Age limit

Do you think there should be an age limit for moderators and admins of websites?

• Yes at least 18 years or older.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any age if fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Live Again

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think there should be an age limit for moderators and admins of websites?

I for one think people should be 18+ to become a moderator and admins not saying people are not mature at ages under 18 but you dont see as much of power abuse and other things from 18+ Mods/Admins.

Also this is for mods/admins that don't own the site.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's a bit of a hard topic to talk about...

Though I do admit, if you're the administrator of a website, you should at least be of a good age. If you're, say, 10-13 and you're running a site...chances are you're running a basic forum that no one attends, and you're probably a shitty moderator anyway.
biggrin.gif

Uh, not to say that any of our 10-13 year old admins/mods are bad, I mean. Oh no sir.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well I was made a mod when I was 17 and I don't believe I've had any more issues that those who are over 18 have (so I'd obviously be biased in my choice made). If anything I'd say the likes of sinkhead have done an even better job - based on a lack of complaints I've witnessed anyway (this thread is also based on member's opinions of staff afterall), and he was 15 when he became staff. Age limits just restricts your chances of finding member who posess the key skills that are needed at that point in time. Adding to that I don't see the problem in giving younger members a chance to become staff from an early age, in most cases they should become more able at dealing with issues than others of a similar age who don't have as much experiece. Of course that isn't to say that all staff should be under 18 but it doesn't mean guaranteed failure to the site if the case.

Live Again

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Who cares what your age is?

It should be how you act.
I care I'm sure I'm not the only one, everyone doesn't have the same opinion as you. Some people can actually disagree and not have to follow a crowd.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Live Again said:
Linkiboy said:

I care I'm sure I'm not the only one, everyone doesn't have the same opinion as you. Some people can actually disagree and not have to follow a crowd.
Then state your reasoning and back it up.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I'll just state what I'm getting at: OP got butthurt by a mod (Sinkhead) because he was trolling, so now he is finding any way he can get back at Sinki. Not a valid discussion.

/thread

Live Again

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Live Again said:
Linkiboy said:

I believe I have in my first post.

But ill dumb it down for you

Younger mods/admins are very immature sure not all but most. You piss off a 15 year old even if your not breaking any rules he will ban you just because you called him/her out on something or said something they did not agree with. They will also ban you just to show off and to be cool/ or get praise from users. I have been on many forums/sites that had underage mods/admins and they were horrible, someone would just disagree once with them or someone the mod/admin were close with and they would go apeshit and ban you in a instant.

S

ScuberSteve

Linkiboy said:
Actually, I'll just state what I'm getting at: OP got butthurt by a mod (Sinkhead) because he was trolling, so now he is finding any way he can get back at Sinki. Not a valid discussion.

/thread
THANK YOU FOR FEEDING THE TROLL SOME FUCKING POISON.

EDIT:
two posts down, i gave troll some vitamin pills.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
juggernaut911 said:
Someone doesn't like Sinkhead...
or JPH xD.

well personally for me, i was kinda surprised to learn that sinkhead and jph were "mere" kids, but i respected them for what they did before, so why should that change? keep up the good work guys
smile.gif

besides, i don't think an adult (especially someone attending university, like me) has time to mod a site, especially one of this magnitude. so i say all ages, if they've proved themselves worthy.

S

ScuberSteve

Live Again said:
Younger mods/admins are very immature sure not all but most. You piss off a 15 year old even if your not breaking any rules he will ban you just because you called him/her out on something or said something they did not agree with. They will also ban you just to show off and to be cool/ or get praise from users. I have been on many forums/sites that had underage mods/admins and they were horrible, someone would just disagree once with them or someone the mod/admin were close with and they would go apeshit and ban you in a instant.

I'm not banned.
I've done mean things to 1 out of the 2 young mods.
SEEM PROFESSIONAL?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Live Again said:
Linkiboy said:
Live Again said:
Linkiboy said:

BAWWWW BAAWWWWW IM SO FUCKING BUTTHURT HELP ME MOMMY
Oh, is that so?

S

ScuberSteve

Linkiboy said:
Live Again said:
Linkiboy said:
Live Again said:
Linkiboy said:

BAWWWW BAAWWWWW IM SO FUCKING BUTTHURT HELP ME MOMMY
Oh, is that so?
FUCK, WE CAN'T STOP FEEDING IT

Live Again

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:

/thread

Here is my proof of what a admin/mod that is underage would say. (15 year old)

Sorry to tell you but you are wrong, there you go talking about something you don't know always claiming your right and everyone else who states something different is wrong.

I am not making this thread because of that but a second warn that was for something that was not against the rules and because I trolled you he "tried" to find something to hit me with another warn with. He just wants me to get banned cause he is pissed of what I said about you.

Suck it up and come back when you have grown pubes.

TL;DR
Sinkhead is pissed and abuses his power. Which I have already contacted admin about.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Live Again said:
Linkiboy said:

/thread

I'm too dumb to see what I did wrong so I'm blaming the mod's age when in actuality I'm 5 years younger

S

ScuberSteve

Live Again said:
Linkiboy said:

/thread

Hay guise, sinkhead sez this:

Sorry to tell you but you are wrong, there you go talking about something you don't know always claiming your right and everyone else who states something different is wrong.

i calld scubers a dick but a second later i cald sum1 queer. sinkhead is power hungry and duzunt liek me.

whoose pubes do i haf to suk to get these warnz remooved

TL;DR
Sinkhead is teh master of butthurt so i cried.
BAAWWWWWWWW
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3