Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone else confirm issues (Exception DSI occurred) with uDraw in recent releases? It used to work fine on releases a few months back.
PAL uDraw on PAL 4.2E r417 v7b1d cIOS.
Funny thing is if I select the game in WiiFlow it immediately gets the DSI error, but if I use another controller (not plugged into uDraw tablet) it zooms the cover in, then when I start it it reboots the Wii without the DSI error.
I know it's a crap/rarely used game for some, but my daughter loves it and she's hounding me about it not working now. That's 2.5 year olds for you.
Usual clean installs (all configs/ini/db wiped) were done and pretty much everything else works fine. This is a new issue as it used to work back in older revisions (maybe it was 402, at a guess).
I can provide a pic of the DSI dump if required.
Many thanks.
I am on a NTSC 4.3U and tried r417 v7b1d and see the same problem.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone else confirm issues (Exception DSI occurred) with uDraw in recent releases? It used to work fine on releases a few months back.
PAL uDraw on PAL 4.2E r417 v7b1d cIOS.
Funny thing is if I select the game in WiiFlow it immediately gets the DSI error, but if I use another controller (not plugged into uDraw tablet) it zooms the cover in, then when I start it it reboots the Wii without the DSI error.
I know it's a crap/rarely used game for some, but my daughter loves it and she's hounding me about it not working now. That's 2.5 year olds for you.
Usual clean installs (all configs/ini/db wiped) were done and pretty much everything else works fine. This is a new issue as it used to work back in older revisions (maybe it was 402, at a guess).
I can provide a pic of the DSI dump if required.
Many thanks.
I am on a NTSC 4.3U and tried r417 v7b1d and see the same problem.
also the same with spongebob squiggle pants i think it's the tablet, they both work on gx, an cfg..

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned... the only "issue" I have is that I am unable to select the IOS to launch the game,like could be done in earlier releases. I understand that Wiiflow is supposed to auto detect and load the appropriate one. My problem stems from ISO Forwarders, like one for the Internet Channel or one for FTPii -- they seem to require a 38-base cIOS to launch. I used to be able to just select cios222 (maybe the base 38 d2x would work as well, haven't tried), as it stands, it reloads the system menu when I try to launch these. I'm assuming I can specify the IOS in one of the ini's, but it was alot easier to set it through the GUI. Again, not really a problem per se, just a bit of an annoyance. Thanks.

eraserturds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While I have nothing to offer in the way of the Udraw, I am following closely as I am hoping to pick one up this christmas.
I do, however, have some questions of my own. I still have a few games that are giving me video issues. Namely, lots of verticle and horizontal lines in green. I can still make out the start screen in the corner. Kind of. I've tried all of the "patch video modes" and all of the "video mode" but not every combination of the two. Is it worth my while going through all those combinations? I recall reading somewhere that sometimes the problem is just that the tv can't produce the resolution required.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Eraserturds.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm that 2 game partitions still works on the 416 and 417 , My setup no longer works only the second game partition shows up , I have hit the B button and Minus like suggested , same it doesn't see the other partition at all , Usb loader still sees them just fine so does CFG ,, But prefer Wiiflow ,, any help on this would be appreciated.

Yod4z

Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's a probleme to download a complet Wiiflow. Actualy on the Wiki we can only donwload the .dol but where are the package with the config files and themes? (i'm not at home and can't have access to my personal SDCard with Wiiflow)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if you don't erase the settings files and cache/lists like I do between each release it will probably work. A couple of friends upgraded from a slightly older version w/o a problem... I just know if I start telling people I know this is a good release somebody will delete one of the files and expect it will be auto-recreated and then when it chokes they will yell at me :-(
For me r417 works pretty good and yes I deleted all my settings/cache/ini, no problems at all with it. And yeah, the files will be recreated just fine here, that's really strange that it doesn't for you...

I checked this again on a clean new system and r417 with no app/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini and a deleted wiiflow/cache/lists folder and an empty wiiflow/settings folder - it is NOT recreating the wiiflow/cache/lists file... the folder is being recreated but not the cache file.

The system does run but you may not notice the delay if you don't have a large number of games. I have a 132 on a 320GB portable drive and you can see a 5 second or so delay starting Wiiflow and the same delay exiting a game back to the Wiiflow menu. On my monster 2TB drive with 1120 games it takes over a minute to launch Wiiflow or exit a game back to the Wiiflow menu.

I would ask that if you delete the cache/lists folder and other files to see that the cache/lists/usb1_wbfs.db file is actually created. The cache/lists folder is created but not the cache db file itself.

Also I think the Rumble setting option is being mapped wrong again in r417. When I enable it the save_emulation wiiflow.ini option gets changed to yes and then some games crash.

When I switch back to r415 and do the same (delete files/folders) everything is recreated as expected so I really think there is at least a couple of bugs in r417.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
where can you get the latest version lately my wiiflow has been freezing when it gets to the wiiflow logo? http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list is empty?!

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or the smurfs dance game, i still get the "metafortress error" this will be the 3rd time dumping the game.(getting pretty scratched up from little ones).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious