Homebrew Any chance for Libnx UPDATE for emulators 5.0.2?

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
It has come to my attention that Libnx needs to be updated for various emulators on the Switch 5.0.2 homebrew.

Is there anyone with knowledge that can help possibly update Libnx in various emulators for 5.0.2 software.

For anyone who does not know Homebrew is working on 5.0.2

If anyone is willing to help or has info on how to get it done it would be greatly appreciated by many of us.

D

Deleted-442439

It is being worked on. We don't need even more threads asking about when x is coming to x FW, the answer is always it is being worked on, or will be worked on.

Also: If you are not a dev, DO NOT use Hekate it slowly damages the SoC, and has resulted in several soft bricks. The binaries available are not for the end user even if you are able to boot, I do not understand why people are using it for HB when it is clearly not ready.

Last edited by ,

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
It is being worked on. We don't need even more threads asking about when x is coming to x FW, the answer is always it is being worked on, or will be worked on.

Also: If you are not a dev, DO NOT use Hekate it slowly damages the SoC, and has resulted in several soft bricks. The binaries available are not for the end user even if you are able to boot, I do not understand why people are using it for HB when it is clearly not ready.

Why would it damage the soc?

Also it has been working fine on 5.0.2

I'm curious as to why it will damage the soc.

Reactions: Dakota_Pixel
D

Deleted-442439

Why would it damage the soc?

Also it has been working fine on 5.0.2

I'm curious as to why it will damage the soc.

some padconfigs are set slightly wrong, and other minor configs in pinmuxes etc. some of the code is written from scratch and thus not 100% perfect so it slowly degrades the SoC. according to Reswitched discord

Just because it "works" does not mean it is safe or perfect in any way. Think of it as a aircraft with faulty hydraulics, sure it will work, but eventually the controls could fail and then you are screwed.

Last edited by ,

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some padconfigs are set slightly wrong, and other minor configs in pinmuxes etc. some of the code is written from scratch and thus not 100% perfect so it slowly degrades the SoC.

Just because it "works" does not mean it is safe or perfect in any way. Think of it as a aircraft with faulty hydraulics, sure it will work, but eventually the controls could fail and then you are screwed.
But how does it degrade the soc? Also, how does soc degradation manifest itself

D

Deleted-442439

But how does it degrade the soc? Also, how does soc degradation manifest itself

It manifests itself in damaging the silicon, due to wear from improper usage, same reason you would not overlock a chip passed a certain voltage to avoid degradation, same concept.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Leonidas87

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
It manifests itself in damaging the silicon, due to wear from improper usage, same reason you would not overlock a chip passed a certain voltage to avoid degradation, same concept.

So are you saying the current method overclock?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or basically just not 100 percent. Has anyone confirmed it bricking over time?

D

Deleted-442439

So are you saying the current method overclock?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or basically just not 100 percent. Has anyone confirmed it bricking over time?

No I am saying the damage it comparable to bad overclocking.

D

Deleted-442439

does it damage only in the cfw 'mode' or when u launch it, shut the system off and turn it on normally is it fine?

It damages it when in "cfw mode", damaged silicon will not magically be repaired by a reboot.....

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so basically i should stop using this asap?

minooch_e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some padconfigs are set slightly wrong, and other minor configs in pinmuxes etc. some of the code is written from scratch and thus not 100% perfect so it slowly degrades the SoC. according to Reswitched discord

Got a link or screen? Would love some deeper insight

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless someone in the know would like to make an official statement about this, the way you've presented it makes it sound more like "use our product instead of theirs". I get it's all free so doesn't matter, but getting something like this as just a btw in secondhand information isn't a great way to disseminate.

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been thinking in making a thread saying "please stop making threads about "when this will be on this firmware?"" but I know people won't stop, seriously people, wait at leaast until Atmosphere is released (just 1 month)

D

Deleted-442439

Unless someone in the know would like to make an official statement about this, the way you've presented it makes it sound more lthiere "use our product instead of theirs". I get it's all free so doesn't matter, but getting something like this as just a btw in secondhand information isn't a great way to disseminate.

Several Reswitched team members and other people who know what they are talking about have said theyare concerned about the SoC, search discord if you want more in depth stuff.

I am not saying use Atmosphere instead of Hekate, I am saying neither are ready for end users and thus should not be used by people who will not be able to recover from bricks without the need of long guides or in the case of this destroy or shorten the lifespan of their device.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it