Gaming Will these specs be able to run 720p anime ok?

timgorden11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I'm looking to get a cheap spare computer for the family room and I'd like to know if people think the specs of one I've found will be able to play 720p (or maybe even 1080p) soft subbed .mkv anime smoothly (using mpc with coreavc or vlc)

Intel Dual Core - E5700 3.0Ghz - 4GB DDR3 RAM - Integrated (Onboard) Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500

Thanks
smile.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've successfully played 1080p mkv files on my laptop which contains an SU7300, a CPU which should be much less powerful than the one you're using while still not having the CPU load go over 70%. Granted, I did use CCCP in conjunction with CoreAVC, but I can't see any reason why your computer shouldn't be able to play 720p/1080p videos.

timgorden11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies.

The main thing I'm worried about is the graphics card. It's only an Integrated Intel GMA X4500 (which i've heard isn't very good)

You think it'll be ok even without a dedicated card?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
timgorden11 said:
Thanks for the replies.

The main thing I'm worried about is the graphics card. It's only an Integrated Intel GMA X4500 (which i've heard isn't very good)

Said laptop I mentioned earlier has an Intel GMA X4500M HD so I'm sure it'll work.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timgorden11 said:
Thanks for the replies.

If you want to do any gaming with that you'd be in trouble. For just 720p and mkv you should be fine.

timgorden11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
Said laptop I mentioned earlier has an Intel GMA X4500M HD so I'm sure it'll work.

The X4500M in this pc isn't a X4500M HD (I assume the HD part makes some difference lol)

QUOTE(doyama @ Jun 8 2011, 02:12 PM) If you want to do any gaming with that you'd be in trouble. For just 720p and mkv you should be fine.

I'm not really that much of a pc gamer, the only ones I've been playing recently are Minecraft and Terraria (but this comp is mainly for anime so I'm not worried about that)

D

Deleted User

a 3 Ghz dual core should run everything fine... and yeah, you could easily grab a low-budget video card to help if that's what you need/want. Something like a 4650.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Both 4500 and 4500 HD have H.264 hardware decoding, the difference being that the HD supports full 1080P hardware decoding while the non HD will need some cpu juice to do it.

You need windows vista or 7 and is automatically activated in WMP with the latest driver.

You can always use this utility to see if hardware decoding is enabled on your computer
http://imouto.my/mirrors/DXVAChecker32_2.5.0.zip

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
timgorden11 said:
Hello,

I'm looking to get a cheap spare computer for the family room and I'd like to know if people think the specs of one I've found will be able to play 720p (or maybe even 1080p) soft subbed .mkv anime smoothly (using mpc with coreavc or vlc)

Intel Dual Core - E5700 3.0Ghz - 4GB DDR3 RAM - Integrated (Onboard) Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500

Thanks
smile.gif
You might find that softsubbed advanced effects like karaoke might lag, but just enable drop frames somewhere and it won't be noticable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk