Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting emunand to work my friend's hard drive. I thought I figured out the problem...it was formatted to ntfs. I made a 3GB partition, 32kb clusters, and put the nand in the wiiflow/nandemu folder, but it didn't show up. I tried extracting my nand but once it was done, still nothing showed up. Now I'm about to reformat the hdd to fat32 with 32 kb clusters. Any insight?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm having trouble getting emunand to work my friend's hard drive. I thought I figured out the problem...it was formatted to ntfs. I made a 3GB partition, 32kb clusters, and put the nand in the wiiflow/nandemu folder, but it didn't show up. I tried extracting my nand but once it was done, still nothing showed up. Now I'm about to reformat the hdd to fat32 with 32 kb clusters. Any insight?
have you set the paths in wiiflow.ini to tell it where the NAND is?

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
edit2: It seems to take a hell of a long time to reload cache too compared to before. Added about 10 titles since r735 but should not make that much of a difference I would think.
Uhm OK, here its damn fast now compared to the old revs, for example to reload my plugin coverflow it takes not even one second and I have 222 games! How much games do you have?
Just clocked over ~405. I've added about 10-15 since r735 so will try a few things before I bother you more about it. :)
Edit: Just saw you made a possible fix in r754 - will compile that now and give it a spin tonight when I get home from work :(
Thanks for checking it out Fix - your work is sincerely appreciated.
Same 37 seconds for r756.
Yea, for plugins it wont change because they are not that many subfolders, that update is more for wii games, you know every wii game is in a subfolder and that was slow as hell after a few 100 games ;)
Tried r754 last night - still took around 4-5 mins to load cache on first boot and the same amount of time to reload cache. (edit: Wii folders, on NTFS partition)
I see you made another change for mem and lots of folders in r756 - will try that out and will also again try r735 to see if there are any difference with the amount of titles I have right now.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I thought it found it automatically. It does on my hdd. Seems like it would have found it after extracting.
This is all just to the best of my memory but :
I think it might find it automatically if you use WiiFlow itself to extract it because it extracts it to the place you already have in the path settings.
I've always had to set it to /nands/nand1 (where I have it) manually. I think it automatically defaults to either something like /wiiflow/emunand or to the root of the device / (like old UNEEK/SNEEK) or just blank. There's a setting both in [NAND] for channels and in [GAMES] for save emulation.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally got back to using wiiflow! its been so long, thanks for all the work fix, its really appreciated.

i compiled 753 earlier today, did clean install (deleted cache folder and let it make its own ini). i had an issue where every time i load the channels section it code dumps, gonna try 755 and if i have time will let you know if it still has the same issue.

edit: huzzah! it seems to work fine now. i only tested one game but its not code dumping in the same spot. not sure what happened between the revs. if its helpful, the code dump happened when i switch to channels. after the first load, within a few seconds of the covers displaying it dumped. then it would reload in the plugin flow, going back and it would code dump almost instantly when entering the channels flow.
Probably because of some new MEM tweaks :)

and it appears i was too quick to judge. i just tried playing tonight and got the same crash again. i deleted the cache again, but sadly don't have enough time to test. wii games won't load for me either, i tried playing Boom Blox Bash Party (or w/e its name) and it black screened on me! compiling 756 now to try again.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
the log looks fine.
neek2o is so sensitive... luck is needed sometimes to get everything working.
You can make another trial without copying the mii stuff. try the neek rev in my megapack (it's 93b6) also try changing hacks using the di menu to enable region free.
make your setup without priiloader
Will your WiiFlow Mega Pack link still work with 4.0.3+? I've been thinkin of adding sneek2o..
yes sure, I'll make a big update when some features gets added too

Reactions: 1 person

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The zip for the latest version (4.0.2) only contains what I assume is IOS 249 flavor. Is there a IOS 250 flavor available somewhere or can I change the settings myself? I'm not set up to roll my own and would prefer to use the cIOS I have at 250. I'm updating from 2.2rc1 version that was compiled specifically for IOS 250. I assume that's what I need with the 4.0.2 so please enlighten me if I'm able to configure it myself. Thanks!

Xymox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiiflow 4.02.
I think there is an issue or it is as designed.

When installing Wiiflow (copy folder into apps) and do not have wiiflow folder in root (where themes etc are stored), there is only the default theme.
In this case, the buttons 1 and 2 (to switch layouts) does not work. There is only one layout.

After I downloaded the themepack and put it into wiiflow\themes I saw that there is a default.ini file present.
With that file, the 1 and 2 buttons do switch layouts.

Should'nt the default theme from wiiflow initial install also have the layout switching enabled?
So should the ini not be part of the initial setup of wiiflow?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The zip for the latest version (4.0.2) only contains what I assume is IOS 249 flavor. Is there a IOS 250 flavor available somewhere or can I change the settings myself? I'm not set up to roll my own and would prefer to use the cIOS I have at 250. I'm updating from 2.2rc1 version that was compiled specifically for IOS 250. I assume that's what I need with the 4.0.2 so please enlighten me if I'm able to configure it myself. Thanks!
cannot be changed in settings, you need to edit "makefile" and recompile

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Just a quick thank you on the progress made. WiiFlow now working faster than I thought possible, and I cannot remember the last code dump I had.

Looking great with flows for Movies, Gamecube, N64, SNES, Megadrive/Genesis, etc.

Thank you very much for the work that has gone into this.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just tried r756 and wiiflow reboots back to SM, after doing the wiifow animation for about 10 seconds.
wiiflow.ini not created, Lists directory created but empty, no additional files created in settings.

Also just went back to r735 and cache reloads in 18 seconds (fast as ever), with the same games (410 titles) in wbfs directory on NTFS.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Some arcade stuff :P

15ed9hx.jpg
zlsqqt.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any trick to install multi disc GC games?

I installed disc one of REmake, then when I try to install the second disc it says, 'insert disc one' I do that and it just says game installed.

Edit

I used 'Clearip' to get both disc on my hdd then GC iso Tool.

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well i need help. I used wiiflow 3.1 and the wiiware games works fine. When i replace the wiiflow for the new one the wiiware games frozzen and now i lost my list. When i try to extract the nand from wiiware botton (source menu) wiiflow frozzen and i have to boot the wii.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried r756 and ran into a lot a problems with plugins.
  1. the plugin select menu won't work at all - freezes or code dumps.
  2. return to wiiflow doesn't work for any plugin or homebrew app
  3. launching genplusgx goes to the menu instead of directly to the game
I know there were changes to the plugins but I edited the ini's like i thought we were supposed to. Anybody have a new set of plugins?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?