Hacking Would I be making a profit?

Zantetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, to start off, I have a custom modded Nintendo Wii that is really crappy. I had a failed wiikey installed in it and the case mod is all scratched up (Why did I pick chrome? >_

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If his wii only reads gamecube games, then do you not think that buying it would be a stupid idea...

dry.gif

And if for some wierd reason the drive was not the cause, then putting a different drive in it will not make it sellable (as it still won't read wii games...)

You need to find out what the problem with the wii is and fix it, or your plan won't succeed.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joey90 said:
If his wii only reads gamecube games, then do you not think that buying it would be a stupid idea...

dry.gif

And if for some wierd reason the drive was not the cause, then putting a different drive in it will not make it sellable (as it still won't read wii games...)

You need to find out what the problem with the wii is and fix it, or your plan won't succeed.

i don't think you fully understand his plan. he is buying the Wii that only reads GC games and he is going to swap the drive in hopes that this fixes the issue. he knows the other Wii won't read Wii games. he is going to be a jerk and sell it to someone who is stupid (perhaps a retarded person).

i don't know if switching drives would do something to the Wii or not. if the drive is a different model than the one you are swapping it with couldn't that cause issues? also, why didn't your friend send his Wii into Nintendo to fix it instead of buying a new one? why don't you buy the one from him and YOU can send it into Nintendo. then when Nintendo sends you back the working Wii, you can mod it and not worry about switching drives. then you can still sell your case modded Wii (that will read Wii games) to a smart person because the thing would actually work.

EDIT: wait, i may have read that wrong. are you planning on putting your new modchip on the drive that doesn't read Wii games?

Zantetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joey90 said:

WOW! I really can't believe I didn't think of this. I feel way to stupid >_<

priapism said:
i don't think you fully understand his plan. he is buying the Wii that only reads GC games and he is going to swap the drive in hopes that this fixes the issue. he knows the other Wii won't read Wii games. he is going to be a jerk and sell it to someone who is stupid (perhaps a retarded person).

Actually, he understood my plan. I was just being extremely stupid at the time.

priapism said:
i don't know if switching drives would do something to the Wii or not. if the drive is a different model than the one you are swapping it with couldn't that cause issues?

Modchipcentral sells modded drives and mentions that whatever the drive version is, it will work with your wii. I'm sure I can take there word
tongue.gif

QUOTE(priapism @ Aug 29 2008, 09:34 AM) also, why didn't your friend send his Wii into Nintendo to fix it instead of buying a new one?

He was afraid that his mom would "yell at him". I think he bought the backup wii without his mom knowing. Pretty pathetic, if you ask me >_>

QUOTE(priapism @ Aug 29 2008, 09:34 AM)
why don't you buy the one from him and YOU can send it into Nintendo. then when Nintendo sends you back the working Wii, you can mod it and not worry about switching drives. then you can still sell your case modded Wii (that will read Wii games) to a smart person because the thing would actually work.

Another plan that would work! I love you ^.^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...