Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe the r43 v222 change ios in game settings is the only bug with the release of r43.R-win is working on it so until then i would just use the r43 v249 instead since it does not have this bug and lets you change the ios to whatever you want for individual games.

Only complaint i have is all my favorite themes no longer work with r43 because of all the button/text overlapping in the settings menu but that's something only the themers can fix.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
icpmattj said:
i would just use the r43 v249 instead since it does not have this bug and lets you change the ios to whatever you want for individual games.

I know. But when I use v249 to start games with IOS 222 chosen, the games start very slowly.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ohh ok

I've never noticed that but i normally use ios249 to start everything unless its some game that requires a different ios as the base like guitar hero games or Monster hunter.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
222 v4 is my favorite.
happy.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No idea why lol

I just know its compatiable so thats why asked.I'm also still on v4 but i never use it so thats why i haven't bothered with v5 yet.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
r-win said:
icpmattj said:
mugotu said:
Hermes v5 is fully supported,

in v4:
202b57
222b38
223b38m37
224b38m57

Are those what you are suggesting to install with v5? I didn't know v5 was able to use merged ios for base?

Yes, it's possible. Only for 222 you are forced to use 38. For the rest, you can choose.

I always installed them through wad format and never saw any v5 that had merged ios bases that's why i was wondering
QUOTE(mayu29 @ May 31 2010, 03:06 PM)
Well, I've installed them through installer and I'm positive that merged IOS bases doesn't exist in v.5 or 5.1.

I was stating that 1. Wiiflow has 100% support for Hermes v5, and 2. My settings for Hermes v4.

in v5 is just changed a bit...... in version4 its 223 base 38 Merge 37, in version5 its 222 base 37 (in reality its THE SAME THING, 37 as base acheives the same effect as 38 moerge 37)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
mugotu said:
in v5 is just changed a bit...... in version4 its 223 base 38 Merge 37, in version5 its 222 base 37 (in reality its THE SAME THING, 37 as base acheives the same effect as 38 moerge 37)
Not quite. Because it doesn't have the 38 parts in there, I think the ES Identify hack doesn't work. Thus you can't use it with the apps that still require that. At least that's the impression I got when I did the Dop-Mii patch checking thing on the v5 IOSes.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
I was stating that 1. Wiiflow has 100% support for Hermes v5

I'm not sure that any loader other than uloader truly has 100% support for hermes v5 or 5.1. One major change between v4 and v5 is that you can now do nand emulation using v5. Uloader can use this to run wii game saves on an emulated nand, and it also allows you to play vc and wiiware games. AFAIK, uloader is the only loader to support the nand emulation feature of hermes v5.

Aside from that, I don't think wiiflow currently has support for any cIOS installed to slot 224. If you try to run any games using IOS224 with r43 (using either 222 or 249 version), wiiflow freezes up on the "please wait..." screen. Once that bug is fixed (i.e., you can play games using IOS222, 223, and 224 with both versions of wiiflow), then it will have the same amount of support as other loaders such as CFG.

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Disk detection problems

With this new release i had few times after restart of the wii, that the harddrive wasn't detected. A new restart was nessary!
In R25 this was never a issue for me.
After inspecting of the soure code i learned that the fountmount call before the IOS loading was removed (commented)

So i uncommented it and recompiled,now no problems with hardrive detections anymore. What was the mean reason to remove it (In SVN revision this was mentioned as some hardisk had problems with it?)

The source was compiled with R21 of devkit pro without any problems! Any reasons to still use R19?

I also changed the link of gecko code (Removed "www" in the link) and know for almost all games the cheats are found!

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jodur said:
Disk detection problems

With this new release i had few times after restart of the wii, that the harddrive wasn't detected. A new restart was nessary!
After inspecting of the soure code i learned that the fountmount call before the IOS loading was removed (commented)

So i uncommented it and recompiled,now no problems with hardrive detections anymore. What was the mean reason to remove it (In SVN revision this was mentioned as some hardisk had problems with it?)

The source was compiled with R21 of devkit pro without any problems! Any reasons to still use R19?

I also changed the link of gecko code (Removed "www" in the link) and know for almost all games the cheats are found!

Per IRC

using r21 of devkit is necessary with newest source, the entire fat_ntfs branch is written for r21 and r19 wont work
The web address for geckocodes does need to be changed, i think xabby666 had posted this earlier, you are correct
You'll have to ask r-win or mugotu about fatmount changes
smile.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
jodur said:
Disk detection problems

I noticed the same problem.

Unstable.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
TeenTin said:
jodur said:
Disk detection problems

I noticed the same problem.

Unstable.
Works fine and without any problems here. So maybe you shouldn't buy crappy HDs...
wink.gif

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So weird that people are getting these HD crashes. :/ I was one that was using R25 forever and I switched over to R43 with no issues.

I of course did a complete clean install and let the new R43 build create all my new files and folders and just customized what I needed to. Did you guys try a completely clean install?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everybody who reads this thread, will know exactly why I commented it. For person A it has to be in there, for person B it has to be removed.

I'll enable it again in r44, and we'll see what happens from there.
The change with the geckocodes.org url will also be in r44 (it's already in my sources).

@jodur: I think you read the wiki for compilation instructions? We don't use r19 anymore, but r21. I never updated the wiki.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
r-win said:
Everybody who reads this thread, will know exactly why I commented it. For person A it has to be in there, for person B it has to be removed.

It seems that there is no such "person B" for R25.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2