Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Alkis30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There is a big problem in the new 2.0 version. I tried to download the covers of the games and after a while (it downloaded some) it pops up a black screen with a "Exception (DSI) occured!" and some "STACK DUMP" and "CODE DUMP" codes. At the end of the screen there is a "Reload" msg but it stacks and I have to close Wii. I opened Wii again and when I move the pages of the games after a while it pops up again the same screen !!!!! What is going wrong ???

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Whats the difference between the 5 WiiFlow versions? I mean, you can set up the IOS you want to use in the options, so whats the point of these 5 versions?
Its incase you want to boot wiiflow using a particular ios. You can set what ios games use to boot in the settings, but not wiiflow itself.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Alkis30 said:
There is a big problem in the new 2.0 version. I tried to download the covers of the games and after a while (it downloaded some) it pops up a black screen with a "Exception (DSI) occured!" and some "STACK DUMP" and "CODE DUMP" codes. At the end of the screen there is a "Reload" msg but it stacks and I have to close Wii. I opened Wii again and when I move the pages of the games after a while it pops up again the same screen !!!!! What is going wrong ???

Your HD FAT32 ?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
HaniKazmi said:
WiiBricker said:
Whats the difference between the 5 WiiFlow versions? I mean, you can set up the IOS you want to use in the options, so whats the point of these 5 versions?
Its incase you want to boot wiiflow using a particular ios. You can set what ios games use to boot in the settings, but not wiiflow itself.

I see. And what are the benefits in booting Wiiflow with lets say, IOS224 over IOS250?

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
HaniKazmi said:
WiiBricker said:

I see. And what are the benefits in booting Wiiflow with lets say, IOS224 over IOS250?
Different games work better with different ios's. Similarly, wiiflow works differently too.
As an example, wiiflow will not show channels is you're using base 57. However, base 57 is the best ios for loading most games. Therefore. you could install a base 38 into ios 224, base 57 into 249, and 37 into 250. Therefore you bboot using the 224 version of wiiflow to get channels support, games load using 249 for speed, and you can use 250 for the problem games (ie MH3)
Which base into which ios is personal preference though, you could just as easily boot using 250 and use 224 for problem games.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Awesome, big thanks for the explanation
smile.gif

Alkis30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
TeenTin said:
Alkis30 said:

Your HD FAT32 ?

The HDD with the games is WBFS and the Wiiflow with covers is in SD (FAT32)

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jodur said:
r-win said:
roastedvegetableritz said:
Since upgrading to Wiiflow R43 and above, there is a slowdown in framerate which occurs after a while of scrolling through all your titles. It only lasts for maybe one box moving on the screen and then picks up speed again. Is there a way to avoid this?
Well, that is strange, since there is no lookup for fanart when you're in coverflow mode. We'll look into it.

I noticed this also to with the official release. In the pre-betas i tested this wasn't the case. The only new thing in this release are the themes.
After deleting the default.ini in the themes directory, scrolling was normal again. Maybe a wrong value in the default.ini ? The others thems don't have these problems?

Nice job r-win, also the cancel download issue seems to be fixed. Thanks alot for all effort you and miigoto are putting into this!

I did notive the slow down in frame rate on the last few beta's I've tried but with all the other problems on my Wii I asumed it was related. So I can also second the fact that while scrolling through there is a frame rate drop for a second or 2 then it picks back up.

Just about to go get v2.0
biggrin.gif
I'll report back later, might be much later as the kids are here this weekend so they are holding the wii ransom!

Plasma

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alkis30 said:
TeenTin said:
Alkis30 said:

Your HD FAT32 ?

Assumption: you didn't start fresh, I guess? Can you try that? Some beta testers reported the same, but after starting fresh the problem was gone. If not, get me a picture of the first stack dump, and I'll look into it.

Alkis30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
r-win said:
Alkis30 said:
TeenTin said:
Alkis30 said:

Your HD FAT32 ?

Assumption: you didn't start fresh, I guess? Can you try that? Some beta testers reported the same, but after starting fresh the problem was gone. If not, get me a picture of the first stack dump, and I'll look into it.

