Benandanti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gt4952.png
4982.png

Been wanting to play this for a while, but as you can see, the western 're-imagining' leaves a lot to be desired.

Is there any way to take the translated text and menu images from Divagirls and apply them to Happy Star Band?

4179.png
gt3989.png

Likewise, the same for Princess on Ice?

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Benandanti said:
4179.png
gt3989.png

Likewise, the same for Princess on Ice?
....damn it, I remember seeing Princess on Ice's US release - how does Japan make everything better? D:

since i have this awkward softspot for the game [though, I've never played it!] I'll take a look now.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
princess on ice came out first in america then japan made it more anime-ish which IMO looks way better. hell, just look at the japanese cover and compare that with the american version. which is better? you guessed it, japanese.

anyways, happy star band and making the music are not the same game. as someone said before, happy star band is getting localized as rockin' pretty.

i have played happy star band and its quite good. 4 styles to play from (guitar, bass, drums, electronic piano). i cant wait to play it in english. ill buy all the outfits. as for princess on ice japanese version, i havent played it yet but i will when i get the chance.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: i just tried the game. it is the americanized version for europe. the music and setting is the same. when i looked at the girls, i was like OH HELL NO! they so ugly. luckily happy star band is getting localized as rockin pretty so that means english gameplay with original anime characters.

btw Vague Rant, is it possible to copy the american princess on ice script onto the japanese princess on ice? i want to play it with english.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jei said:
xshinox said:
btw Vague Rant, is it possible to copy the american princess on ice script onto the japanese princess on ice? i want to play it with english.
Also interested on a hack like this since day 1. Please tell me it's possible ^^
Yep. However, you have to copy more than just text, though.

well.png

That's from copying the system texts from the English one into the JP one.
Maybe in a week or so I'll go totally nuts and replace everything for translation's sake. But if you want just bare-bones dialogue translated, well there you go~

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice. have you also done the story copying? you think you can replace all japanese text with english or is that the best you can do?

actually, if you tell me how you swapped the files, i can do it myself...

serving

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been working on undubbing princess on ice but hit a lil sang which is the story freezing before chapter 3 starts I need to know how to change the font as the font is in a file called ntfr

Agu Fungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget Divagirls. Dream*Palette all the way! Now if they re-released Princess on Ice with the Dream*Palette characters; but yeah, a fan translation would be nice, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2