Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm really happy with r506, I wanna thank all involved... really class I hope you all continue the great work :)

One thing I have noticed wiiflow r506 always creates a new wiiflow folder on the root of my drive?
That's where all the settings and covers and stuff are stored ... or are you talking about an additional WiiFlow folder on another partition?

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's where all the settings and covers and stuff are stored ... or are you talking about an additional WiiFlow folder on another partition?
No I just meant it creates an empty wiiflow folder at root of the same drive (sd).
I have the path set elsewhere in wiiflow.ini for all settings covers etc but a new wiiflow folder is created on startup.

Wiiflow works fine though and uses the original paths I set, I just wanted to mention in case nobody noticed. :)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='maxternal']
LOL at your profile pic. for a split second I actually thought I had a bug crawling on my screen and started to squish it with my finger. :D

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally figured out why I couldn't get The Smurf's Dance Party or Kirby's Return to Dreamland working on my Wii.

It turned out I had the default video set to NTSC. When I switched it to System default it worked fine!!!

Yeah, I wasted a lot of time on that.

Reactions: 3 people

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done that too. Well, with CoD:BO & MW3 that is. So your not the only one in the boat. But it's all good and glad to hear you got that fixed.

Btw, is there an 'easier' way to put WiiWare games on Wiiflow? I'm not sure if there is but I don't think I want to dump my nand everytime I buy a new game off Nintendo Shopping Channel.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could the cluster size on my friend's WD HDD be the reason it won't boot dios mios? I tried my HDD on his wii and it worked fine.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally figured out why I couldn't get The Smurf's Dance Party or Kirby's Return to Dreamland working on my Wii.

It turned out I had the default video set to NTSC. When I switched it to System default it worked fine!!!

Wow I can't wait to try this fix cuz I have the same setup with global default Video Mode set to NTSC and those 2 games are problematic for me as well. Maybe setting the individual game video setting to System will work as well :)

Funny I've been trying to figure out what the hell was wrong for a long time too, too bad I don't come home till Sunday lol!

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow I can't wait to try this fix cuz I have the same setup with global default Video Mode set to NTSC and those 2 games are problematic for me as well. Maybe setting the individual game video setting to System will work as well :)

Funny I've been trying to figure out what the hell was wrong for a long time too, too bad I don't come home till Sunday lol!
Yep - when I finally figured it out I couldn't believe it was that simple.

BTW - I have one of my systems still set to NTSC and changed the individual game setting to System Default and it worked fine for both Kirby RTDL and The Smurfs.

Reactions: 1 person

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hooked my friend's WD My Book HDD up to my computer and adjusted the sleep timer from 30 min to never, now when I load a GC game through Dios Mios the light stays solid instead of flashing, but it still freezes at the Dios Mios screen. Has anyone been able to get a WD HDD to work with Dios Mios, and please tell me how?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still cant get wii games to boot using r506. Tried everything, GC, EMU and everything else works fine, just no wii games working #BAFFLED

EDIT: I stand corrected!? After 5 times trying to boot the same game it actually booted today! Nothing changed, it just miraculously worked.. :D

EDIT 2:

Does killer 7/twinsnakes work multi disc? guessing they do based on this : http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Lite_Compatibility_List

How would I set up my iso folders for them though?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Yeah I know, atm we have some strange video mode issues, some games work with default video mode, some need to have cheats enabled (even if you dont use cheats), but somehow you can get every game to work with playing around with that, I'm happy that it was so easy for you to do now :P
EDIT: I stand corrected!? After 5 times trying to boot the same game it actually booted today! Nothing changed, it just miraculously worked.. :D
:lol: That sounds really strange, seems like your wii just wanted to fuck with you or so :P

For info, r506 creates an empty wiiflow folder on the root of my sd.
An completely empty one? No subfolders? Could you please delete this folder again, then enable sd card logging in wiiflow.ini and post it here?

Lets start by saying fix94 thanks for your effort so far and here is to the continued improvement of wiiflow in all of its forms. I have been lurking for sometime, I have muddled through the various revisions and such. I have a few questions that I would like to ask.
1: Is there any all encompassing guide for wiiflow-mod as of yet? I ask because everything on the net is fractured wiiflow-wiiflow-advanced-wiiflow-mod.( I prefer wiiflow-mod.)
2: How do I remove all of the categories but GC and Wii and Disk? the rest of the stuff is driving me crazy to much to configure.
3: Any thoughts on how to load wiiflow-mod into dolphin? (that is obviously this guy is crazy question)
Everyone on here is the best and thanks for your inputs and ideas.
There is no guide for it now, its some read and try process atm :P What do you mean with remove categories? I personally dont use them so I cant really answer there ;) Oh yea and about dolphin, it would be cool, and I also wanted to try it out but still havent started with it :P

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 more things I need help with since I have just started tinkering with all the new stuff Wiiflow Mod has to offer:

1) I just installed the emulator plug-ins last night and they seem to work fine, but I can't get covers to download or show up. It goes through the download process, but it just tells me that it downloaded 0 of 64 covers. Do we have to add them manually?

