Hacking Xecuter SX to pre-order or not?

Who has order a Xecuter SX?

• I have pre-order

Votes: 86 46.7%
  • I have NOT order one.

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • Waiting to see how people like it when they get first shippment and if they get ban.

Votes: 35 19.0%
  • Waiting for Free version from Atmosphere

Votes: 47 25.5%

• Total voters

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My post was in response to someone saying he wouldn't care if backup-loading was released tomorrow, because it's only $45 that's admittedly wasted. That sounds

Wasteful thinking would be you thinking that it's any of your business.

PojarNazarovich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
First of all, they maybe rushing thing, but is it seems obvious that for now and for next, at least, 6 month TX product will be a better solution than atmosphere, because you pay for it, and it's pure marketing strategy that there will be a friendly feedback and their product will be tested as hell, cause they understand that if they demands money for product, people on other side demands quality. In case of atmosphere it predictable, that some of units will be bricked, like it always happened with CFW release on any console,plus Scires also rushing his release like TX. Second, backup loader for atmosphere will not exist, again in next 6 month at least, again because of atmosphere will not be fully completed. And for the dongle - its really user friendly method , plus TX give warranty in case of sx pro. It's obvious that atmosphere will be a better, but it will not happens in next 6-12 month

Edit : and about pre orders, people just want to be sure that they will have their SX product. And it's a Russian roulette, maybe tomorrow Scires will upload CFW with backup loader and it all will be pretty damn good, or maybe all RS team will tomorrow die in car accident (i hope not) and CFW will be never released

Last edited by PojarNazarovich,

hellrokr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said you don't care if Atmosphere CFW and backup-loading are released today, which arguably disqualifies you from discussing whether or not it's intelligent to pre-order. I can also order the SX OS at any time without doing a pre-order and potentially wasting my money, making the bold assumption that backup-loading won't be a thing by or around June 15.
No, I dont want atmosphere. I know I will have a working solution. Atmosphere has no date, if you wait for it, you may end up waiting 5 years. Because they themselves dont want to support bkacup loading. So, no its not wasting money, I'm buying hardware and the software both. TX has always delivered. If you think I am, thats ok. To each to his own.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasteful thinking would be you thinking that it's any of your business.
Please check the title of the thread.

No, I dont want atmosphere. I know I will have a working solution. Atmosphere has no date, if you wait for it, you may end up waiting 5 years. Because they themselves dont want to support bkacup loading. So, no its not wasting money, I'm buying hardware and the software both. TX has always delivered. If you think I am, thats ok. To each to his own.
You don't know what the future holds. It might end up being wasteful.

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My post was in response to someone saying he wouldn't care if backup-loading was released tomorrow, because it's only $45 that's admittedly wasted. That sounds like wasteful thinking.

Please check the title of the thread.

You don't know what the future holds. It might end up being wasteful.

The title is "Who has order a Xecuter SX?" Not "who is worried about what's inside another man's wallet?"

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you don't want to read discourse regarding whether or not a person should pre-order, you shouldn't be here.

You don't know what the future holds. It might be the best investment ever.
I never claimed to know the future. I merely explained why the smart choice would be to wait.

Last edited by Lacius,

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding whether it's a waste or not doesn't that depend on the buyer's use from the item? If you do preorder, pay 45 and get it June 20th we'll say and Atmosphere hasn't released you've got early backups and cfw. You paid for convenience and early cfw/backups even if it became obsolete you can put atmosphere on the dongle or whatever. If you get use out of it either way it wouldn't be a waste no?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's interesting that this debate is still going on. I'm actually quite curious why some people are so bothered to see others spending their own money on whatever they choose.

And lets face it, it's all about money otherwise why isn't there a similar argument in the atmosphere thread...

The funny thing is, the pirates who don't want to spend a penny are trying to claim a moral high ground.

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please let me know when you're ready to send me $45 in order to demonstrate your point.

Doesn't prove a point but that you are worried about what others spend their money on. You have something to gain by purchasing xecuter sx. Me sending you $45 wouldn't benefit me at all. It would just help you get out of your parents house for a few hours.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't prove a point but that you are worried about what others spend their money on.
The thread asked for one's opinion, and I merely said pre-ordering doesn't seem like the smarter decision. Speaking economically, pre-ordering something is rarely the smarter decision. There's a thread here asking if digital or physical games are better, and I provided my opinion that physical games are better because one's not losing equity by making the purchase; in other words, they have resale value.

