Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.1 "OMEGA" PUBLIC RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
I understand but there's no harm in updating to 4.5 first before installing the latest update

TheUser00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Its a good ideia,but Its more difficult to me,the region I live its difficult to sell this things I think

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm completely new to anything 3ds related and I have been trying to read this thread to catch up on latest GW.

After reading the last 25 pages, there are a lot of contradicting details. Can someone who is confident and doesn't base their inferences off one observation clarify a few things:

Do I need to update GW to 2.01b, install emunand, update GW to 2.1 to prevent problems?
What is the max version I can update emunand to? How do I get this update if I cannot install the max version?

Free kudos to anyone that can help!

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm completely new to anything 3ds related and I have been trying to read this thread to catch up on latest GW.

After reading the last 25 pages, there are a lot of contradicting details. Can someone who is confident and doesn't base their inferences off one observation clarify a few things:

Do I need to update GW to 2.01b, install emunand, update GW to 2.1 to prevent problems?
What is the max version I can update emunand to? How do I get this update if I cannot install the max version?

1. Just use Omega 2.1, no need of searching for older firmwares.
2. 7.1 -16 is the latest OFW and it works with emuNAND. Update only from Gateway mode in System Settings, you'll find that the version of the firmware will be labeled as GW3D 4.X.X-XX

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

idk i think a couple of users said updating emunand while in 2.1 causes glitches, but it works perfect if you update while on b1 then update to 7.x
7.x is the latest FW and works fine in 2.1 emunand

ninnnjaaaa u got my kudos damn you :rofl2:

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola

I guess at this point all people can do is tell you what they did that worked.
What I did on my 4.2 US 3DS is run the emunand installed from 2.0B2, then updated to OMEGA 2.1

Only reason I installed emunand BEFORE the Omega update was I thought I read somewhere that some were having trouble installing emunand under Omega, but I could have been wrong.

What I can verify though is that if you are on FW 4.1-4.4 there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to update to 4.5.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Something weird just happened to me :S I started up my 3ds, went into emunand/GW mode, 3ds main menu appeared and froze for 10 sec ... then everything seemed fine but all my friends in my friend list were not there anymore and my favorite game and message were blank. I basically lost all my friends on my main emunand SD Card :( Anybody else had that kind of prob?

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With 2.0b1 I occasionally had problems starting the GW mode. It just hang with the horizontal lines on both displays. I had to restart my 3DS. I found out that after such a startup problem the SD card got corrupted. I could start a game but the game would hang while closing and saving the save to the SD card. And after a restart my progress in the game was not saved.
After a reformat of the SD card everything worked again until the next starting problem of the GW card.

Yesterday I upgraded to 2.1. I first rerun the blue card and then started GW with the new launcher. It upgraded the card fine and so far no problems with hanging games. My 3DS is still on 4.3.

So I am very happy with the new version.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO THIS EXACTLY.
- Update to the 2.0B2 (ignore all the bricking BS and just dont run diagnostics)
- Install the latest emunand (keep your sysnand at whatever its at, it DOES NOT NEED to be at 4.5. Mine is at 4.2 and runs perfectlly)
- THEN install the latest omega 2.1

It will work perfectly fine

This is Bad advice.
Updating EmuNAND to 7.1 works in 2.0B1 just fine, and without the brick risk.

so,

update EmuNAND to 7.1 via Gateway firmware 2.0B1 (NOT 2.0B2!!)
THEN install omega 2.1

I know this method works as I did it.
basically, I have been on EmuNAND 7.1 on 2.0B1 and kept it there until 2.1 Omega came out, so all I did was to update to Omega.

Reactions: f0rCe and Nightwish

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
I do know it's not necessary but I'm gonna update to 4.5 anyway because if in the future i ever need it on 4.5 it means i will have to buy the game where if i update first using the gateway before i update it then i can use a rom

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
I do know it's not necessary but I'm gonna update to 4.5 anyway because if in the future i ever need it on 4.5 it means i will have to buy the game where if i update first using the gateway before i update it then i can use a rom

Or maybe in the future you can only play the newer games using a 4.4 firmware. Anything can happen.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Or maybe in the future you can only play the newer games using a 4.4 firmware. Anything can happen.
The exploit stays the same, it's unlikely there is any benefit of staying <4.5 that being said he can always make a NAND dump of his current FW for safe keeping.....but really I don't think it really matters that much except that 4.5 will be the most common and tested firmware that people are using

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
I already have 2 NAND dumps of 4.1.0-4E.

Can someone confirm that since I dumped the NAND using the exploit and not by soldering wires I only really need to dump it once?

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm I just thought could gateway add an option to allow you to write a NAND dump to your 3ds providing it's not bricked because that would be a cool option someone should ask them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==