francerossina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi!

I came back to wii gaming after a long time and I'l like to make some questions to more experienced users.

I'm using Wii 4.2 with Configurable USB loader updated to 61 version. I read the forum in the past days, but some things are still not clear to me:

1) I'm using Configurable USB Loader; it's still one of the best loaders, am I right?
2) I'm using an external HD with 2 partitions: one is wfbs (for wii), one is NTFS (for pc). I read that now is possible to have only one partition, but - from what I understood - the disadvantages are huge. From FAQ, install game on NTFS is disabled, so how can I play them?? And for FAT32 I have to split files over 4GB (no thanks!). Am I missing something? What is most of the people using?
3) I have a SDHC and I'd like to put some game in there to play when I don't want to go around with the external drive (at friend's house, for example). Is SDHC fully supported at the moment or there are any problems? How can I use the loader with my SD? If I start it without my HD, the loader will restart again and again!
4) I'd like to update the wii shop channel. In the past I used the dop-shop utility to update it. Is it safe? Anybody knows where I can find and update version of it?

Thanks in advance

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
francerossina said:
Hi!

I came back to wii gaming after a long time and I'l like to make some questions to more experienced users.

I'm using Wii 4.2 with Configurable USB loader updated to 61 version. I read the forum in the past days, but some things are still not clear to me:

1) I'm using Configurable USB Loader; it's still one of the best loaders, am I right? Yes
2) I'm using an external HD with 2 partitions: one is wfbs (for wii), one is NTFS (for pc). I read that now is possible to have only one partition, but - from what I understood - the disadvantages are huge. From FAQ, install game on NTFS is disabled, so how can I play them?? And for FAT32 I have to split files over 4GB (no thanks!). Am I missing something? What is most of the people using? FAT 32. wii backup manager automatically splits files
3) I have a SDHC and I'd like to put some game in there to play when I don't want to go around with the external drive (at friend's house, for example). Is SDHC fully supported at the moment or there are any problems? How can I use the loader with my SD? If I start it without my HD, the loader will restart again and again!
4) I'd like to update the wii shop channel. In the past I used the dop-shop utility to update it. Is it safe? Anybody knows where I can find and update version of it? Use ModMii to download the latest shop channel and IOS 56

Thanks in advance

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I can answer question 1 and 4.
1)Cfg USB Loader is for sure one of the best.
4) Just download the IOS56 and the Shop Channel V20. Install the IOS56 first with the Wad Manager and after the Shop Channel v20. I don't know if it is safe to install the Shop Channel first. I cannot give you the WAD files.

EDIT: Porobu was faster than me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also brb