Not open for further replies.

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
edisonbebo said:
what advantange does this firmware have over r4 1.18 and ysmenu cuz i can play pretty much all the new games with ysmenu?does this have wii support?

...look under your username... it says newbie...
hate2.gif

totally explanatory.

r4 1.18 is pretty useless. I sell them so I know. the ysmenu helped a hell of a lot but with this firmware it is obsolete in comparison. Yes it has wii support.

not a good start to your rep man...
ph34r.gif

J3/\/\133

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
because its a better card (hardware wise) than the acekard 2 (a/k/a ak2.1 and ak2i).
because coding is fun.
because challenges are fun.

-another world
True enough, you can't fault how damn fast the R4 loads roms can you?

Is that down to how the software works or does the R4 simply have faster hardware?

edisonbebo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jemlee said:
edisonbebo said:
what advantange does this firmware have over r4 1.18 and ysmenu cuz i can play pretty much all the new games with ysmenu?does this have wii support?

hate2.gif

totally explanatory.

r4 1.18 is pretty useless. I sell them so I know. the ysmenu helped a hell of a lot but with this firmware it is obsolete in comparison.

ph34r.gif

J3/\/\133
wow...-_- i was just asking a question,damm,i don't know much about acekard firmware,thats y i asked,i've just used a single flashcart and its the r4.and not newbew i just don't log on gbatemp,i've been using this site for a long time

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Another World said:
DjoeN said:
Translated the menu to a quick dirty Dutch translation, works nice so far.

if you want to make that official, finish it up and host it on filetrip and then PM me a link. I'll put it in the top post.

-another world

link to the file in pm sended to you

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am r4ymond said:
I can't use my current Save Files when using this Firmware - why is that? (I have the games and save files in a folder)
I haven't tested the firmware, but the saves are now formatted as .nds.sav, instead of .sav.

You might also have to convert R4 savs to Acekard RPG savs using shunyweb.info but I'm really not sure.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeroPF said:
I am r4ymond said:
I can't use my current Save Files when using this Firmware - why is that? (I have the games and save files in a folder)
Are your saves in .nds.sav format?

Wow, I saw that Extension when I was trying to make Backup Save Files. I guess I'll give that a go.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jemlee said:
edisonbebo said:

hate2.gif

totally explanatory.

r4 1.18 is pretty useless. I sell them so I know. the ysmenu helped a hell of a lot but with this firmware it is obsolete in comparison. Yes it has wii support.

ph34r.gif

J3/\/\133

Should have not typed that bold text, makes you sound like rep matters on the internet 0.0

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
because its a better card (hardware wise) than the acekard 2 (a/k/a ak2.1 and ak2i).
because coding is fun.
because challenges are fun.

-another world
Is he going to port it to other carts? And I thought he hated everything with a R4 in its name? Will acekard team get pissed?

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Hold on, isn't this effectively running a variant of Acekard's firmware on the R4?

Will Team Acekard even be happy about that?

nononono....

wood rpg is not by team acekard it is a CUSTOM firmware by yellow wood goblin for the AK RPG. therefore since HE released this one too there are no problems
lecture.gif

J3/\/\133

Mages4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I swear, if this makes me regret getting my Acekard -Goes Emo-
Alright, can someone with an AK2i post a side by side comparison, same theme, same game, boot it up, go in game, and do whatever you'd usually do? (Ie. Pokemon, fight a Pokemon). Then report back on the times and stuff o-o -Headdesk-

Is the old R4 better than an Acekard 2i now o-o

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Woa this looks great! What really attracts me is the theme! I WANT A THEME AND FEEL SOMETHING INSIDE every time i turn on the DS, already tired of the dull YS menu xD though it really has helped a lot... although recently i just turned it on and the menu was in white and black 0.0,..fixed the next day

I am r4ymond said:
ZeroPF said:
I am r4ymond said:
Are your saves in .nds.sav format?

Wow, I saw that Extension when I was trying to make Backup Save Files. I guess I'll give that a go.

Did it worked when you changed the file extension? 0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, furry grandma?