Hacking WiiScrubber 1.4 Multiboot

angeloeo

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
I think I found a Bug.

I'm trying to build an +8,5GB ISO to use it with de USBLoader. Basically I want to make a BIG Sing It Custom. (I know USB mic's doesn't work yet)

I used filechop to 'extend' the iso file and Wiiscrubber to Resize the partition.

The point is :
Wiiscruber raises an error when I try to resize a partition to about 10GB.

I think the problem is in the Imagesize calculation.

thanks.

PD: I'm spanish, sorry for my english.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting an error of "Unable to open key.bin" I do have the key.bin file in the same place where WiiScrubber is saved at, what am I doing wrong? thanks

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep
wink.gif

Scrub works out the usage table of the disc and then overwrites the unused areas with ffs, making the resulting ISO image compressible. This compressible area is scattered through the disc.

Trim works out where the data is in the disc and then moves it up to the start of the partition. It puts all the free space at the end. This allows you to then do more disc manipulation by having all the free space in one area e.g. add extra partitions to the disc.

Scrub doesn't fakesign the disc, Trim does.

zero80472

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.scotscraftmc.com
XP
Country
iv got a game that has mulitboot but i can only load the first game when i am using the mulitboot channal i cant slecet the other game but when i use wiiscrubber to look at the iso it says bad partiton on the other paritions for the other game#

PNJLj

Trophies
XP
Country
so i understand the difference between the Scrub & Trim, but which should i choose while using the Wode?

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
PNJLj said:
so i understand the difference between the Scrub & Trim, but which should i choose while using the Wode?
If you don't need the trim functionality (or don't know if you need it) then use scrub, because the original signing is intact.

Other scrubber programs (any WBFS manager for example) fill the non used areas with 0x00 instead of 0xff. This means that the ISO may consume less disk memory (sparse files).

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you trim a game, then you need a trucha bugged IOS for everything that has to read the game. this means to load it from the system menu, you need a fakesigning bug in its IOS, to load it from geckoOS, you need the bug in IOS36. you also need the bug present in the IOS that it used to boot the game.

its a lot of hoops to jump through just to use a trimmed ISO. you're better off just scrubbing, or even booting a .wbfs file from the wode. neither of those require any signing stuff to happen.

Akinraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering.... Once a file is scrubbed/compressed, can this then be played, while still scrubbed/compressed via a loader such as Configurable USB Loader?

I have looked around and this has not been asked as far as I have found.

M.A.M.E. does this with ROMS, so I assume this may have been one of your original goals?

PottieSA

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Can someone please tell me how to do the following:

3. Can change the bootmode of unusually defined boot mode discs

in 1.31 you just right clicked on WII DISC and selected to change the boot mode. I have a couple that is "S" and not supported by 1.31 and they don't work on my Wii as well.

Thanks

Videogamer555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has NO VIRUS. I have Wii Scrubber 1.3 and no AV software says any virus is in the key generator. I have Nortons on one computer and AVG on another. Neither report a virus in it.

hireplas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you could help me it would be GREAT, so anyway i load my games iso, then whenever i try to load it in wii scrubber i get this

"i_o read" message then the program just shuts down, why is it doing this?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
8ghy6 said:
whenever i load the multiboot app on my wii, it frezzes. what am i doing wrong
hate2.gif

Are you seriously trying to run several Wii games from one disc? Why? Do you know about usb loading?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work