Hacking Question Xci games update/DLC in SX OS in normal mode?

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
There are few things I've been wondering about the SX OS, but couldn't find the answer anywhere even after reading all those threads aound here.

When you update an official game or DLC, sometime it occurred to me that the system is checking the update for other games installed or launched before on the system, and updating them if needed.
And I guess the .XCI games icon stay in the home screen like any other official cartridge game do, even in normal mode.

I could be wrong, but doesn't it mean that no matter if you stay online or not when using a XCI game, if you update an official game or just get online in normal mode, the data for the other previously launched XCI games will be sent to Nintendo anyway?
If that the case, doesn't it mean that no matter how careful we are, if we use a XCI game at some point we will sure get banned eventually?

And if I'm wrong and just being offline when using the SX OS mode is enough, is there a way to automatically switch off the wifi when in this mode and back on when in normal mode?

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are few things I've been wondering about the SX OS, but couldn't find the answer anywhere even after reading all those threads aound here.

When you update an official game or DLC, sometime it occurred to me that the system is checking the update for other games installed or launched before on the system, and updating them if needed.
And I guess the .XCI games icon stay in the home screen like any other official cartridge game do, even in normal mode.

I could be wrong, but doesn't it mean that no matter if you stay online or not when using a XCI game, if you update an official game or just get online in normal mode, the data for the other previously launched XCI games will be sent to Nintendo anyway?
If that the case, doesn't it mean that no matter how careful we are, if we use a XCI game at some point we will sure get banned eventually?

And if I'm wrong and just being offline when using the SX OS mode is enough, is there a way to automatically switch off the wifi when in this mode and back on when in normal mode?

you are going a million different directions here but here we go.

yes, even in " normal mode" any update information is sent to nintendo MEANING that if you update a game, and that game either has no cert, or a frequently used cert, thats a ban for you, objectively. As far as data that sent to nintendo, its possible, we dont really know the scope of what nintendo does and does not see, but to answer your last question, yes there is, you mayve heard of this this obscure feature called " airplane mode".

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
you are going a million different directions here but here we go.

yes, even in " normal mode" any update information is sent to nintendo MEANING that if you update a game, and that game either has no cert, or a frequently used cert, thats a ban for you, objectively. As far as data that sent to nintendo, its possible, we dont really know the scope of what nintendo does and does not see, but to answer your last question, yes there is, you mayve heard of this this obscure feature called " airplane mode".
Thanks for your cynic answer.

In a million different direction? How so? I have only two very clear questions, I was very specific about those.
But let me sum it up for you:
1. Won't the previously launched XCI games be updated AUTOMATICALLY once online in the NORMAL mode, leading to a probable ban, no matter how careful you are?
2. Is there a way to switch the wifi state AUTOMATICALLY when changing between SX OS and normal mode?

If you read carefully in my first post or this post, I wasn't speaking about updating the game itself, I was wondering about the games being sometime updated automatically when online.
It would obviously be incredibly dumb to try to update an "unofficial" game manually.

Air plane mode? Does it allow the switch to fly?
Haha just trolling, once again you didn't read me well, I wasn't asking for a way to cut the wifi manually (something ANYBODY who used technology in the last decade should know), but for a way to SWITCH IT ON AND OFF AUTOMATICALLY when changing mode.

Last edited by Stremon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia