All B/W English Pokemon names revealed!

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys are all forgetting that these games, are in essence, meant for the young ones. Sure for us Squirtle, Charizard, Zapdos and the rest were catchy names that sounded cool, but for the new generation of pokemon fans, names like Watchdog are the names that they're gonna remember from their childhood. Some of you need to grow up -_-

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
geoflcl said:
The English names have been a bit silly and forced for a while now. Honestly, lame localized Pokemon names are a fact of life. Why's everyone making such big deal out of it? As if naming imaginary video game characters is a divine art.
biggrin.gif
The point is that the japanese names made some sense, after all they were a bit coolish. All of the other gens had cooler names, original. But a lot of these names don't make sense or are deformed, uninspired. I mean Samurott ?! (thats Daikenki for you in japanese) It's a bit sad to see a good serie have such lame names.
I lol at all the hate.

There's this thing called NICKNAMING. Maybe you guys should try it.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
geoflcl said:
The English names have been a bit silly and forced for a while now. Honestly, lame localized Pokemon names are a fact of life. Why's everyone making such big deal out of it? As if naming imaginary video game characters is a divine art.
biggrin.gif

The point is that the japanese names made some sense, after all they were a bit coolish. All of the other gens had cooler names, original. But a lot of these names don't make sense or are deformed, uninspired. I mean Samurott ?! (thats Daikenki for you in japanese) It's a bit sad to see a good serie have such lame names.

all the other gens did not have cool names (see below) once the game comes out you'll get used to the names, but just looking at a list of obscure names seems weird
go ask ur grandma if she thinks the generation one names or the new generation sound better, she'll say they both sound weird

QUOTE(GundamXXX @ Jan 15 2011, 12:39 PM)
The fact that the names are dumb is a thing said since the 3rd gen.. not that Im blaming people for it but theyve had shitty names for a while now
tongue.gif
this^

although i kind of contradicted myself, i do agree the names got worse after 2rd generation and they started putting random syllables together

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
CarbonX13 said:
None of the names sound English.
Are you sure you're reading the left-most column?

i think what he means to say is take feraligator for instance atleast it makes sence. in these new games, they made names which sound japanese such as toshiro( this is not a poemon name, just an exapmle) they mostly sound japanese

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate all of these Pokemon games. Generation 1 and 2 had the best names for their pokemons. I grew up with those guys now these idiots are overkilling there own series with a billion new pokemon that have weird names. I hated Generation 3 pokemons except the legends. Generation 4 was just stupid.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pocchama1996 said:
Lightning said:
*snip*

WATCHDOG!? Holy crap, I am not going to buy this game anymore
frown.gif

That better be some kind've mistake.
If not I think Im gonna edit the ingame names to something better, or atleast something that makes sense.
It was actually a misreading by kiafazool. It's not "Watchdog", it's "Watchog".

QUOTE(pocchama1996 @ Jan 15 2011, 09:35 AM)
Starting with Smugleaf and Piglit
and WOTTER
ugh Wotter is such a better name than oshawott, who wants Canadian references in pokemon.....besides Canadians.
I'm Canadian, and don't get the reference.
unsure.gif

In other news, I already have a shiny Shelmet, obtained without cheating.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
It was actually a misreading by kiafazool. It's not "Watchdog", it's "Watchog".
i think i already said sorry for that
its not my fault my eyesight is weak
smile.gif

is it me or did the names change in the source?

im pretty confused as in the skill column it says reshiram and zerkrom

someone explain what the source means?

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
In this thread: people stating that Japanese names are cooler than their English counterparts despite not speaking Japanese and understanding that they're just as bad in terms of puns and creativity.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other series retain faithful elements and improve on good formulas. Pokemon doesn't improve but just makes up a bunch of enemies to fight instead--so no new content, more like new graphics mostly
ohnoes.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Wb1DdEdrGSE?si=b0bLxJi6sW6_RSxy