If you don't like discourse, you probably shouldn't be on a website where discourse is its primary function.

You have something to gain by purchasing xecuter sx. Me sending you $45 wouldn't benefit me at all.
You seemed to have missed my point entirely. If a free backup-loading alternative is released tomorrow, then the $45 brought no more benefit than mailing me a check. You also seemed to have missed your own point, because you said $45 can't be a waste because it's only $45.

It would just help you get out of your parents house for a few hours.
I don't live with my parents, and I do just fine financially. Thank you for taking an interest.

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thread asked for one's opinion, and I merely said pre-ordering doesn't seem like the smarter decision. Speaking economically, pre-ordering something is rarely the smarter decision. There's a thread here asking if digital or physical games are better, and I provided my opinion that physical games are better because one's not losing equity by making the purchase; in other words, they have resale value.

If you don't like discourse, you probably shouldn't be on a website where discourse is its primary function.

You seemed to have missed my point entirely. If a free backup-loading alternative is released tomorrow, then the $45 brought no more benefit than mailing me a check. You also seemed to have missed your own point, because you said $45 can't be a waste because it's only $45.

I don't live with my parents, and I do just fine financially. Thank you for taking an interest.

Must not be doing too well if your willing to argue with a random person over a $45 purchase. And it doesn't matter if they release a backup loader right now. You are paying for software that will be maintained for profit. Not by a team that just does it when they have time. There's a reason it's free and like most other little shits that now walk this earth, you believe free is better. You get what you pay for.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Don't get why the bickering. If you want a good finished product which does what you want and money is not an issue, why the heck not buy it. Atmosphere is nowhere near done, and if it was it would be barebones with no extra functions other than homebrew launching. But you don't need that either since there is already a working solution.

I bought 11 Pro kits (yes ELEVEN). One for me and 10 for resell, so yeah its worth pre ordering especially for the dongle alone.

Reactions: vstar

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must not be doing too well if your willing to argue with a random person over a $45 purchase. And it doesn't matter if they release a backup loader right now. You are paying for software that will be maintained for profit. Not by a team that just does it when they have time. There's a reason it's free and like most other little shits that now walk this earth, you believe free is better. You get what you pay for.
I wonder how Gateway is doing.

Edit: I guess I'll stick with my sub-par Luma3DS.

Last edited by Lacius,

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how Gateway is doing.

Edit: I guess I'll stick with my sub-par Luma3DS.

IIRC gateway and sky3ds came out a good while before Luma was easily available. I pre-orded mainly because im on the latest firmware and i know their backuploader is already working. Like others have said, they could release an easy all firmware CFW that does backups tomorrow...or a year from now, we just dont know and id rather pay less than 1 games worth to know i will defiantly have it in a few weeks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC gateway and sky3ds came out a good while before Luma was easily available.
That's correct. Once CFW was readily available for free, however, people stopped buying Gateway and others. When that happened, support for Gateway and others ceased.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    310GBs lol ISPs hate this one trick
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    DLC will be a svelt 32K download lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think you only get like 425gb on a series s hard drive, so you get 1, 2 next gen games max
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, so you need to have another series s if you wanna play more games?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh you buy extra HD n add to it, but not cheap
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, how can a console have more than 1 hard drives?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    usb expansion? I know the PS4 can do this
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh Yea I recall my PS3 can do that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Modded ofc
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Speaking of my PS3 i havent downloaded any games yet bc my wifi is too slow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and also because blackouts here are very common and that could damage the console
    Do you have a surge protector or an UPS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but to play the next gen games, you must have those games on internal, or buy the official ssd expansion cards, which are expensive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, dunno what each one of those are
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, my PS3 was already modded when my dad bought it for me and my brother
    A surge protector is a device that protects your electronics from fluctuations. I recommend having your console plugged into one of those
    An UPS is even better because it has an internal battery that keeps your system on even if the power goes out, but it's much more expensive obviously
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh i recall seeing one in some in the houses of some relatives, including my dad's apartment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, although whatever device we plug into them stops getting power anyways lol
    that's weird
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, and oh i was talking about ups
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    No not that one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Surge protectors are what i was talking about
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yea I got confused for a bit
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty literally juan: