Hacking A New Media Center

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
To have XBMC running on the Wii would be incredible. It would mean I can get rid of my kids xboxs which they only use for streaming video now. If games could be launched from within XBMC too, like on the original xbox, it would be perfect. In fact I doubt I'd ever return to the standard Wii system menu!

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys r nutz lol but good brain storming
my 2cents
i realy would like to c more file compat with the players, geexbox can do alot but sometimes it locks up on me when im changing tracks or movies

Jabcecle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XBMC FTW!

It'd be great to have XBMC running on my Wii instead of my iMac so I could watch films and work at the same time.

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MightyMouse said:
must look into this at once, i've still got my XBMC box because its cool as hell.

I hear that. I got an original v1.0 Xbox TSOP flashed with an X2 bios and I've had XBMC on it since it's inception back in 2004. It's never let me down and there always seems to be something new with every release. I'd say my favorite feature is the ability to stream movies or music from my desktop PC to the Xbox through XBMC. I'd love to have this kind of feature on something for the Wii. I don't think anything can do that yet.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to really get this to really work wouldnt we need to frist bulid a type of linux shell to run xbmc and from within that somehow run the system menu so games would run im not sure hmmmm i think we all need to work on this it would be a far better video player for sure
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

estebanchaidez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the Wii becoming the best media and homebrew powerhouse once this is released with full funtionality. That was unexpected. Wii wins the homebrew console wars, and PSP wins homebrew handheld wars. =D Yay! Waninkoko truly opened a huge door of possibilities for the Wii with his USB Loader.
happy.gif
Good luck for those trying to get XBMC working on the Wii. =) I can't wait to see it in action.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wii Miidia wasn't fake. It made an appearence in the original homebrew channel video (1:08), by team Twiizers. The projects simply dead.

And yes, Badger, I am..
biggrin.gif

And last, people, don't get your hopes up just yet.. I guess there's no hope even for Wii Linux before XBMC is ported to the PowerPC architecture..

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
estebanchaidez said:
Wow, the Wii becoming the best media and homebrew powerhouse once this is released with full funtionality. That was unexpected. Wii wins the homebrew console wars, and PSP wins homebrew handheld wars. =D Yay! Waninkoko truly opened a huge door of possibilities for the Wii with his USB Loader.
happy.gif
Good luck for those trying to get XBMC working on the Wii. =) I can't wait to see it in action.
this has nothing to do with waninkoko's loader you know...
tongue.gif

and don't expect it to be like xbmc@xbox for hdtv's , the wii can't upscale

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
manias said:
and don't expect it to be like xbmc@xbox for hdtv's , the wii can't upscale
All I want is the interface. It's miles ahead of anything available on the Wii at the moment. (Yes I realise it's been in development a lot longer)

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
How about simply making a kickass interface for eg. the MPlayer-CE? Then integrate ImDB etc. homebrew launching, games launching.. Whatever. We could get our media center of dreams without all the hassle with XBMC. Think about it: WiiMC.. Nice..
biggrin.gif

If someones up to it, I'm gonna make some pretty graphics. Heck, I'm probably gonna make a mockup anyway..
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oh, look at the time.. I guess I'll wait for tomorrow. *Yawn*

anino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking forward for the XBMC Wii version, i like the interface and simple to used..tried Tversity but Wii cannot handle that much data streaming. Geebox not that stable yet a lot of improvement needs to done..

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iirc someone at the xbmc forums talked about that aaaaaages ago how it would be too intense for the wii's processor etc, but you'd have to do a search there
smile.gif

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WhySoSerious70 said:
I'd say my favorite feature is the ability to stream movies or music from my desktop PC to the Xbox through XBMC. I'd love to have this kind of feature on something for the Wii. I don't think anything can do that yet.

If streaming means that you can open and watch a mediafile on your computers hdd and watch it via your
gaming console... Mplayer-CE can access SMB shares.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i returned
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm happy its first person.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All big titles should offer first and 3rd person it's been a thing since like gtaV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing Killer Clowns from Outer Space all day, is pretty fun. Basically Friday 13th but with clowns. One of my favorite b rated movies from way back.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, is it a game or a movie? get decided!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its a game based off the old movie
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a down scene with slow drums
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh cool that Bodycam games out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ratings for it are calling it bad, but it looks cool. Damn 48/100 rating.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    looks are deceiving
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea people always down vote games anymore seems like, good or bad, bunch of haters
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, review bombing?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah seems like people hate on original ideas anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh were sorry our small dev team can't shit out a cod clone every 6 months
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly positive on steam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eew, you use steam, I'm down voting you cause you not using or playing what I like.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes and epic and gog, sleep with me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Homophobic
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats wrong with steam?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nothing, I was just teasing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's a big tease trying to take my booty
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No, I don't wanna make ancientboi mad, I know you two already have a thing going
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He divorced me once I threatened him with the fbi
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He divorced me once I threatened him with the fbi