Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a little help here.. I got the source_menu (Frames & Hover Buttons 2nd Edition by mastershoes, which is great!), but I can't seem to get the buttons to show up on my menu. I'd place the entire source_menu in wiiflow/plugins along with the dols & .ini. Can someone please instruct me on what I need to do or am missing? Thanks.

Heeeeey, whatsup ToW?

You don't put it in the plugins folder! Create a new folder called source_menu, and put the contents in there ("wiiflow/source_menu/source_menu.ini", "wiiflow/source_menu/homebrew.png", etc.)

Edit: Or just drag and drop the source_menu folder in the download into your /wiiflow folder :)

Reactions: 1 person

Tobynator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I´ve got a problem with dml, too. Games from the compatibily-list run fine and the rip-prozess has done correctly. But I tried to rip Resident Evil Remake, a 2-disc game. First disc ripping was ok. But when I insert disc to, to rip, I got a message that says I´ve to insert disc 1 to calculate the game size. Then Wiiflow does nothing more. I can move the cursor, but nothing more. Just a hard-reset helps to go back.

After many tries, I ripped Resident Evil vial clean rip. In the games-folder I created a new empty folder, copied the sys-folder from Mario Sunshine in the empty folder and put the cleanrip iso-file in it. Tried this a few times for a few games and now I can play them, but for every game I ripped with cleanrip, the cover of Mario Sunshine is shown once more in Wiiflow. Now I´ve got 8 covers for Mario Sunshine in my Cubeflow. What can I do? Or what did I wrong?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get a friend's wii setup with dios mios with wiiflow and it keeps hanging at the dios mios screen. He's got a black wii, I dunno if that matters. D2x v9 is installed, wiiflow mod 506, both my card and his. he's got a western digital 1TB HDD. Also having trouble getting wiiflow to find the emu games. All of his are on HDD.

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I´ve got a problem with dml, too. Games from the compatibily-list run fine and the rip-prozess has done correctly. But I tried to rip Resident Evil Remake, a 2-disc game. First disc ripping was ok. But when I insert disc to, to rip, I got a message that says I´ve to insert disc 1 to calculate the game size. Then Wiiflow does nothing more. I can move the cursor, but nothing more. Just a hard-reset helps to go back.

After many tries, I ripped Resident Evil vial clean rip. In the games-folder I created a new empty folder, copied the sys-folder from Mario Sunshine in the empty folder and put the cleanrip iso-file in it. Tried this a few times for a few games and now I can play them, but for every game I ripped with cleanrip, the cover of Mario Sunshine is shown once more in Wiiflow. Now I´ve got 8 covers for Mario Sunshine in my Cubeflow. What can I do? Or what did I wrong?
It's most likely because you're using the sys folder from Super Mario Sunshine which is causing the loader to see every game as SMS. You could try using a hex editor and editing the boot.bin file to change the game ID and name, or just use DiscEX/GCReEx.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
3. The delete function deletes a different game to the one I select.. I tried it yesterday with a gamecube game I had just backed up to try with wiiflow DML.
I used it before mod and always found it was another game to the one I had selected, that was deleted. When I tried it yesterday the game I had selected didn't disappear from the coverflow afterwards and was still there, then checking the drive another game beside the one I wanted to delete had been erased off my usb drive. Is this wiiflow or are my files/HD messed up I wonder?

4. I tried to back up a gamecube game yesterday,
I noticed if I have setting in .ini "dump compressed" to "no" the install fails at 10%. I get disc read error please clean disc but the disc is clean.
If the setting in .ini "dump compressed" is yesterday it works. I wanted to make a 1/1 of my gc discs does the option just strip off the empty unused space? I've hardly ever used my drive but I tried the disc in the drive normally just incase my drive was the problem but it loaded and I played it fine. Cleanrip failed though and I got motor off a little while after it starts... I have previously backed up my metroid prime trilogy, and other things fine with that program but never tried .gc before yesterday.

