Any chance of seeing those Fallout 1CE/2 CE ports on Switch?

baobao43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure about community edition but Fallout 1 has already been ported to the switch. You can find it on places I can not name here.

• Wow
Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure about community edition but Fallout 1 has already been ported to the switch. You can find it on places I can not name here.
Thanks for the info! It's available on the "2u" site (can't give full name here), it's the original version set up to run in dosbox via retroarch, with the controls all set up and an nsp forwarder by the looks of it. Haven't tested yet but should be a reasonable way to run it on Switch if nobody ports the CE.

Reactions: baobao43

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I tried running Fallout 1 in dosbox-svn, and the performance didn't feel great tbh, not too smooth.

What I've got now is fallout1-ce built for Switch Linux, I fixed a bug for duplicated cursor movements with the touchscreen, it's still a bit funny about registering a click when you start a movement on the touchscreen but it seems playable, only with touchscreen for mouse movements so far, controller support would be more work. Or you can use an actual mouse if it's connected and working on your Switch before you run the game.

If you're running Linux on your Switch, you can copy the files from a Windows version of Fallout 1 into a directory on your Switch, then put these files in the same directory and run fallout-ce. I've included config files for the screen resolution and the right file paths, tho you can edit the paths in fallout.cfg if they don't match your version of the game, and you can set subtitles=0 if you don't want subs on the videos (they were off by default, I turned them on).

Attachments

• fallout1-ce switch linux.zip
    590.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by hippy dave,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0