Wolves coming to minecraft

D

Deleted User

Does anyone know when they are adding this cuz im stoked for it im gonna have like a whole petting zoo (if i can get the other animals in my house) and maybe dog races(with out the killin[MAYBE!! MWAHA])

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
Maedhros said:
Maedhros said:
There are three things I wanted to see implemented in Minecraft:

- Money/Currency (to make shops useable) No.
- More craftables (specially decorations) Give it time; plenty is to come.
- Modes for adventures (well, this is already a promise). Yep, already on the way.
At least a game mode with currency... sometimes it's boring just making stuff... there's almost no interaction between players on most of the servers.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this in mind.
WHY? Please tell me the need for an actual currency?
What would it add to the game that can't be done by exchange of materials?

I really hate to single out a particular group of people, but when it comes to online games I REALLY hate Brazilians... and this sums it up perfectly: http://www.lolbot.net/pix/2956.png
I cannot recall how many free MMO servers have been ruined by an influx of Brazilians doing stupid shit like this.
I agree, although the Brazilian thing is a tad bit stereotypical. Still, I forgot which game, but everywhere I went I had someone approach me and go... "br?"

Minecraft (SMP) is a game of cooperating with each other, surviving, and building whatever you want.
An exchange of materials would be way more beneficial and logical than having an in-game currency.

Players who like to go beyond the main sense of Minecraft will create mods to suit their needs. Notch is adding official mod API support soon, so it should be sufficient enough.
But officially, no, there should not be an in-game currency.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be excited about this but I've been modding my game up the yin-yang. That, and I recently downloaded the updated Mo' Creatures which has wolves.

D

Deleted-236924

Dangy said:
TDWP FTW said:
Dangy said:
Terminator02 said:
how can video evidence of a future feature be a rumor?

Never heard of mods?
Ever heard of reading? It says the video is by Jeb, one of the other Minecraft developers. Notch doesn't post about mods in detail, and if he did, he would say it's a mod.

I just went by the contents of this thread. I don't know who the hell Jeb is.

I don't go on the Minecraft forums often, excuuuuseeee me.
When we say "if you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk", that's what we mean.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dangy said:
TDWP FTW said:
Dangy said:
Terminator02 said:

Never heard of mods?
Ever heard of reading? It says the video is by Jeb, one of the other Minecraft developers. Notch doesn't post about mods in detail, and if he did, he would say it's a mod.

I don't go on the Minecraft forums often. Well excuuuuseeee me, princess.
Fixed.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Sausage Head said:
This is like a week old news, and it isn't really news.

Posting what's coming in minecraft =/= news
Not really. Notch said he was going to add dogs, but no one knew when, and these are wolves, not dogs (He's counting them as dogs though). And it is news. Doesn't matter if it's only related to something specific in a game, etc...It's still news nonetheless.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
machomuu said:
I would be excited about this but I've been modding my game up the yin-yang. That, and I recently downloaded the updated Mo' Creatures which has wolves.
Those wolves, however, can't be tamed and be commanded like these wolves. Besides that, I think these wolves are more awesome.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Berthenk said:
machomuu said:
Those wolves, however, can't be tamed and be commanded like these wolves. Besides that, I think these wolves are more awesome.
No doubt, besides, I almost always prefer official releases to mod releases, they are usually of higher quality.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
Dangy said:
TDWP FTW said:
Dangy said:
Terminator02 said:

Never heard of mods?

I don't go on the Minecraft forums often, excuuuuseeee me.
When we say "if you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk", that's what we mean.
GIve him a break guys. Just going by this thread there is no source quoted, nothing to make it look official. Just a video of some wolves. Not exactly "irrefutable proof" in just this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply...