Status
Not open for further replies.

willhack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I won't go online anytime soon. I'm not against it. Infact i encourage y'all to test it so we can see what gets a ban and what doesnt when the ban waves come

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
They only patched Fuse-Burn not Fuse-Check. If you are on 5.1.0 with the "Flash" Method in Tutorial Section, you can't boot SX OS since the System requires 6 Fuses instead of 5 burned.
So previously it would boot in and burn the fuses, now it just doesn't boot in at all?

Last edited by Soluble,

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
So what is this "patch" that TX used?

What does it do?

I mean, why we can play games with othe certs now? What was holding back v1.0?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What does it do?

I believe it had something to do with the way TX was emulating cartridge games so you couldn't inject certificates to make them go online but now you can inject a certificate (but still risk a ban).

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I believe it had something to do with the way TX was emulating cartridge games so you couldn't inject certificates to make them go online but now you can inject a certificate (but still risk a ban).

Im sure some people was able to olay some games online with TX, but they got banned real quick, so thats why im confused.

We could do that before, but know what, is it safe? Would Ninti recognize the dumps like couple days ago?

Edit: oh i think i got it. Maybe with v1.0, even if we injected any cert, the game wont recognize it and it would be the same as having no cert. So now if we inject one, the game would use it just fine.

Last edited by alexj9626,

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What does it do?

The scene of course, you don't know how this works? They never considered the feature because they never did the research. When the scene did the research, they implemented a feature. This is how you make money off of other ppls works, get a clue bruh!

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

What does it do?

A Game-Cart has a "Heatbeat" if you play Online, every X Secounds the Server request Information from the Cert again, like what Game it is for etc. in 1.0 they wasn't able to emulate this. Now they Emulating the Cartridge CPU (there is a CPU just for Cartridge slot to sent this Informations) so the Server can Request new Cert Information all the time.

So with a Private / own dump you can play Online fine (should not ban you) but REPLACE the Cert for a different Game will 100% Ban, since the Cert tell the Server "I am a Cert for like Zelda" and they just log it.

Reactions: alexj9626

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sure some people was able to olay some games online with TX, but they got banned real quick, so thats why im confused.

We could do that before, but know what, is it safe? Would Ninti recognize the dumps like couple days ago?
The dumps made by TX lacked headers so you could not go online with them. It was literally impossible, but if you have video proof, I can't argue that. Also, Nintendo can only identify dumps by their unique cartridge header because there's nothing stopping someone from sharing his game with a friend. Originally the problem was you and your friend couldn't go online using the same header, for obvious reasons. Now, there are checks in place to see if the header/certificate matches the game it is trying to run. If they don't match, the certificate gets flagged and potentially even the console. After that, a ban is inevitable.

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N has a blacklist of game certs that cannot be played. this is a good alternative.
They will either update their servers to check certs to titleid or will issue another system update. the second is more likely next

considering they are about to offer paid service soon I see them doing a huge wave of bans and prob will implement the above

What is is is almost all SX OS users are using dl BBB "backups" most have been striped of certs and others have their certs bans by BigN

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
The dumps made by TX lacked headers so you could not go online with them. It was literally impossible, but if you have video proof, I can't argue that. Also, Nintendo can only identify dumps by their unique cartridge header because there's nothing stopping someone from sharing his game with a friend. Originally the problem was you and your friend couldn't go online using the same header, for obvious reasons. Now, there are checks in place to see if the header/certificate matches the game it is trying to run. If they don't match, the certificate gets flagged and potentially even the console. After that, a ban is inevitable.

I was talking about something like this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-im-bannanas-by-playing-online-using-xecuter-os-sx.508046/

I think they played online with some dumps without headers, and got banned after couple hours.

Still, i edited my post. I kinda think i get it now. With v1.0 even if you had a header, SX OS wont be able to emulate them, so is like you dont have any headers. Now they can do it properly.

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-im-bannanas-by-playing-online-using-xecuter-os-sx.508046/

I think they played online with some dumps without headers, and got banned after couple hours.

Still, i edited my post. I kinda think i get it now. With v1.0 even if you had a header, SX OS wont be able to emulate them, so is like you dont have any headers. Now they can do it properly.

That person lost online

firmware doesnt matter what Drax is saying is carts have a certificate that contains a cartridge id. they are not in dumps people are using

Last edited by Type_O_Dev,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He didn't get banned, he was getting an error with trying to go online with a game that didn't have a header. Meaning either he didn't inject a header or he injected one and it still wasn't working based off of v1.0

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Y
That person lost online

firmware doesnt matter what Drax is saying is carts have a certificate that contains a cartridge id. they are not in dumps people are using

Yeah i know he did (but just for that game tho, not console ban). Thing is they played dumps online, so i think thats possible even with no header. They got banned after that, but still, they played with no cert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...