5. One part of wiiflow that I'm not sure I understand properly is the video setting. (global and game)

If I set global to "System" does it use the setting in system menu (progressive), can anyone confirm this what the "system" option is?
I set the option in the global settings and then leave the games setting on default this means all games would be on the "system" setting (progressive)?
Because had odd problem when using different combination of global setting and individual setting that didn't make sense to me... the NTSC Mario All Stars Collection I remember didn't for some reason work unless I set the global video setting off of "system", even though the games individual video setting was different anyway. Again pre mod version thing but I still got weird breaking more about this...
3. That might be connected with a bug I just noticed on r506. I had never actually done the copy-play from USB for DML before but now that I moved everything over to the hard drive for DM I noticed that one of my games is recognized wrong as "on SD".
I have Four Swords and Harry Potter 1 (both NTSC) and Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker (both PAL) on SD. All of them on the hard drive show up marked as "on SD" but Harry Potter. Instead, Sands of Time shows up as "on SD". It doesn't really effect anything other than the label and I don't really need any of them on SD anymore but it was just interesting to note.

4. Yeah, the compress option just has it skip unused space (usually at the beginning of the disk). There's probably some part of the disk in that unused space that is physically damaged and giving you read errors when trying the 1:1 rips. Unless it's a game that uses audio streaming, though, there shouldn't be any problem with cutting out the padding.

5. I think "System" looks at what is set in the system menu settings (what a Wii game would run at if run from the disk channel) and tries to force that for GameCube games.

Can the "default" video option in the game config possibly be changed to "global" to show more clearly that its just using wiiflow global setting?
Good idea.

It's most likely because you're using the sys folder from Super Mario Sunshine which is causing the loader to see every game as SMS. You could try using a hex editor and editing the boot.bin file to change the game ID and name, or just use DiscEX/GCReEx.
Actually, I think all you REALLY need in order for it to run is the ISO image named game.iso in a folder (doesn't matter the name) inside the /games/ folder. I'd assume WiiFlow could figure out what game it was from just the disk image itself.

Can you turn off the Homebrew / Nand button?
If you want JUST the homebrew and NAND not to show up on the selector button (the one in the bottom right corner) but the rest of them to show up, go to the wiiflow.ini file in /apps/wiiflow/ and under the sections labeled [NAND] and [HOMEBREW] (if I remember the names right) there should be an entry under each that says disable=no. Change it to disable=yes, save it, and they should go away.
(the corresponding buttons in the default source menu SHOULD go away, too, but I haven't tested it to see if that's the case.)

If what you wanted was just to have the whole selector button go away all together, there's an option under [GENERAL] that says hideviews=no. Change it to yes to get rid of that.

Finally, if you have a source menu with pictures and stuff set up and want to get rid of it on there, in the source_menu.ini file in the /wiiflow/source_menu/ folder for each button there should be a source= entry for each button. For the buttons that have it set to source=homebrew, source=realnand, or source=emunand, change it to source= (with nothing after the = sign.) those buttons should go away then.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a noobish question. Where are folks getting the dl links for r506 (and previous r###) from? Or are we all compiling from source? I'm having issues with Dios Mios 2.0, but I've only got USB loader GX that supports it, and I'd like to troubleshoot compatibility with the loader vs my hdd.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a noobish question. Where are folks getting the dl links for r506 (and previous r###) from? Or are we all compiling from source? I'm having issues with Dios Mios 2.0, but I've only got USB loader GX that supports it, and I'd like to troubleshoot compatibility with the loader vs my hdd.
Here you go - http://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/downloads/list

Fix94 post a new one ever week or so depending on how things are going.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
another good reason to have a neek booter plugin would be to be able to run SD gamecube games in off of DML in the emulated NAND and USB GameCube games with DM in real NAND.
EDIT : Otherwise, the only way to have compatibility on both (I have limited space left on my hard drive but I DO want to take advantage of the space on BOTH if I could.) would be to implement moving the files TO the hard drive before playing them like we did in the other direction with DML.
EDIT 2 : What would be REALLY useful would be to be able to have a DVD-R cMIOS on real nand and both DM and DML on NEEK and dynamically rename them both to be able to play directly off of any medium I wanted. :D
@[member='fix94'],[member='fledge68'],[member='overjoy']
Just a cool idea that just occurred to me:

I used to think this could only be done on real NAND by either making a cBC that would load different titles from an argument passed to it OR dynamically installing the right WAD before each play. (lots of NAND wear and tare.)

BUT

What if you used something like DOP-Mii to install the WAD's for DM, DML, and QuadForce into different slots (say 210, 211, and 212 for example) leaving a DVD-R cMIOS in the MIOS slot
and then patch the BC when loading it to have it load a different title after changing to GC mode instead of the MIOS. That way you could have the functionality of all of them.

Would something like that work?

EDIT : Actually, I think I might be mentioning this on the wrong thread. :wink:

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a little help here.. I got the source_menu (Frames & Hover Buttons 2nd Edition by mastershoes, which is great!), but I can't seem to get the buttons to show up on my menu. I'd place the entire source_menu in wiiflow/plugins along with the dols & .ini. Can someone please instruct me on what I need to do or am missing? Thanks.

Heeeeey, whatsup ToW?

You don't put it in the plugins folder! Create a new folder called source_menu, and put the contents in there ("wiiflow/source_menu/source_menu.ini", "wiiflow/source_menu/homebrew.png", etc.)

Edit: Or just drag and drop the source_menu folder in the download into your /wiiflow folder :)
Thanks mastershoes, It worked and is exactly what I needed to know, but one more thing.. I got the plugins but I can't get the games or covers to show up except N64.. well coverless tho. So how would I go about to get the rest of them working on emuflow? Most, if not, all roms are zipped if that matters. Again, Thanks for the source menu.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go - http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Fix94 post a new one ever week or so depending on how things are going.

Thanks. Turns out I"ve been getting updates for the WRONG WIIFLOW this whole time. :wtf:

Reactions: 2 people

failburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks mastershoes, It worked and is exactly what I needed to know, but one more thing.. I got the plugins but I can't get the games or covers to show up except N64.. well coverless tho. So how would I go about to get the rest of them working on emuflow? Most, if not, all roms are zipped if that matters. Again, Thanks for the source menu.

The zipped roms shouldn't matter. Most of the emulators handle it, look at the ini's in your wiiflow/plugins folder.

Here's the relevant info from mine. (GenPlusGX)

[PLUGIN]
magic=53454741
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=genplusgx
fileTypes=.gen|.md|.zip
romDir=genplusgx/roms
dolFile=genplusgx-mod4.dol
bannerSound=sega.ogg
displayname=GenPlusGX
ReturnLoader=yes
consoleCoverID=sega

So in this case, my roms should go in //genplusgx/roms
Note, the COVER folder STARTS in whatever folder is specified in your wiiflow.ini file, in my case

dir_box_covers=usb1:/wiiflow/covers so that means my GenPlusGX plugin STARTS here for the covers, and then the GenPlusGX folder.
usb1:/wiiflow/covers/genplusgx is where I would put my Genesis covers based on the above ini examples.

Hope this helps you!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The zipped roms shouldn't matter. Most of the emulators handle it, look at the ini's in your wiiflow/plugins folder.

[PLUGIN]
magic=53454741
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=genplusgx
fileTypes=.gen|.md|.zip
romDir=genplusgx/roms
bannerSound=sega.ogg
displayname=GenPlusGX
ReturnLoader=yes
consoleCoverID=sega

Note, the COVER folder STARTS in whatever folder is specified in your wiiflow.ini file, in my case

dir_box_covers=usb1:/wiiflow/covers so that means my GenPlusGX plugin STARTS here for the covers, and then the GenPlusGX folder.
usb1:/wiiflow/covers/genplusgx is where I would put my Genesis covers based on the above ini examples.

Hope this helps you!
wow, you get an A+ for being a newbie that knows what he's doing. :D

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question:

I don't seem to have a Wiiflow.ini file anymore and I'm trying to add my Wiinnertag ID. Someone wanna help me out? :)

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

[PLUGIN]
magic=53454741
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=genplusgx
fileTypes=.gen|.md|.zip
romDir=genplusgx/roms
bannerSound=sega.ogg
displayname=GenPlusGX
ReturnLoader=yes
consoleCoverID=sega

Hope this helps you!
Yeah Thanks for the heads up. I got them all to show now, but can't get other emulators to work. Do I replace the .dol files in plugins with emulators or do I need to do something else in the .ini file? Thanks.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
really happy with r506, thanks anybody involved... really class I hope you all continue the great work :)

For info, r506 creates an empty wiiflow folder on the root of my sd.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question:

I don't see to have a Wiiflow.ini file anymore and I'm trying to add my Wiinnertag ID. Someone wanna help me out? :)
did you look in /apps/wiiflow/ next to your boot.dol file?
Ah ok. I deleted my wiiflow app folder since I wasn't using the old wiiflow, but I noticed it just rebuilt it with the wiiflow.ini file side. Thanks. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4