YouTube ReVanced project releases app manager that patches out ads from the main YouTube app

vancned.png

Rising from the ashes of YouTube Vanced is the ReVanced project, which has seen a major milestone with the release of the ReVanced Manager app. ReVanced came to be after Google went after the original YouTube Vanced app with a cease and desist, resulting in the end of the sideloadable Android app that allowed users to skip sponsors, ads, and other tweaks usually exclusive to the paid YouTube Premium subscription, but for free.

ReVanced does those same things, but exists in the form of an Android app patch, as distributing a pre-patched .apk YouTube client is illegal. Additionally, this project is fully open-source, and you can follow its development on GitHub. Previously, users have been able to use the ReVanced patch, though it required building the patch from the source code. Now, however, the ReVanced Manager has been released, which simply and easily patches the YouTube app. Currently, the manager is in an alpha release, and offers support for patching out timeline ads on Twitter, or general advertisements on the official Reddit app, alongside the primary focus of adding quality of life features to both YouTube and YouTube Music.

This alpha release follows the recent news of YouTube trying out anywhere from 5 to 10 unskippable bumper ads before videos.

:arrow: Source

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you apply a bunch of patches that it said it doesn't support, or did you attempt a method of trial and error?

I applied all the available patches except the autoplay one, there was no warning about them not being supported, it's when I choose the app to patch that it told me it wasn't supported, I got my Youtube app from Aurora Store, dunno if that changes anything...

Reactions: tabzer

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does it have all the same features as Vanced or am I better sticking with that for now, since it still works?
I mainly use the black theme, SponsorBlock and Return YouTube Dislike, as well as the preferred quality settings Vanced offers, occasionally use background playback or playback with screen off.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Instantly installed, even tho the Vanced app still worked pretty nice, I'll try that and mess with the patches on other apps

Willgheminass

The Ultimate Pink Lurker
Trophies
Website
rhylnzux.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Does it have all the same features as Vanced or am I better sticking with that for now, since it still works?
I mainly use the black theme, SponsorBlock and Return YouTube Dislike, as well as the preferred quality settings Vanced offers, occasionally use background playback or playback with screen off.
I've skimmed through all the patches in the app just now and it seems to have all of that.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The apps are more updated, I had a bug where I had to swipe 2 times to go into fullscreen and it seems to work nice. Also you can basically add the patches you want, I think there is stuff that isn't on the Vanced app (like the HDR thing I think) but anyway you can add what you want really (you can delete some of the bloat and useless features on the navigation bar, makes the navigation easier, worth a try imo)

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Tried revanced for a few hours. App does bug randomly and ads still shows up from time to time. All I can say right now is that If you're happy with vanced then I suggest staying with the app for the time being.

Last edited by Paulsar99,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmmm, that's interesting, tho, I tried to patch my Youtube install with it and it just fucked it up, I got a message about split apk not being well supported prior to it tho, gonna stay on Vanced for the moment but I'm eager to be able to use revanced instead...
Delete existing YouTube app and install supported one

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was having some issues installing the patched app after the Patcher finished, it threw a warning about the app not being recognized or something like that, and after clicking "Install anyway" it gave "App not installed" for some reason. Now it's properly installing now and I don't know why lol

However, another issue I am currently having is that after the patched app is installed (YouTube Revanced), I cannot seem to be able to open it no matter what.
Has anyone else had this issue too?
I think I should rather wait it out until this becomes more stable so I can properly make the switch between Vanced to Revanced, though I don't like the fact that I still need to rely on Vanced's microG, since that one isn't getting updated anymore neither.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fold 3.
Applied the patches but the newly installed app open but blank screen.
Any way to fix?
Exactly the same for me on my Note 10 and on my A53 5G. Your phone and my 2 phones are all Samsung. I wonder if that is the connection why it isn't working for us.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
People that don't have Root. You need to install MicroG.

Try installing Vanced MicroG. Seem to work out of the box after me and @VinsCool was playing around yesterday

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
People that don't have Root. You need to install MicroG.

Try installing Vanced MicroG. Seem to work out of the box after me and @VinsCool was playing around yesterday
I do have microG, but for me the installed patched YouTube Revanced app just doesn't open up.
I do click on it, but the screen freezes for a few seconds and then continues as if the app never opened.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just stopped using YouTube.

Yes, really.

What has become YouTube as of lately? Just a platform for a bunch of people who make money by reading Wikipedia articles out loud, claiming they "analyze" things. The more interesting videos, such as actual documentaries, are on other platforms already and you don't have to see your favorite youtube heroes making an ass of themselves by pulling statistics out of their asses claiming that you're a terrible person because you aren't subscribed to them. A video went viral? I can just look at the news if it's important. Or if it isn't, I'll just watch it on Facebook. Say what you want about Facebook, but at least the videos aren't a 10-minute overexplanation full of clickbait for a 15 seconds video.

Of course there are some good channels on YouTube, like Kurzgesagt, Techmoan, Thunderf00t and the funny AF Adrian Bliss. I support those who I can from Patreon and watch them there.

In 2007 I began "phasing out" my TV. At first by just watching The Simpsons when they aired and my favorite local TV Show. Once they started uploading them on the internet, I stopped using the TV altogether. But, as of the past few years, I've actually watched more TV, due to all the actual shows that are a lot better than some random teenager begging for subscribers while exploiting their userbase as much as they can.
Not all of us watch boring shit on YouTube you know... Some of us just want our fix of car crash compilations and paranormal videos. 🙄

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night