Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

Gnostalgia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why handheld mode? At this point I'm waiting for the particle effects to be fixed to play, I can deal with some infrequent crashes.
I decided that I am going to do this as well. I am going to replay XC: DE and XC2 while I wait as it might be a while before yuzu can fix these particle effects (the GPU dev is away at the moment and I believe he will be needed to fix it). Oh well, it's been years since I have played XC2 (and have completely forgotten the overall story. I remember who the villains are but that's about it) and I never finished XC: DE so now is a good as time as any to play "catch up" lol

oskurogg

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi guys, let´s see if you know the reason why I can't load Yuzu normally.

I frequently download the latest EA version from Github (EA2877 currently), but apart from old version EA2805, the rest of "yuzu.exe" files when I double click them, Yuzu just doesn't load.

It opens 2 processes, I have to kill the first one and then Yuzu opens with a Vulkan error and I'm able to load the game (Xenoblade 3, I have almost 100h played).

I have every possible dependency installed in Windows I guess, so I don't know why I have to do this "procedure" every time.

Thanks!

MarkM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why you are trying different Yuzu versions when there is a custom build available which is working fine - stable 30fps, no crashes, no issues with cutscenes, no problem with memory leak ?

LadyAlice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why you are trying different Yuzu versions when there is a custom build available which is working fine - stable 30fps, no crashes, no issues with cutscenes, no problem with memory leak ?
I think it's mostly to try out if Vulkan finally works properly and if the missing particle effects start showing up.

Btw 2878 had no problems showing me a random cutscene that crashed before (a hero cutscene), but crashes randomly ingame with vulkan

MarkM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's mostly to try out if Vulkan finally works properly and if the missing particle effects start showing up.

Btw 2878 had no problems showing me a random cutscene that crashed before (a hero cutscene), but crashes randomly ingame with vulkan
I do believe at the moment there is no fully working version available except custom Yuzu build. I know people been trying different versions with different set-up (here, discords, other forums) but it may take weeks before Vulkan wiil work as intended.

Tbh I'm only having Ryzen 3600 + 3060Ti - stable 30 fps all the time with no crashes on custom build - it's worth a try.

LadyAlice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do believe at the moment there is no fully working version available except custom Yuzu build. I know people been trying different versions with different set-up (here, discords, other forums) but it may take weeks before Vulkan wiil work as intended.

Tbh I'm only having Ryzen 3600 + 3060Ti - stable 30 fps all the time with no crashes on custom build - it's worth a try.
for me the custom build works fine too (R5 5600 + 1660TI) and even works with res mod, but it's missing effects and that's really noticeable

zeneb21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone, I suffered from the same crashing issues you all described, but it's not happening anymore after experimenting with configurations. First of all I set it to handheld, Vulkan, GPU Accuracy: high, CPU hacks: unsafe (NAN hack specifically fixed the crashing during cutscenes). I turned off the shader cache and turned on extended memory layout, FSR on, AA off, Vsync off, Asynchronous shader, Fast GPU hack - on.

GPU: GTX 1070 8 gddr
Version EA 2878
Mods: Update, Quality Mod

Maybe that helps some of you ;)
Edit: so yes that means I'm playing the game without issues for some hours already on Vulkan, including cutscenes!

Last edited by zeneb21,

oskurogg

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

You mean the one that is in the first post?. Mmmm I didn't try it, but that would be just for this game I guess. I will download it and give it a try.

I have i9 12900K, 3090Ti, 32RAM... but I have to restart Yuzu every hour or so, if it doesn't crash before, due to memory leak, even though I have big PageFile for virtual memory as well.

Anyway, any idea why I can't load Yuzu normally?. Only way is killing 1 of the 2 processes that it opens when double clicking yuzu.exe and then it loads.

MarkM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
for me the custom build works fine too (R5 5600 + 1660TI) and even works with res mod, but it's missing effects and that's really noticeable
Yes I agree they are missing, but it's not such a big issue for me like low fps, memory leaks or crashes at the end of very long cutscenes - I did try so many different Yuzu or Ryujinx set-up's - none of them is working as intended.

I do believe that if working Vulkan version will be available, we will know about in less than an hour.

Barlog

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
playing the game on my switch, but it's too blurry, the game looks amazing on you tube on 4k with yuzu, but I don't want to play the game if it's crushes, stuttering, and missing particles.

totxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow that's so nice !
I'm going to try that.
I really hope we can get all the video upscaled to have a real full HD mod for the game, videos + lib_nx ^^
edit : does it work with .mp4 or do you need to have a .webm file ?
hello, it need to be webm, i will make all encoding when all cutscene are upscale and release the pack, but for the moment i cant find way to inject it :'(
already made several switch game ai upscale curtscene for chrono cross, final fantasy x remaster etc work like charme by follow the same skeleton, so here is atmosphere\contents\010074F013262000\romfs\movie but simply don"t work :'(
Iam on it

totxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello, it need to be webm, i will make all encoding when all cutscene are upscale and release the pack, but for the moment i cant find way to inject it :'(
already made several switch game ai upscale curtscene for chrono cross, final fantasy x remaster etc work like charme by follow the same skeleton, so here is atmosphere\contents\010074F013262000\romfs\movie but simply don"t work on both swith and emulator :'(
Iam on it

EDIT : it was 5am and i was so tired, the file that upscaled is not the first opening cutscene xD that why i was thinking it doesnt work lol so it work ;)

Last edited by totxxx,

zeneb21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Screenshot (4).png
edit: my bad for spoilers.

I differ on that one.. Here's a screenshot from a point in a cutscene, that I used as benchmark for my settings as described above. If you suffer from crashing, you can see the beginning, but never make it to this point in the cutscene..
The quality is better than on my docked Switch, I found my first working good in EA 2878

Last edited by zeneb21,

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I suffered from the same crashing issues you all described, but it's not happening anymore after experimenting with configurations. First of all I set it to handheld, Vulkan, GPU Accuracy: high, CPU hacks: unsafe (NAN hack specifically fixed the crashing during cutscenes). I turned off the shader cache and turned on extended memory layout, FSR on, AA off, Vsync off, Asynchronous shader, Fast GPU hack - on.

GPU: GTX 1070 8 gddr
Version EA 2878
Mods: Update, Quality Mod

Maybe that helps some of you ;)
Edit: so yes that means I'm playing the game without issues for some hours already on Vulkan, including cutscenes!

Are you still able to play with no cutscene crashes with these settings? Can you use the 3x or 4x scaler as well?

zeneb21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you still able to play with no cutscene crashes with these settings? Can you use the 3x or 4x scaler as well?
I will continue in a few hours and see how far I get today. No I didn't use any scaling, it's on 1x, with the quality mod installed though that gives the image a good enough overall look imo

SwitchMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I differ on that one.. Here's a screenshot from a point in a cutscene, that I used as benchmark for my settings as described above. If you suffer from crashing, you can see the beginning, but never make it to this point in the cutscene..
The quality is better than on my docked Switch, I found my first working good in EA 2878
No spoiler please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1