Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
bm123456 said:
Hey guys where does the VC cover directory need to go so the new versions can find them ,, i haven't seen this question asked yet , thanks for all the new updates and hard work
VC/WiiWare covers are saved in the same folder as Wii covers..
QUOTE(bostonBC @ Aug 30 2011, 04:50 AM) So I tried clearing everything and I mean everything and didn't get much of a speed difference. I tried it with 500 games and the WiiFlow progress dots went back and forth 16 times before it loaded or when you exited a game to get back to the WiiFlow menu. I tried it with 250 games and it went back and forth 9 times.

I think something is not being written to cache or when it should be and the next time it's looked for it can't find it and has to scan the entire disk again.

I checked the wiiflow/cache/lists/usb1_wbfs.db and at 250 games it's 94 KB and pretty much doubles with 500 games so I think that file is being written correctly.

Is there any way to set a debug command option in one of the ini's that will either write what it is doing while it's doing the dot-by-dot progress when the WiiFlow screen is up or display it on the screen?

This is driving me crazy and I think I am going to have to go back to an older version and just deal with manually setting the cIOS's to use.
Come to the Wiiflow IRC, some one (maybe a dev) might have an idea how to fix this.
Been busy the last few days but saw that r414 was out and tried it and it worked! I no longer have any lags starting WiiFlow or exiting from games. It is still slow exiting the settings menu and where did the rest of the options pages go?!?! It's down to only 2 pages now.

Yikes... I can't press B and then the + key to cycle through the sort orders. Any idea what that keypress is now?

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for your answer Borissaid!I just tried it with no luck.Wiiflow keeps reading my real nand and no my emu nand folder stored in the root of my SD card.What am I doing wrong?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
petspeed said:
Remember I wrote it yesterday and it's still not perfect
wink2.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
panmusic said:
Thanks a lot!!! I tried your guide but Wiiflow cannot read my NAND folder in my SD.It keeps asking my to install the games.Any ideas?
You tried to press b and minus a few times?

DvZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
panmusic said:
FIX94 said:
petspeed said:
Remember I wrote it yesterday and it's still not perfect
wink2.gif

Thanks a lot!!! I tried your guide but Wiiflow cannot read my NAND folder in my SD.It keeps asking my to install the games.Any ideas?

"It will may give you the message to change partition, just press b and minus on the wiimote to do that until you can see your emulated NAND content. "
direct from the wiki , please read !

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
B and minus always guide me to the install game screen.I changed wiiflow.ini to path=/NAND/ and I put the NAND folder (with import, meta, shared1, shared2, sys, ticket, title,wfs and tmp) in the root of my SD card.I cannot imagine what I have done wrong...

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
FIX94 mentioned on irc yesterday that if Wiiflow is located on SD then the nand would not work from sd. Don't know why.

Please correct me if I am wrong here, but that's how I understood it.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
petspeed said:
FIX94 mentioned on irc yesterday that if Wiiflow is located on SD then the nand would not work from sd. Don't know why.

Please correct me if I am wrong here, but that's how I understood it.
If this is true,is it possible to solve this issue in a future revision?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing with r414 for a few hours and it looked good at initial blush but after clearing all caches/wdm/settings/ini it looks good for playing a few games and then it starts acting really odd. Skipping alphabetically stops working, changing the sort order then doesn't change sorting and a subset of games are displayed. I tried downloading the game list and then menu access gets real slow again - coming in and out of games. It takes about a minute to load from a forwarder or under HBC. Unless I missed some config clearing I think r414 is a bit buggy.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bostonBC said:
Unless I missed some config clearing I think r414 is a bit buggy.
Yeah bostonBC, r414 is a bit buggy, uploaded r414-titlefix now, get it from the wiki.
@panmusic:
Well, I don't know if this issue can be fixed, it's a cIOS issue iirc so we can't really do something.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bostonBC said:
I've been playing with r414 for a few hours and it looked good at initial blush but after clearing all caches/wdm/settings/ini it looks good for playing a few games and then it starts acting really odd. Skipping alphabetically stops working, changing the sort order then doesn't change sorting and a subset of games are displayed. I tried downloading the game list and then menu access gets real slow again - coming in and out of games. It takes about a minute to load from a forwarder or under HBC. Unless I missed some config clearing I think r414 is a bit buggy.
The exact same thing happens to me. I reverted back to r411 for now. Perhaps I'll try out the new 414titlefix later to see if that fixes things.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
bostonBC said:
Unless I missed some config clearing I think r414 is a bit buggy.
Yeah bostonBC, r414 is a bit buggy, uploaded r414-titlefix now, get it from the wiki.
@panmusic:
Well, I don't know if this issue can be fixed, it's a cIOS issue iirc so we can't really do something.
First off, thanks for all the hard work. I've done some testing with the new r414 and it appears to have fixed the title sorting problem.

In my first test I deleted everything in the settings, wdm, cache lists folders and apps/wiiflow.ini file.

Everything looked great and after the initial load going through the menu (I have 1050 items) was fast and no problems were seen. I was able to exit back to the main Wii channel menu quickly and re-launch WiiFlow quickly.

I then went into WiiFlow and manually downloaded the WiiTDB and did a missing cover download and also changed it to exit back to WiiFlow when quitting a game.

From that point the menu start lag returned. It was taking a minute to exit a game back to WiiFlow and also very long to exit the settings menu. Then I exited and tried launching WiiFlow again and the minute + lag in launching WiiFlow returned.

So I cleared everything again and also included all .wfc cache folder files. It launched and was working nicely. I went in and just changed the exit game to re-launch WiiFlow option and things are working well again.

It is still recreating all the cache files and I will report back when that is finished to see if it makes a difference.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After recreating the cache files it showed a number of missing graphics to I tried the download missing graphics option and after finishing the menu lag slowdown continues.

If there is anything I can do to help debug this please let me know.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bostonBC said:
After recreating the cache files it showed a number of missing graphics to I tried the download missing graphics option and after finishing the menu lag slowdown continues.

If there is anything I can do to help debug this please let me know.
Someone in IRC thinks that you could have a cluster size over 32kb, could you check it out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious