• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much.

If I do this, can I then move my NNID from this console to another console, download the DSiware title that I bought, and then follow the process again to inject this via the guide on a new 3DS?
You need to do a system transfer to move a NNID to another console. If not, Nintendos servers will notify you that the NNID is being accessed on a invalid console.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much.

If I do this, can I then move my NNID from this console to another console, download the DSiware title that I bought, and then follow the process again to inject this via the guide on a new 3DS?

I think so. However remember that with 3DS you need to do a system transfer to get the NNID from one console to the other. You can't just sign out on one and in on the other like you would with other systems.

ahmad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
You need to do a system transfer to move a NNID to another console. If not, Nintendos servers will notify you that the NNID is being accessed on a invalid console.
Ah. So how about removing the NNID from Console I and then associating it with Console II (without system transfer)? Or is that not the best way?

Essentially I'm looking to go from Console I (CFW) to Console II (stock), end up with stock Console I to sell it, and CFW on Console I.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah. So how about removing the NNID from Console I and then associating it with Console II (without system transfer)? Or is that not the best way?

Essentially I'm looking to go from Console I (CFW) to Console II (stock), end up with stock Console I to sell it, and CFW on Console I.
You cannot. Its already registered to your console and serial number. Just putting on another one is going to give you errors about the serial number being registered to the wrong console.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

You have to have both consoles in your possession to system transfer. If you need the money from the first console to buy the second, then you'll need to buy another DSiWare game.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Completely disregarding CFW. Even if your 3DS had never been hacked, you would still need both 3DS's and to do a system transfer from the old one to the new one.

ahmad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
You cannot. Its already registered to your console and serial number. Just putting on another one is going to give you errors about the serial number being registered to the wrong console.
Ah, got it now.

Something I can't understand after reading the hacks.guide several times is:

If I use system transfer to go from Console I (CFW) to Console II (stock), AFTER the process is complete I have Console II (CFW) but is Console I left with CFW also?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, got it now.

If I use system transfer to go from Console I (CFW) to Console II (stock), AFTER the process is complete I have Console II (CFW) but is Console I left with CFW also?
the first console will have cfw on it, as its done on a console level and not just with a sd card. The firm0 and firm1 gets flashed. You will have both systems with cfw, you would just need the boot files on the sd cards and the ctrnand, which allows booting without sd card.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ah, got it now.

Yes, if you want to remove it you have to uninstall it. Also you have to actually hack console 2, it won't be hacked just from doing the system transfer. (The system transfer allows you to move the DSiWare game with its hacked save over, and the hacked save will allow you to install CFW).

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
the first console will have cfw on it, as its done on a console level and not just with a sd card. The firm0 and firm1 gets flashed. You will have both systems with cfw, you would just need the boot files on the sd cards and the ctrnand, which allows booting without sd card.

I may be reading wrong here but it looks too me like he's assuming that doing a system transfer from the CFW 3DS to the stock 3DS will auto install CFW onto the stock one. All the system transfer will do is move the contents of the SD card, the NNID and all the licenses to the new 3DS. It wont copy the CFW. The new target 3DS will still be stock.

Last edited by spectral,

ahmad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes, if you want to remove it you have to uninstall it. Also you have to actually hack console 2, it won't be hacked just from doing the system transfer. (The system transfer allows you to move the DSiWare game with its hacked save over, and the hacked save will allow you to install CFW).
Yes sorry I did mean to follow the guide to USE System Transfer as a means to hack #2.

What happens to #1 after I use system transfer to hack #2? Does it still boot and work with CFW using the SD card inside it?

And what are the possible consequences of selling it to a lay person if I don't uninstall CFW before selling it?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes sorry I did mean to follow the guide to USE System Transfer as a means to hack #2.

What happens to #1 after I use system transfer to hack #2? Does it still boot and work with CFW using the SD card inside it?

And what are the possible consequences of selling it to a lay person if I don't uninstall CFW before selling it?
Console 1 can have its pre-transfer NAND backup and SD card backup restored and be just like it was before, without the NNID.

ahmad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Console 1 can have its pre-transfer NAND backup and SD card backup restored and be just like it was before, without the NNID.
So that requires the backup files that I created during the process right?

What happens if I sell the console to someone without uninstalling CFW? Will they notice? Will it introduce risk for them?

Peanut_BR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello friends.

I have a 32GB micro sd which I use in an SD adapter. All my games and system files are in it. I was trying to install that "Splashes" but it wouldn't work in this set up(micro sd + SD adapter ) It would only work if I change it to the original SD card that came with it.
Do you guys know why?
Btw the bin files are in Luma folder and the Before thing is activated in the settings.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So that requires the backup files that I created during the process right?

What happens if I sell the console to someone without uninstalling CFW? Will they notice? Will it introduce risk for them?
No, you make a backup before the transfer. Just follow the guide.

You'll probably make more money.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't touched my 3ds in quite a long time, is there any point in installing custom firmware if I still have my Gateway flash card?
You'll be able to be on the latest firmware, and play online, and not worry about being banned. You'll also be able to play DSiWare and GBA games, and you won't need an emuNAND. You'll be able to play original cartridges without having to boot into a different mode. If you currently use browserhax or DS profile exploit to launch Gateway mode, with B9S you will have everything there when you just turn it on, and it won't take any extra time. If you are using B9S or A9LH with Gateway, you have the risk of bricking or losing your hax if you accidentally boot sysNAND. If you have B9S or A9LH without Gateway, there's no risk. If you use "Gateway Fastboot" and your Gateway cartridge dies or you lose it, your console is effectively a brick, since it won't boot up without the card. If you have Luma instead of Gateway you can use its features - taking screenshots, cheats, etc.

It's always better to not have Gateway, you just have to decide if the bother of switching over is worth it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a place where I can find system 3ds apps to download ? Like Friend List or Game Notes?
3DNUS - an application to download firmware files.

Reactions: Peanut_BR

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello! I have two n3dsxl. Sadly one is not turning on anymore... is there any way to transfer the installed games (cia games) and save files to the another sd card somehow? I mean the other n3dsxl can read them. Homebrew access granted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...