Hacking WTF R4DS moonshell

beve

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
umm isn't moonshell meant to boot .nds files as well as run multimedia cause when i try to run some homebrew in .nds files it goes and spits up in my my face mocking me say not support adapter type! its r4ds moonshell download from there site and it sy not support adapter type i have a max media dock to i run moonshell on it for music photos and stuff it i was made for the max media dock and it dose the same thing and spits up saying not support adapter type dose moonshell hate me or have i got the wrong info on moonshell and it dose'nt run .nds files help
unsure.gif

yukia666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ummm... I don't quite understand what you are trying to ask, but you DO understand that Moonshell isn't meant to RUN .nds files right? It never was supposed to... And I don't think that it's saying "hahaha" in your face... It's just saying, "What are you doing? I'm suppose to play DPG files and MP3 files only, and photo/picture files... I'm not a Slot-1 firmware T_T".

Moonshell is only for playing movie (.dpg) files, and certain music files, and is able to load photos. Hopefully this answers your problem, but if it doesn't, use google, and search up on Moonshell.

Good Luck~

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell doesn't boot nds files, but there are modified versions that the EZ Team and SC Team use for their firmwares(meaning they DO boot nds files). The R4 version is just like a repackaged Moonshell or something. Support for the DLDI and maybe the softreset. And I'm pretty sure the SC and EZ firmwares WILL NOT work on other flashcarts.

It should, however, run multimedia files.

QUOTE said:
The player supports DPG video files, MP3 / OGG / MOD / SPC / MDX (no PCM) / GBS / HES / NSF / XM / MIDI / low bit rate AAC audio / non-progressive JPEG / BMP / GIF / PNG images, and text files. MoonShell plays fullscreen videos at 20fps and widescreen videos at 24fps, with joint stereo sound at a samplerate of 32.768KHz.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
My Moonshell on R4 will boot some homebrew, but never commercial roms.
lecture.gif

Hmmm... I just tried it out too. About the same compatibility as Sakura since Sakura is based on Moonshell and it doesn't support DLDI patching. Sakura will play some homebrew and no commercial roms.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell's ability to boot homebrew *.nds files was mostly for supported slot-2 devices only. Works fine for my on my Supercard miniSD for instance, and it's the only way I can get WinDS to run on the device at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1