I started fresh ! I deleted all the wiiflow folders I had in my SD card. I downloaded the ver2.0 (IOS223) and put the Wiiflow folder in SD://apps. I then installed a .wad I had so as to have Wiiflow in a channel. I will try start Wiiflow from homebrew channel and not from the channel I made from the wad to see if the problem still exists and then I will get a picture.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Alkis30 said:
I started fresh ! I deleted all the wiiflow folders I had in my SD card. I downloaded the ver2.0 (IOS223) and put the Wiiflow folder in SD://apps. I then installed a .wad I had so as to have Wiiflow in a channel.

Format your SD and try again.

Alkis30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Alkis30 said:
r-win said:
Alkis30 said:
TeenTin said:
Alkis30 said:

Your HD FAT32 ?

I started fresh ! I deleted all the wiiflow folders I had in my SD card. I downloaded the ver2.0 (IOS223) and put the Wiiflow folder in SD://apps. I then installed a .wad I had so as to have Wiiflow in a channel. I will try start Wiiflow from homebrew channel and not from the channel I made from the wad to see if the problem still exists and then I will get a picture.

No luck with Wiiflow from Homebrew. The difference is that when it stacks it returns to Homebrew channel without the msg screen. Here is the screen http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9319/img0884b.jpg

Alkis30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
icebrg5 said:
I started fresh last night and downloaded all the covers again.

577 total and had no stack dump at all.

Im using fat32 though not sd

OK I will format my SD and go for a fresh install to see what happens

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Great release, thanks. I still get the problem with it only playing one song even though there are a number of them in the music folder. They are in ogg format should they now be mp3? If I hear the Chipmunks singing Single Ladies one more time I'm going to scream
laugh.gif

Cheers.

bander

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
2.0 doesn't work right for me, it doesnt detect my partition. first it finds no hard drive, after that it tells me i have no games and i get a choice of 2 partitions with weird names. it work fine the second time rebooting wiiflow. but after a boot down of the wii i get the same problem..
hate2.gif

mattesno1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried WiiFlow, but somehow no wiiflow.ini gets created anywhere on the SD or USB.
I copied wiiflow with the included inis (language, ...) and themes folder to apps/wiiflow but I couldn't select any themes.
I then tried creating a wiiflow folder with themes and inis in SD-root, but still no luck.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do, to set up wiiflow?

t3rm1nal_s(0ut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
great release...
smile.gif
i'm lovin it...
wink.gif

just one question:

how can I reorder games according to theirs names?

example: s. m. galaxy 1 / sm galaxy 2

now the 2nd appears before the first...

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:
fast question:

Where does wiiflow.ini needs to be?
It can be in USB:/apps/wiiflow or sd:/apps/wiiflow... it also checks in usb:/wiiflow and sd:/wiiflow but we are trying to get ppl to stop using the wiiflow folder in the base of their drive, because it complicates releasing.

QUOTE(t3rm1nal_s(0ut @ Jun 19 2010, 01:02 PM) great release...
smile.gif
i'm lovin it...
wink.gif

just one question:

how can I reorder games according to theirs names?

example: s. m. galaxy 1 / sm galaxy 2

now the 2nd appears before the first...
try downloading titles from within wiiflow first, if that doesnt work, Fix the names in titles.ini or titles.txt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although it's kinda pointless to download them anyway since you get the movies in horrible quality
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yep, they are now, but it took a shit ton of RE'ing.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RE = reverse engineering
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, can you remind me what reverse engineering meant pls?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Reverse engineering, to put it simply, is to understand how the software or hardware was made.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol someone tried using my email to log into Nintendo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, is that through trial and error sometimes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, did you enter any sus site?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. He "Entered the Dragon" looking for Bruce
    +2
  • Brohann @ Brohann:
    sorry i was away for a while
  • Brohann @ Brohann:
    I know how to use meteo
  • Brohann @ Brohann:
    but its not working
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I logged into it was when ancientboi was being born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I tried to get into Kens Nintendo account, but got locked out, oh well.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame that's where your wife put her new credit card into
    +2
    Join the club. lol :tpi::evil::D
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Same, I haven't logged into mine in 5-6 years prob, ever since I modded my switch. I get they're stupid email ads every month still tho.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, but you are younger than him
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm his daddy actually
    +2
    And I'm Kenny's dad
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I take his check every month for back child support pay
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, so both of you are clones?
    Oh Hell Fuq NO !
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Oh Hell Fuq NO !