Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for Fix or anyone else who knows, I'm a little behind the times but I was reading on Devolution thread how Tueidj fixed devolution to use any size memcard.bin as of r115

The source code for the sample loader has been updated to allow memcard.bin to be any size >= 512KB instead of always requiring it to be at least 16MB, other loaders should do the same so they can properly support all memory card dumps.

So I was wondering did you ever change that for wiiflow too? or did you have to?
Nope, looks like that check's still in there
( http://code.google.c...ource/gc/gc.cpp line 268 )
actually after checking the code you noticed. It looks like it takes memcards < 16mb and enlarges them to 16mb which is better anyway because you then have a bigger memcard

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing that makes smaller memory card images corrupt, it should be fixed.
Thanks for pointing that out. I noticed a post in your thread where a user had that happen to them. Hopefully Fix see's this and fixes the code. Of course it looks like all I have to do is remove the
|| st.st_size < 16

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It shouldn't be removed but rather changed to 512KB since that's the smallest valid memory card size (ftruncate should still attempt to resize to 16MB in case it is creating a new memcard.bin).

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Noticed that default coverflows for emulators are in the source menu as well as the individual plugin inis. Which is necessary to set it up?
So I finally saw what you're talking about, because of Abz source_menu.ini. Funny thing is that all the Source_Menu.ini's I use don't have the part with the default emuflow. I have all the SM sets from Mastershoes thread and use my SM.ini w/o this part and I noticed that Abz and Jiiwah's default Source_Menu.ini's do have this:
Code:
[FCEUGX]
8bit playground=1
carbonik=4
default=3
orchid=1
starnight=1
violet=1
[GENPLUSGX]
8bit playground=1
carbonik=3
default=1
orchid=1
starnight=1
violet=1
[SNES9XGX]
8bit playground=1
carbonik=1
default=2
orchid=1
starnight=1
violet=1
[VBAGX]
8bit playground=1
carbonik=2
default=4
orchid=1
starnight=1
violet=1
My SM.ini's do not include this part whatsoever.. So what the hell is this exactly? @[member='Abdallahterro'] what does this affect and obviously it's not necessary since I don't use it in my ini's but I'm really curious. I gather that depending on the plugin and the theme, there's a specific emuflow? What takes precedence?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Noticed that default coverflows for emulators are in the source menu as well as the individual plugin inis. Which is necessary to set it up?
So I finally saw what you're talking about, because of Abz source_menu.ini. Funny thing is that all the Source_Menu.ini's I use don't have the part with the default emuflow. I have all the SM sets from Mastershoes thread and use my SM.ini w/o this part and I noticed that Abz and Jiiwah's default Source_Menu.ini's do have this:
Code:
[FCEUGX]
8bit playground=1
carbonik=4
default=3
orchid=1
starnight=1
violet=1
My SM.ini's do not include this part whatsoever.. So what the hell is this exactly? @[member='Abdallahterro'] what does this affect and obviously it's not necessary since I don't use it in my ini's but I'm really curious. I gather that depending on the plugin and the theme, there's a specific emuflow? What takes precedence?
No idea why it's still there, even the theme names changed lately, you can delete this part and I'll delete it in my next update too :)

Meantime a sample of new Retroarch plugin icons + (b) frame:

igeps5.jpg

Download Link: http://www.mediafire...hk962tjyktnlrbt

these will be included in new full extended set after appropriate renaming too :P

Reactions: 3 people

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
[FCEUGX]
8bit playground=1
carbonik=4
default=3
orchid=1
starnight=1
violet=1
[GENPLUSGX]
8bit playground=1
carbonik=3
default=1
orchid=1
starnight=1
violet=1
[SNES9XGX]
8bit playground=1
carbonik=1
default=2
orchid=1
starnight=1
violet=1
[VBAGX]
8bit playground=1
carbonik=2
default=4
orchid=1
starnight=1
violet=1
That was the original (first) way i came up with to allow the user to set preferred emuflows per plugin. It alllowed you to set the preferred emuflow for each theme. But it seemed to be too complicated for most so I changed it to emuflow= for each source menu button that is for a plugin.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was helping Shortz with his droidflow theme the other night
What? no one helped with my theme.(well fledge68 helped answer my question, to get a few things working.). droidflow is off the top of MY head.
the only thing you asked was if i could make the pods slide open. short answer is no it can't, i tried an it will not do animation. so i had to do it using a footer.( code line is from darkwii v3.)
your quote, is also why i havent released a lot of my stuff to, an the fact that there are a lot of "source code hoes." an we are not allowed to upload nin code to this site.( some of my channels have this, cause i use crapp channels an others as bases, to get started.).

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? no one helped with my theme.(well fledge68 helped answer my question, to get a few things working.). droidflow is off the top of MY head.
the only thing you asked was if i could make the pods slide open. short answer is no it can't, i tried an it will not do animation. so i had to do it using a footer.( code line is from darkwii v3.)
your quote, is also why i havent released a lot of my stuff to, an the fact that there are a lot of "source code hoes." an we are not allowed to upload nin code to this site.( some of my channels have this, cause i use crapp channels an others as bases, to get started.).
"source code hoes." - LOL Sorry just thought this typo was funny. :lol:

Reactions: 2 people

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"source code hoes." - LOL Sorry just thought this typo was funny. :lol:

TYPO? i'm being serious. you got these people on this site, that troll for source code.(or make sure you add it.).. but yet there are a few people.( that think they are gods.).. and don't have to include it.( this is wrong. all rules should apply to everyone, i don't give a crap who you are.)
look at the crap that happend when i did the first channel for neek2o( for those that remember.). what ever her/his name is. kept bitching about the source code for that.( based off of diddy's work using theme mii channel.). an there has been a few more.
but this is all "water under the bridge". i'm not one to hold a grudge on anyone.
what i wrote is just me showing one of my peeves i hate when people say " i helped" when all they did was make a suggestion on something. nothing against drakorex.

on a side note..@fledge68, were in the ini is the first page for the "exit to".. (settings,reload.ect..).. i have the icons set for the second page.(it has the look of source page with the icons.).. but the first page with out them makes it look like crap. with the button style.. thank you. NEVERMIND found it. closer to the bottom of the ini.
last edit: this shit is a pain in the ass... i had the icons showing, but they are shadowed by the "buttons".( buttons over top of the icons.. looks like pure crap.. so unless i can figure a work around. it's a no go.. unless fledge68 helps out, mybe set "exit to" up like the source buttons, with their own ini's an stuff. or redo the ini to read buttons from themes..( like mconfig= settings.) not the buttons that are currently being used.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very sorry Shortz didn't mean to step on any toes. I guess help was the wrong word to use. I just made some changes and submitted them to you. Have you tried it yet? Or have I wasted my time again by trying to help?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very sorry Shortz didn't mean to step on any toes. I guess help was the wrong word to use. I just made some changes and submitted them to you. Have you tried it yet? Or have I wasted my time again by trying to help?
you didn't step on any toes dude. haven't had a chance yet to test.. it's been crazy here. as soon as i get a chance i will.. if you would like to help read the above post.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well anyway I was able to achieve an animated look by use of user1 and 2 which I believe is what you were going for. Also did some other fixes. Its all in the change log. A couple concerns though. The source menu has randomly missing icons(the buttons are still there but the images come and go. Tried both from default source and from theme folder.) And also getting some banner corruption with this theme. Curious to what caused this. I noticed that there are a few copies of some images, each assigned to something different. Would any harm come from multiple functions using the same image? (Game settings and main settings, for example) Not trying to criticize,its a great theme,just my thoughts.

@Shortz1994, if you want I could take a look at it and see what I can do. Perhaps. Once you view the work I've done so far, your confidence in me will be boosted a tad. Honestly I don't give a crap about being credited. I just wanna help make something awesome a little bit better

Reactions: 1 person

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I don't know what to say and how to say it ... check this out :P

Abz_SM_v2_RC.jpg

Changelog:
* Extended setup icons
* removed many old duplicate icons and replaced many by new ones (using console logo mainly)
* added golden frame for selected icon
* using mastershoes naming convention for easy switching (still, many icons have original naming since they are new to the set)
* many plugins are still not available but I included them anyways
* some icons have white background (look nicer this way)
* I also included a blank white/black icons + CPT file for ease of use

RC because I need to update the ini file later
Please let me know if anything is missing or if any adjustments are needed
Hope you like it: http://www.mediafire.com/?fm46y2y6lmw9yuq

Abz :)

Reactions: 5 people

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Abz_SM_v2_RC.jpg

Changelog:
* Extended setup icons
* removed many old duplicate icons and replaced many by new ones (using console logo mainly)
* using mastershoes naming convention for easy switching (still, many icons have original naming since they are new to the set)

Hope you like it: http://www.mediafire...fm46y2y6lmw9yuq

Wow man, now that's what I'm talkin' about.. GREAT WORK Abz!!!!

I'll add the additional names you included for retroarch (the "_R" 's, gambetta, etc.) to the list as the standard.. unless you wanna use "retro_" or "_retro" instead of the "R"? - Any thoughts?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

Abz_SM_v2_RC.jpg

Changelog:
* Extended setup icons

Hope you like it: http://www.mediafire...fm46y2y6lmw9yuq

Yep.. this shiz tastes real good right here... :toot:
Seriously the only icon I wish was different is the VC/WW emunand icon. personally I usually swap the emunand & nand icons because I use the emunand icon very much and it's just not lively enough for me, I prefer the channels look that the nand icon provides, if I could get rid of the REAL NAND wording on that icon it would be perfect. That's just an extremely minor quirk though and it really takes away nothing from a pretty glorious set. Thanks.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I understand if it'd be hard to implement and it's not THAT important but with us now more than before having multiple plugins that can play the same ROM's I though it would be nice to make each button in the source menu accept multiple magic numbers.

Maybe you could separate it by commas or something ... kinda like this
magic=46434555,4d45444e
(fceu gx and wiimednafen in the abz's source_menu.ini posted above.)
so that when we hit the button it would check both those boxes on the plugins setting screen and take better advantage of the that menu's ability to mix and match plugins in the same coverflow.

That way we could, for example, set the games that run TOO FAST with not64 to use wii64 and visa versa for those that just DON'T WORK in wii64.
We could do the same thing for any problem games specific to one emulator with any other emulator, too, or have all arcade games from their various emulators in the same coverflow.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...