After more than four years of issues, the NieR Automata PC port is getting a patch today

header.jpg

As promised earlier this year, Square Enix will be releasing a patch to fix the numerous issues with NieR Automata's PC port. Upon release, the game was one of 2017's biggest hits, though many found themselves disappointed by the game's PC port, which had trouble running for many, with major stuttering issues, unstable framerate problems, and outright crashes when run on certain graphics cards. Today, July 15th marks the release of the long-awaited patch that'll supposedly fix those problems and more, adding HDR and 4K support, as well. A full changelog details other new features, such as borderless fullscreen, 60fps support for cutscenes, and better lighting.

• Borderless Video Settings
Borderless video settings have been implemented.
• Fidelity FX
A Fidelity FX CAS feature has been added.
• HDR
The system will now detect whether HDR has been activated in the Windows display settings, and automatically boot the game in HDR mode if it has.
• Anti-aliasing
Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality
• UI textures (4K)
Approximately 270 UI textures for icons, backdrops and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions.
• Cut scenes
The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cut scenes adjusted, so they will now play in 60FPS and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the picture.
• Global illumination
A new “Global illumination” feature has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels; High, Medium or Low.
• Ambient occlusion/ bloom
The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
▼ Bug fixes
• It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pushing the Alt + Enter keys together.
• The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when using a game pad controller.
• The frame rate has been stabilized at 60FPS under default settings.
Other stability related fixes have also been implemented.

:arrow: Source

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never noticed any real issues playing Automata, as I used the fan patch, so I'm not sure how much this will help. I've already 100% the achievements in the game on Steam, maybe its time to replay it.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice! I will point out the windows store version didnt have any special fixes, despite what the internet said.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I never noticed any real issues playing Automata, as I used the fan patch, so I'm not sure how much this will help. I've already 100% the achievements in the game on Steam, maybe its time to replay it.
The issues have been greatly exaggerated, as usual.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup updating now. Maybe we wont need the FAR Mod which was kinda a pain to setup with Reshade in the past... Well G-shade works in place of Reshade.

But honestly if you have a beefy PC running this game 4K/2K max settings you probably haven't noticed much anyway, but hey we are finally not playing the base game.:grog:

Last edited by MasterJ360,

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe this magic patch, when I launched the game yesterday I went from 22 fps to locked 60 (this game use to run awfully on modern 30 series without 3rd party party patches) it only this launched like this.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't believe this magic patch, when I launched the game yesterday I went from 22 fps to locked 60 (this game use to run awfully on modern 30 series without 3rd party party patches) it only this launched like this.
cant say i had a problem with my old rig (i7 - 4790 and a gtx 760) it actually ran pretty darn well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean for 1st party routers iirc linksys use to support it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhhh that I have no idea
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pretty cool though if so
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or from what ive heard ways to set custom imgs for 1st party routers so locked down now days
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    OPNsense VM and specs and specs of system it's running on. https://imgur.com/a/S9wgGUD
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows