Hacking WiiFlow

yumraaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I am new to this please dont FLAME me for posting this question here.

I have just done an SVN check out for wiiflow and got all the required file in the wiiflow folder on my desktop. So when I tried to make the app by using Devkit Pro, it keeps giving me this error:

> "make"
make[1]: /c/Documents: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/c/Documents'. Stop.
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:00

Please help me guys. Thanks

yumraaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Narolez said:
@yumraaj: Do not use folder names with spaces, devkitPro does not support spaces in folder names.

Sorry mate Dont understand. What do you mean by not using spaces in Devkitpro? All I am doing is opening wiiflow project with devkit and just click on make. How do I make it without any spaces? Thanks for replying mate.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yumraaj said:
Narolez said:
@yumraaj: Do not use folder names with spaces, devkitPro does not support spaces in folder names.

Sorry mate Dont understand. What do you mean by not using spaces in Devkitpro? All I am doing is opening wiiflow project with devkit and just click on make. How do I make it without any spaces? Thanks for replying mate.
He means that the path of your project can't contain a space anywhere

For example: c:/documents and settings/
Would be a bad place to put your DevkirPro and project as "documents and settings" has 2 spaces in its name.

Better would be: c:/devKitPro/ or something like that

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone able to play NewU: Fitness First Personal Trainer PAL game on a NTSC wii using this loader? CFG loads it fine but I want to play it from WiiFlow, I have USA NTSC wii... tried almost all settings but always get "an error as occured, please eject the disk ..."

thanks!

Sargos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I used WiiFlow to download the cover for Mario and Sonic Winter Olympic Games it only downloaded a low res cover for the front of the box. The back of the box is blank. Also when I was watching the download, it didn't get it from wiitdb.com but from some .nl site.

I did a full redownload of all covers and it still did the same thing.

All of my other games have good covers.

Any idea why this is? Is my config wrong? Will it download the good one in a few days? Also, where did the .nl site come from?

This post has been edited by Sargos: Today, 03:58 PM

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I am asking a lot but would it be posible to add a dvd luncher to run games and a title luncher to start channels like usb loader gx. That would make this loader not only look great but give it away of doing more then just running wii games. The code that usb loader gx has in it works great and should be easy I thank to add in to this great looking loader. Thanks and I hope I see these things added soon it would make this loader my new mii system menu.

yumraaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone please help me out. I'm trying to edit wiiflow but its giving errors so I tried to download a fresh source and make it without any modification but it still giving me errors and I can't make out waht the problem is????

This is the error:
> "make"
config.cpp
In file included from c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/text.hpp:9,
from c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/config.cpp:5:
c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/FreeTypeGX.h:155:22: warning: ft2build.h: No such file or directory
c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/FreeTypeGX.h:156:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or
c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/FreeTypeGX.h:157:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or
In file included from c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/text.hpp:9,
from c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/config.cpp:5:
c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/FreeTypeGX.h:220: error: 'FT_Library' does not name a type
c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/FreeTypeGX.h:221: error: 'FT_Face' does not name a type
c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/FreeTypeGX.h:222: error: 'FT_GlyphSlot' does not name a type
c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/FreeTypeGX.h:223: error: 'FT_UInt' does not name a type
c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/FreeTypeGX.h:246: error: 'FT_Bitmap' has not been declared
c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/FreeTypeGX.h:255: error: 'FT_Long' has not been declared
c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/FreeTypeGX.h:255: error: 'FT_UInt' has not been declared
c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/FreeTypeGX.h:256: error: 'FT_Long' has not been declared
c:/devkitPro/wiiflow/source/gui/FreeTypeGX.h:256: error: 'FT_UInt' has not been declared
make[1]: *** [config.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:05

Thanks

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got 1.0 wiiflow, I want 1.1...do I just replace the wiiflow_249.dol with the new one and continue on my merry way?

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Sorry to ask but all the wads in the full version are already been tested ? only asking cuz dont wanna bannerbrick since i have no protection against a posible brick.Thanks for ur answer

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wimu said:
Sorry to ask but all the wads in the full version are already been tested ? only asking cuz dont wanna bannerbrick since i have no protection against a posible brick.Thanks for ur answer
First off, yes all the wads are safe. A lot of work went into this loader and all of it's components, so be sure that nobody would release harmful wads, plus this thread is old now, and any problems would've been caught and fixed by now.

Second, there absolutely NO GOOD REASON NOT to have protection against banner bricks. If you don't bother trying to install Bootmii as boot2 (if possible), or even Preloader to help yourself recover from low-level bricks, then you shouldn't be modding anything on your Wii. I'm not being rude, but there's simply no excuse. You can spend a couple minutes adding protection to your Wii, or spend eternity worrying about causing bricks. What makes more sense?

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yeah u r probably right man but every time i try to install preolader i get errors.I cant get it to be installed trying to use all version available 0.29 from crediar ,0.29 JODI and 0.30 r4 from phpgeek and daco.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
We now have a updatable version of WiiFlow among with other fixes...you can unpdate from inside the loader to our branch of wiiflow...we'll also add new features shortly

WiiFlow 1.2RC2 is simply a compatibilty test

it also uses a cover repo hosted at GamingExposed.com...this will grow more and more
and new features will be pushed to update shortly

See Here

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
kLiNiKaL said:
We now have a updatable version of WiiFlow among with other fixes...you can unpdate from inside the loader to our branch of wiiflow...we'll also add new features shortly

WiiFlow 1.2RC2 is simply a compatibilty test

it also uses a cover repo hosted at GamingExposed.com...this will grow more and more
and new features will be pushed to update shortly

See Here
WTF is going on here?

-Another team that continues on WiiFlow? So this isn't OpenWiiFlow or from Hibern?
-cIOS rev15? I thought Wanin hasn't that much Beta-Testers...and is he realy working on a new one?
-A new Cover Repo? Seems pretty useless...WiiTDB is already perfect.

I have to admit, I'm pretty sad, if this is a version from another team. Worst thing that can happen (in my opinion) is if this great Loader will have too many Versions from other teams, and too many features. Please, don't let this happen...
frown.gif
. Team up, and don't make it an massive overload (like USBLoader GX).

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
that's what i didn't want to see too.......
Dunno what is the problem with the other wiiflow's project.....why not adding your features to this one , it's an open project.....
And of course don't know where is the problem with WiiTDB...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4