2) Since I was on the older version of Wiiflow for quite sometime, is there anything I should do to make sure I am using the latest Wiiflow default theme? Since I know the others themes I have don't work well (Carbonik, etc.) I wanted to know if there was some place I could just download the latest themes that are compatible with r506 and beyond.

failburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 more things I need help with since I have just started tinkering with all the new stuff Wiiflow Mod has to offer:

1) I just installed the emulator plug-ins last night and they seem to work fine, but I can't get covers to download or show up. It goes through the download process, but it just tells me that it downloaded 0 of 64 covers. Do we have to add them manually?

2) Since I was on the older version of Wiiflow for quite sometime, is there anything I should do to make sure I am using the latest Wiiflow default theme? Since I know the others themes I have don't work well (Carbonik, etc.) I wanted to know if there was some place I could just download the latest themes that are compatible with r506 and beyond.

Here's your covers, thanks to MasterShoes.
(There's an example default.ini theme in that thread to use as well)

http://gbatemp.net/t...-cover-support/

Edit: Also, here's a clarification I made elsewhere, but it might save you a few trial/error loops :)

http://gbatemp.net/topic/204106-wiiflow-an-open-source-gui-usb-loader/page__st__7770__p__4283183#entry4283183

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, one more problem game fixed... If you are having problems with Thomas & Friends Hero of the Rails just set it to the video mode to auto-patch and it will run.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
An completely empty one? No subfolders? Could you please delete this folder again, then enable sd card logging in wiiflow.ini and post it here?
Since I updated to r506 there is a wiiflow folder created on the root of my sd card (as far as I can tell its created on boot) which contains no other folders or files.
I assumed this is the default location for settings covers etc. Its created even though wiiflow paths are set to another location. It doesn't seem to be needed/used.
I will post the log/info you need as soon as possible.

Also re: the video settings I hope you don't mind me asking,

Can "system" option be changed instead to "System menu"?
And "default" could be replaced with a "global" setting for the individual games ("global" or "System menu [global]" or "global [System menu]" etc)
Then we just have the essential in global video setting, "System menu", "PAL 50", "PAL 60", "NTSC", "Progressive", "Auto-patch" and then in the individual game config the "global [***********]" too. Just if ever possible.

The "system" option does use the setting from system menu is that right?

What exactly does the auto-patch setting do? And what is the difference between this and the game region patch/settings etc?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here's your covers, thanks to MasterShoes.
(There's an example default.ini theme in that thread to use as well)

http://gbatemp.net/t...-cover-support/

Edit: Also, here's a clarification I made elsewhere, but it might save you a few trial/error loops :)

http://gbatemp.net/t...83#entry4283183
Thanks for the help failburn!

I got the covers to show, but unlike Emuflow, the boxes don't show up in a 3D manner with the front and back on each side, they just show up flat with both sides showing on one side. Is there any extra plugin I would have to add to have them show up like the regular Wii box covers?

And again, is there any place to download the updated themes since there aren't any on the Wiiflowiki or the open Wiiflow mod Google page. Answered my own question by deleting my DEFAULT.INI theme file and I also found the Wiiflow themes thread. :)

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds to me like your covers are in the wrong place? Full go in wiiflow/boxcovers/"emuname"/ front go in wiiflow/covers/"emuname"
the updated theme pack is located in this thread somewhere a few pages back...

Tobynator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's most likely because you're using the sys folder from Super Mario Sunshine which is causing the loader to see every game as SMS. You could try using a hex editor and editing the boot.bin file to change the game ID and name, or just use DiscEX/GCReEx.

That helped a lot, thank you. Now Mario Sunshine is shown only one time, thats great. But after the 2-disc games were prepared with GCReEX, Mario Party 5, Mario Party 6 and Mario Party 7 are all shown 2 times. But I´ve copied them with the Wiiflow internal rip-tool. And didn´t copied or manipulated the sys-folder for other games. Has someone got an idea, what I can do to solve the problem?

And is it possible to hide the second-disc covers? I´ve heard that Wodeflow got this option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4