shamiko_

~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
just found out today that our school started rolling out windows 7. slowly.

today only one room has computers installed with windows 7 (Office 2010 was installed on the computers of that room on tuesday)

I've yet to try it though, next Tuesday i'll see what's it like...

that is all.
biggrin.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Windows 7 isn't that impressive. Not much to get excited about. It's a Windows OS.

My school uses Ubuntu and XP on the PC's.

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heh, we still use Windows XP.

This one time we got a lesson about Windows 7, we found the crack that the school used...

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:

Sorry to hear that.

My college can afford to upgrade their OS whenever they feel like it, so all of the computers on campus were upgraded to Windows 7 last summer.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
m3rox said:
Nathan Drake said:

Sorry to hear that.

My college can afford to upgrade their OS whenever they feel like it, so all of the computers on campus were upgraded to Windows 7 last summer.

I'm in a really poor high school. I'm surprised we aren't running Windows 95.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
m3rox said:
Nathan Drake said:

Sorry to hear that.

I'm in a really poor high school. I'm surprised we aren't running Windows 95.

Ah, that's why. Yeah, all of the local high schools (unless you're in some place like Lake Oswego), tend to be dirt poor.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I noticed a few days ago where I work that some of the computers now have win7 stickers (and the license thingy) on them, (about 600 computers here so they frequently break/get replaced) but IT for whatever reason has installed XP on them, we must have 30 or 40 win7 licenses not being used atm. Not very cost effective
dry.gif

I would assume it's something to do with security software we use and/or other compatibilty issues.

D

Deleted-236924

My school has Windows 7... But they chose to use the ugly classic theme...
Plus, they put restrictions so that nobody can change the settings on the computer, but it's really pointless since they get reset to default as soon as the computer is turned off!
Good thing I know how to bypass that restriction.

Dash_2

Hello I'm Dash!
Trophies
Website
www.gofundme.com
XP
Country
m3rox said:
Nathan Drake said:

Sorry to hear that.

its college i mean when you are paying 100+ dollars per course umm they should have money to upgrade their computers...

as for the rest windows 7 is a mix of xp and vista imo.... I'm using that windows 8 and thats a mash up of their w7p and a rip of mac osx lion :\

the schools here are still on xp... thats some sad stuff

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
My school has Windows 7... But they chose to use the ugly classic theme...
Plus, they put restrictions so that nobody can change the settings on the computer, but it's really pointless since they get reset to default as soon as the computer is turned off!
Good thing I know how to bypass that restriction.

Classic theme uses less system resources. You'll want it if you're doing anything art related.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My school is filled with old Dell P4 2.4 computers running XP (this may change as my current school is changing locations). We also have (ridiculously overpriced) Alienware Aurora ALXs for Comm Tech (with i7 930s and dual ATI 5770s+Windows 7).

And next year my school is putting Macbooks as a class requirement (our school is being sponsored by Apple Canada). Although I personally don't like Macs, I don't mind since the admins at my school are awesome, they're completely fine with students using Hackintosh.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
My school is filled with old Dell P4 2.4 computers running XP (this may change as my current school is changing locations). We also have (ridiculously overpriced) Alienware Aurora ALXs for Comm Tech (with i7 930s and dual ATI 5770s+Windows 7).

And next year my school is putting Macbooks as a class requirement (our school is being sponsored by Apple Canada). Although I personally don't like Macs, I don't mind since the admins at my school are awesome, they're completely fine with students using Hackintosh.
I'm not sure what you mean by requirement. Is your school forcing you to by a Mac? Or will all classroom computers just be Macs?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My school computers are slow-as-hell dell Windows XP computers, with Word 97 (except in the tech classes, they get word 2007, but still the slow XP computers)

Hopefully that will change, though, because our school just won a bunch of money (I think from Staples?) in a contest to use towards new computers and stuff, so I am hoping next year we will have something better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, she means grow more +1