Gaming XCM Black Knight II Case and Green DVD Gate Mods

Logan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bought both items from http://www.thegametrain.com. Installation took about 2 hours from start to finish. Lot of screws to remember about! Luckily guides on the same website are quite in depth and show which screws go where on reassembly.

The quality of the case is damn good. I was careful not to scratch any patinwork, but it looks well painted. Only niggles were a couple of black studs on the casing that shouldn't be there, preventing the metal DVD drive cover from sitting flush. I simply took a soldering iron to the little black plastic stumps and melted them down to near nothing. Other then that, no real issues with this case. Its a high quality product that is actually easy to install, as long as you're good at following guides, you can't go wrong.

The green LED DVD gate, again top quality product, and works without a hitch. Bit fiddly putting it in place but nothing a thick monkey couldn't work out. Went for green because everyone goes red
tongue.gif

Really pleased with outcome. Next month, black Wiimote and Nunchuck replacement parts!
biggrin.gif

Logan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
i've got the xcm II see through blue case with blue leds. they are a good case and damn them screws
tongue.gif

There is always one isn't there!? lol
biggrin.gif
One of the last screws (I reused the ones I took out) I had to screw back in, a tri-wing, was a bitch
frown.gif
I couldn't drive it home fully in fear of damaging the head too much. So left it slightly raised. It doesn't affect anything thankfully.

But aye, really nice cases. Wish I'd bought the green replacement LED fan now and done that at the same time for some more added green glow effect lol
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: gm chat