Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I haven't had time to try out WiiFlow with the new cache/list code. Still using r743 and just compiled r756. What's the proper way to test it?

Should I delete my entire Cache folder or just the lists folder?

I ask cuz deleting thousands of cover cache and rebuilding them isn't my idea of a good time lol. It I don't have to that would be great if I should then I will.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i had come across some neo geo cover templates that were pretty darn nice. I resized/changed/added a few things from the original, and am still in the process of cleaning up the template and finalizing it... but here's a preview of what I'm working on. I have gathered up a lot of source art (started with everything available at gamefaqs), but a lot of it isn't the greatest quality.. I'll do my best with what i can find. If anybody has any word on good Neo Geo source art, hit me up. :)

Template Normal
aodk.png

Template Shrunken Spine
aodkshrunkenspine.png

Source Art
aodkBADDY.png

Reactions: 4 people

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I haven't had time to try out WiiFlow with the new cache/list code. Still using r743 and just compiled r756. What's the proper way to test it?

Should I delete my entire Cache folder or just the lists folder?

I ask cuz deleting thousands of cover cache and rebuilding them isn't my idea of a good time lol. It I don't have to that would be great if I should then I will.
your supposed to just delete the list folder which is in your cache folder.

Please let me know if you can access the plugin select menu and if your plugin games return to wiiflow. I'm want to know if it's just me or if there's something that needs to be fixed in wiiflow.

Reactions: 1 person

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cannot be changed in settings, you need to edit "makefile" and recompile
Sure it can via meta.xml args. Just add
Code:
ios=250
To the meta.xml right before the very last .

Well, I tried adding the code as the last line inside the and after it with the same results - black screen on launch of any game. Wiiflow starts fine, finds my game partition fine but when looking at the info it shows it's using IOS58 v6176.

Also, this code: "" is the last line in the . Does that conflict with my argument?

Thanks for the help guys.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I took out the and WiiFlow now reports it's running under IOS250. Unfortunately it still black screens when I start any game and I have to power off the Wii with the Power button. I'm using cIOSX_rev20b since that was working best with the old version of WiiFlow - is that my problem?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I took out the and WiiFlow now reports it's running under IOS250. Unfortunately it still black screens when I start any game and I have to power off the Wii with the Power button. I'm using cIOSX_rev20b since that was working best with the old version of WiiFlow - is that my problem?
It's SUPPOSED to work but I think someone else was running an older cIOS like that and reported problems, too. Their problems were fixed by updating to d2x v8. If you want to just update with ModMii's syscheck updater wizard I know that cIOS is included in what it updates.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently having trouble trying to get the neo geo retroarch stuff to work.. can someone please make a setup guide that would help me out. I have the roms showing up, but when I load. it says error trying to load rom or something like that. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i had come across some neo geo cover templates that were pretty darn nice. I resized/changed/added a few things from the original, and am still in the process of cleaning up the template and finalizing it... but here's a preview of what I'm working on. I have gathered up a lot of source art (started with everything available at gamefaqs), but a lot of it isn't the greatest quality.. I'll do my best with what i can find. If anybody has any word on good Neo Geo source art, hit me up. :)

Template Normal
aodk.png

Template Shrunken Spine
aodkshrunkenspine.png

Source Art
aodkBADDY.png

Have you looked through the media from the hyperspin project?

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's SUPPOSED to work but I think someone else was running an older cIOS like that and reported problems, too. Their problems were fixed by updating to d2x v8. If you want to just update with ModMii's syscheck updater wizard I know that cIOS is included in what it updates.

That was it. I went ahead and loaded d2x v8 Final into 249(56) and 250(57) and everything is running great so far. Thanks for help and continuing work on WiiFlow to all those involved. Good to know I can point WiiFlow to a specific IOS with an argument instead of having to recompile.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Template Normal
aodk.png

Template Shrunken Spine
aodkshrunkenspine.png

Source Art
aodkBADDY.png

Have you looked through the media from the hyperspin project?

Yeah actually i had a look through the ftp the other day.. Not a whole lot there that i saw.. an aes 3d set that i can't do a whole lot with (but maybe compare color)... i did grab the wheel art though, helps with the spines alot.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some trick to getting emunand to work from SD? I reformatted to fat32 32kb clusters, but it keeps code dumping on me

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently having trouble trying to get the neo geo retroarch stuff to work.. can someone please make a setup guide that would help me out. I have the roms showing up, but when I load. it says error trying to load rom or something like that. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.
you need the bios named neogeo.zip make sure its 1404kbits google it and make sure your roms are compatible with fba v0.2.97.26 also check this out http://gbatemp.net/t...ystem-emulator/

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I try everything to work my wiiware in wiiflow. All of my plugins are working but wiiware frozzen and the covers not load. When i try to return to wiiflow 3.1 not working. What i do to fix the wiiware in wiiflow?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I try everything to work my wiiware in wiiflow. All of my plugins are working but wiiware frozzen and the covers not load. When i try to return to wiiflow 3.1 not working. What i do to fix the wiiware in wiiflow?
Have you tried a more recent version of WiiFlow? It is hard to support out of date versions.

You can get 4.0.2 from: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list

Or compile your own copy from: http://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/. The latest version is r756 which is a bit ahead of 4.0.2 but not everyone likes to keep up with the bleeding edge.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Well there's 2 ways to go about this, the easiest way or the harder way.

If u want to do it manually(harder)then besides putting the neogeo.zip file in the same directory as your Roms, you'll need to make sure you have a compatible romset. If not then you'll have to convert your romset. A very brief summary of this can be found here posted by badablek
http://gbatemp.net/topic/333126-retroarch-a-new-multi-system-emulator/page__st__105
Edit: on mobile couldn't put link tag cuz I don't know it so links in a spoiler :-P

The easier way is to find a converted romset lol

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decided that I need to tinker with the source menu and I'm asking for help from anyone who has an actual unit of any of the supported consoles, or even better, 3D models of them that can be viewed from any angle (think gamecube trophy from smash bros melee) my goal is to make a mock source flow. :D

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few general questions about the flows.
  1. Just to be clear, the Emuflows are for all of the Emulators based games and the Coverflows are for the Wii/Gamecube games, correct? If so, can you mix and match flows in the theme ini file so that certain Coverflows are used for the emulator games as well?
  2. When viewing the flows, the game titles are usually half visible on the screen or not at all and sometimes the covers seem a bit bigger than they should... almost as if it's zoomed in to where it can't keep everything within the screen. I understand that the flows can be adjusted in the settings, but in this case, there would be a lot of adjusting to be done. I adjusted the TV height and width but it still isn't quite right. It seems like there might be a setting I'm missing to make the flows laid out better on my TV.

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few general questions about the flows.
  1. Just to be clear, the Emuflows are for all of the Emulators based games and the Coverflows are for the Wii/Gamecube games, correct? If so, can you mix and match flows in the theme ini file so that certain Coverflows are used for the emulator games as well?
  2. When viewing the flows, the game titles are usually half visible on the screen or not at all and sometimes the covers seem a bit bigger than they should... almost as if it's zoomed in to where it can't keep everything within the screen. I understand that the flows can be adjusted in the settings, but in this case, there would be a lot of adjusting to be done. I adjusted the TV height and width but it still isn't quite right. It seems like there might be a setting I'm missing to make the flows laid out better on my TV.

first question got me kinda lost so idk about that one but i use these themes http://www.mediafire...9djyaynwycas50j check them out. i got them from [member='fledge68']s signature

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk