WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Seeing a lot of people already used the unintended release, the proper release warrants a new topic I guess...

yu-gi-vah.png

Differences from ichfly's original exploit,

- Works on NTSC-J consoles
- Can boot hackmii installer v0.8 (I've not added or changed anything intentionally though for this change)
- Verbose output through console (only uppercase characters and space due to limited space on the savefile)
- It has it's own banner (After using the exploit it reverts to the game's banner though)

download : Yu-gi-vah NTSC-J
sources : Yu-gi-vah sources

yu-gi-vah-ntsc.png

ntsc-u version : Yu-gi-vah NTSC-U

ps1: I've given a name to my port to avoid mixing with the original... "vah" is an exclamation in Turkish meaning "alas" and in a sense similar to word Pwn...
ps2: If anyone is interested here are some things that can be improved, animate the lemming icon in the data management screen, make it more compatible with homebrew, use rle compression for font to include all characters, port it to NTSC-U... I'm definitely done with it (it was too easy and no one else interested so I ported it to NTSC-U too).

pictures courtesy of Ahtin,

10082012081c3e9b6f232b3bc3.jpg

1008201208bd443ebd8c614e36.jpg

video (thanks to whoever taken it
tongue.gif
)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
great job buddy! Is this the same one u posted on wiidev yesterday or the day before? I'm just wondering if I should redownload it.

thx again!

edit: nevermind, @ 74KBs, I just redownloaded it, lol

edit2: I noticed this is just the JAP port, is there any chance of u releasing the PAL version (with fixes for hackmii installer)?

thanks again!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well I've not done anything for the hackmii installer compatibility actually and it's better to leave it for ichfly to improve on as this exploit belongs to him.

Just a hint. I've used a different area for savedata as it's duplicated 3-4 times in the memory... The area that is higher in the memory.. that might also be the reason that it is compatible... Dunno...

Another hint. One can cram an additional elf into the save and load it off the nand using existing ios library written by TT... And use that as a loader with greater compatibility... That way you are not limited to the savedata's 12800 bytes size... This was the technique employed by original Twilight Hack as far as I remember.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
Btw ported it to NTSC-U too... though I see no point in releasing it
tongue.gif
(no point in increasing the game's value in US)

Only tested with hackmii installer 0.8...
You may as well release it to give wider variety. Now that the hack has been released, Ninty will block all regions in the next update, so it makes more sense to release it, even if there isn't much use. There is probably someone in the US that has the game and System Menu 4.3 and wants HBC
tongue.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
SifJar said:
WiiCrazy said:
Btw ported it to NTSC-U too... though I see no point in releasing it
tongue.gif
(no point in increasing the game's value in US)

Only tested with hackmii installer 0.8...
You may as well release it to give wider variety. Now that the hack has been released, Ninty will block all regions in the next update, so it makes more sense to release it, even if there isn't much use. There is probably someone in the US that has the game and System Menu 4.3 and wants HBC
tongue.gif

Well I don't think people would have problem finding SSBB either through rental or sale unlike rest of the world having problem finding games that are exploited. They have the option of Indiana Pwnz too btw. Dunno, I might release it if enough interest shows up...

netsad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be great to have a NTSC-U version of this exploit too.
This game is cheaper than the SSBB and Indiana Jones, so I think there WILL be 4.3u users that will use this exploit.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
netsad said:
It would be great to have a NTSC-U version of this exploit too.
This game is cheaper than the SSBB and Indiana Jones, so I think there WILL be 4.3u users that will use this exploit.

But Brawl is so much better! So its worth the cost
biggrin.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
great work buddy! Does this one also work directly with the hackmii installer? I think that is what the original PAL exploit is missing most... that's probably the only reason I'd like to see a PAL port of Yu-gi-vah... but I can see how it may be a lot of work for very little benefit

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well this one too (in my tests) can boot hackmii installer v0.8 directly... For the PAL exploit, it's better to wait for ichfly to complete it as this is his exploit and he deserves the actual credit and a proper release.

Don't have the PAL game at the moment so I can't readily see the changes I've done fixes anything for the PAL game... I'll share my findings when I get the game..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...