME"coverfolder="mame"----------Path:\\mame/roms--------***MAME Arcade***
"WiiMednafen NGP" coverfolder="retroarch"...........Path:\\wiimednafen/roms/NGP......##Neo Geo Pocket##
"Mednafen PCE"coverfolder="retroarch"---------Path:\\wiimednafen/roms-----##PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16##
"Mednafen VB"coverfolder="retroarch"...........Path:\\wiimednafen/roms/VB.....##Virtual Boy##
"Mednafen Wonderswan" coverfolder="retroarch"-----Path:\\wiimednafen/roms/WS----##Wonderswan##
"MPlayerCE" coverfolder="mplayerce"...............Path:\\movies/........***AVI/MP4 Movies***
"WiiFlow Music"coverfolder="music"-----------Path:\\wiiflow/music-----***Wiiflow Background Music***
"Neo-Geo CD"coverfolder="neocd"...........Path:\\NeoCD/.....***Neo Geo CD***
"Nestopia" coverfolder="retroarch"----------------Path:\\fceugx/roms------##Famicom/NES##
"Not64"coverfolder="wii64"............Path:\\wii64/roms..........***Nintendo 64***
"Nxengine"coverfolder="retroarch"---------Path:\\nxengine-cave-story
"O2EM"coverfolder="o2em"............Path:\\roms/romsodd.......***Magnavox Odyssey2***
"OpenBOR"coverfolder="OpenBOR----------Path:\\apps/OpenBOR----***Beats of Rage***
"PrBoom" coverfolder="retroarch"...............Path:\\prboom/roms.......***Doom***
"PC88"coverfolder="quasi88"--------Path:\\quasi88/disk------***NEC PC8801***
"Quicknes"coverfolder="retroarch".........Path:\\fceugx/roms......##Famicom/NES##
"ScummVM"coverfolder="scummvm"--------Path:\\scummvm.ini
"Snes9X-Next"coverfolder="retroarch".........Path:\\snes9xgx/roms......##Super Nintendo##
"SNES9xGX" coverfolder="snes9xgx"-------Path:\\snes9xgx/roms-----***Super Nintendo***
"Trs80"coverfolder="trs80"..........Path:\\roms/trs80/disks......***Tandy Trs80***
"tyrquake" coverfolder="Quake"--------------Path:\\Quake/-----***Quake***
"UAE Amiga"coverfolder="uae-wii"..........Path:\\uae/floppies/..........***UAE Amiga***
"VBA-Next"coverfolder="retroarch"-------Path:\\vbagx/roms/GBA----------##Gameboy Advance##
"VbaGX"coverfolder="vbagx"..............Path:\\vbagx/roms ***
"VbaGX GB"coverfolder="vbagx"-------Path:\\vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE/GB------***Gameboy***
"VbaGX GBA"coverfolder="vbagx"........Path:\\vbagx/roms/GBA......***Gameboy Advance***
"VbaGX GBC"coverfolder="vbagx"------Path:\\vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE/GBC------***Gameboy Color***
"Vectrex"coverfolder="vec".............Path:\\vec/........***Vectrex***
"VG5000"coverfolder="vg5000"------Path:\\apps/dcvg5k/software--------***Phillips VG5000***
"Virtual Jaguar"coverfolder="jaguar".............Path:\\apps/jaguar/ROMs/......***Atari Jaguar***
"Wii64"coverfolder="wii64"-----------Path:\\wii64/roms----------***Nintendo 64***
"Wii2600"coverfolder="wii2600".............Path:\\wii2600/roms...........***Atari 2600***
"Atari5200"coverfolder="5200"------------Path:\\wiixl/software/------***Atari 5200***
"Atari 7800"coverfolder="wii7800"...........Path:\\wii7800/roms.....***Atari 7800***
"Apple II"coverfolder="wiiapple"----------------Path:\\wiiapple/-------***Apple 2 computer***
"Colecovision"coverfolder="wiicolem"..........Path:\\wiicolem/roms.......***Colecovision***
"WiiMednafen"coverfolder="wiimednafen"--------------Path:\\wiimednafen/roms ***
"WiiMednafen GB"coverfolder="wiimednafen"...........Path:\\vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE/GB.......##Gameboy##
"WiiMednafen GBA"coverfolder="wiimednafen"--------Path:\\vbagx/roms/GBA-----##Gameboy Advance##
"WiiMednafen GBC"coverfolder="wiimednafen".........Path:\\vbagx/roms/GAMBATTE/GBC......##Gameboy Color##
"WiiMednafen GG"coverfolder="wiimednafen"---------Path:\\genplus/roms/GG----##Sega Gamegear##
"WiiMednafen Lynx" coverfolder="wiimednafen".......Path:\\wiimednafen/roms/Lynx.......***Atari Lynx***
"WiiMednafen MD"coverfolder="wiimednafen"--------Path:\\genplus/roms/MD-----##Sega Megadrive##
"WiiMednafen SMS"coverfolder="wiimednafen"........Path:\\genplus/roms/MS.....##Sega Mastersystem##
"WiiMednafen NES"coverfolder="wiimednafen"-------Path:\\fceugx/roms-----##Famicom/NES##
"WiiMednafen NGP"coverfolder=wiimednafen......Path:\\wiimednafen/roms/NGP......***Neo Geo Pocket***
"PCECD"coverfolder="wiimednafen"------Path:\\wiimednafen/roms/TD-----***Turbo Duo***
"PCFX"coverfolder="wiimednafen"........Path:\\wiimednafen/roms/PCFX.........***NEC-PCFX***
"WiiMednafen SGFX"coverfolder="wiimednafen"----Path:\\wiimednafen/roms/SGFX----***Turbo Grafx/PC Engine***
"WiiMednafen VB"coverfolder="wiimednafen".....Path:\\wiimednafen/roms/VB....***Nintendo Virtual Boy***
"WiiMednafen WS"coverfolder="wiimednafen"---Path:\\wiimednafen/roms/WS ...***Wonderswan***
"WiiSX"coverfolder="wiisx"..............Path:\\wiisx/isos.....***Sony Playstation***
"Amstrad"coverfolder="amstrad"-----Path:\\apps/wiituka/DISKS----***AmstradCPC***
"WiiXL"coverfolder="wiixl"...............Path:\\wiixl/software/.........***Atari XL***
"Yabause"coverfolder="yabause"......Path:\\yabause/games.......***Sega Saturn***

zebasdeku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

sorry but PREHISTORIC ISLE rom where i put? in wich folder ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry but PREHISTORIC ISLE rom where i put? in wich folder ? SORRY BUT IM NOOB ON THIS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I PUT THE ROM IN CPS1 CPS2 NEO AND DONT WORK BLACK SCREEN OR BOOT TO THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
hmm... if i remember correctly there are a lot of times, where a game has many versions (jap/world) one version works (sometimes) if not, try to find an other one - do some resaerch on google, youtube etc. - like:

- Wii FBA Alpha
- how to play FBA Alpha games
- etc...

And also, if you are from Mexico - there are very good sites an tutorial for the Wii - you might as well search in spanish language.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Updated Neek2o to rev 96 beta 9.6
This is mainly for vWii users since vWii support was finally added by Overjoy (Thanks boss for the new update)

dead link

The 7z file has:
* 4 wads (2 for Wii and 2 for vWii) for nSwitch Channel v4.2 (2 for Real nand and 2 for Emunand)
the banner has a looping soundtrack now too
* a sneek folder with the new wii and vwii kernels (should be copied to root of HDD-Primary-Active-First-Fat partition)
* app folder with nswitch app (for hbc users)

I tested everything on Wii (no WiiU here sadly) but everything should work fine (except for wiiflow launching via neek2o - will get updated later)

vWii users has to dump their real nand to use this build since the premade emunands are for wii users only

Enjoy the new update and thanks again Overjoy :)
Since that link is dead I hope it's alright to share it again:

http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/owzG5kIW/file.html

Credits go to AbdallahTerro as I quoted him obviously. :)

Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: wyjek

run1492

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link for the new wiiflow webpage does not work, please update it. I've found the pack to download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3mxh2azkbza43db/WiiFlow_v4.2.3_Nintendont_MasterMod_Pack_Full_2016.7z

I hope this pack works for me, it's giving me headaches to make emunand work with wiiflow... Every tutorial lacks something or is different in some point, that finally makes the stuff not working. Round and round we goooo

What exactly are you trying to do with Emunand that isn't working? I don't use WiiFlow but I have everything working the way I want it in USB Loader GX. Feel free to PM me if you dont want to get too much off topic here.

run1492

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly are you trying to do with Emunand that isn't working? I don't use WiiFlow but I have everything working the way I want it in USB Loader GX. Feel free to PM me if you dont want to get too much off topic here.

Hi, Finally I found what was failing: neek2o did not boot because I had the required files in a fat32 partition that was the SECOND ONE on my usb hdd, and it had to be the first one. Thanks for your answer !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ok then no