Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

WiiFree 1.22 + Source Released

Free, open source Wii modchip

WiiFree.gif

WiiFree, a free open source Wii modchip, has been brought up to version 1.22 and along with this release comes the source code for the project.

Wii Newz said:
The WiiFree Team have released version 1.22, which should correct previous DRE issues. The archive also includes the much requested SOURCE CODE!!! Yes, this project is now truly "open source." Let's hope this helps progress the future of FREE solutions.

You will need a PIC programmer and PIC microchip to build your own WiiFree modchip.

changelogHopefully fixed the support for D2B!! (that happens if you don't have D2B to test with... and not enough sleep ;-) )

It is done. Team Wiifree proudly presents the WiiFree

This code is based on the famous WABCheap mod!!

It does not support all the advanced features supported by commercial chips.

This is what is does:

- Run gamecube originals

- Run Wii originals

- Run Wii backups

- Support for D2A and D2B!!

- Support for 12F629 and 12F683 chips (the installation for the 12F683 is the same as the 12F629)

WiiFree is Free!!! So do not sell it, but share it!!

download.gif
Download

icon11.gif
Source

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
Which is better, this or Chiip? It seems Chiip might be cheaper/easier if you build the programmer as well, plus it has Gamecube backup support.

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Granted it's free, some of us don't have PIC programmers or much knowledge of electronics. I think they'd make a killing in funding if they sold pre-done PIC Chips with the code on it. Even I would fork out 10-15$ to have this done for me, and they could also use the funds towards furthering the project. Kinda like a donation! That's just my opinion though..

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, the Chiip developer messed that up in his first beta (original Wii discs didn't run anymore XD), so I guess it's good to know...

Frz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
frz.cc
XP
Country
Gambia, The

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heh still easier, cheaper, and more convenient to buy a modchip. I didn't think $39.99 was expensive for one. The original viper chip was way overpriced at $70+ when it came out. I wouldn't worry about 40 bucks. Probably end up spending at least $40 on the programmer and all the hardware. No such thing as a free mod chip unless someone gives you the hardware.

Sonstwer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
heh still easier, cheaper, and more convenient to buy a modchip. I didn't think $39.99 was expensive for one. The original viper chip was way overpriced at $70+ when it came out. I wouldn't worry about 40 bucks. Probably end up spending at least $40 on the programmer and all the hardware. No such thing as a free mod chip unless someone gives you the hardware.

40 USD for the chip used for the WiiFree and the parts for the programmer would be quite a rip-off - I just checked a well known mail-order electronics company in Germany (Reichelt) and everything sums up to about 2.60 EUR. A PIC programmer can be really simple, see http://www.ps2-scene.org/forums/380789-post39.html for an example.

IIRC some people over on WiiNewz mentioned buying a pre-built programmer from eBay and even those wouldn't raise the price to your limit.

For me the WiiFree was actually free, I had a 12F675 and all parts for the programmer lying around.
biggrin.gif

joeglens

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is only recommended for people who really knows the ins and outs of electronics and/or microcontrollers.

Me im building 1 myself. I already have a decent home made PIC programmer (http://picallw.feniks-pro.com/pdf/p16pro.pdf) and i have 12F629 and 12F675 lying around from my previous projects.

If you want to buy chips, buy direct from microchip (http://www.microchipdirect.com/productsearch.aspx?Keywords=12f629)
cost only $0.93 (12F629-I/P PDIP package) for 1-25 pcs order, cheaper for bulk orders

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4